Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/SaraSecoraVO/status/1562562501811638272?s=20&t=QY0Wob5O7-vGAzSHGyQEtA

Dunyarzads English VA apparently acknowledged the NPCs popularity and desires to make her playable even though it'll almost certainly never happen. Its good to see the decent side of the English Genshin community though if only Doris English VA could have been as fortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dori causes the character to gain the electro status so it can be swirled with jean to rip apart water fatui shields but electro sort of got shafted when it came to full null shields so its not that useful. Also it has weird timings and nowhere near as strong and consistent as benny's application

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Infinity Gaia posted:

I don't really know the point of Dori, she seems to fit the exact same role in the party as Kuki but Kuki seems way more reliable for it. I guess Dori is a bit better for bow/catalyst teams, maybe?

Dori's burst generates energy so she might work slightly better for characters that are more energy hungry. But she's also saddled with an 80 cost burst so that's awkward. She may wanna stack a whole lot of ER% given her 2nd ascension passive gives her free energy for using her skill (up to 15 per at 300% ER). I dunno, on paper she seems like she'll be awkward to build since all of her utility is on her 80 cost burst and you have to find a balance between ER% and HP% if you also want her healing to be good.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Dori's burst generates energy so she might work slightly better for characters that are more energy hungry. But she's also saddled with an 80 cost burst so that's awkward. She may wanna stack a whole lot of ER% given her 2nd ascension passive gives her free energy for using her skill (up to 15 per at 300% ER). I dunno, on paper she seems like she'll be awkward to build since all of her utility is on her 80 cost burst and you have to find a balance between ER% and HP% if you also want her healing to be good.

That... actually sounds nice! She can be my new skyward pride holder.

e: Though she'd probably want my R5 Sac or Fav Claymore. crap.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

ninjoatse.cx posted:

That... actually sounds nice! She can be my new skyward pride holder.

e: Though she'd probably want my R5 Sac or Fav Claymore. crap.

Sounds to me like the first Bell holder has finally arrived. So she's also a bit of a shielder.

I'd like to see how hard you proc combustion on yourself if you use her burst and Benny's burst at the same time.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Maybe my Collei shouldn't have 83% crit rate if dendro bloom reactions can't crit? What does collei want, her skills seem to say ATK but dendro reactions say EM and more EM. Should I try removing hydro completly for aggravate reactions and focus on that if I want to keep crit rate on Collei? Right now I only get bloom/hyperbloom with electrocharged dendro soup.

What's the point of the deepwood dendro set? Unless I'm running two dendros I don't see a point in having dendro resist shred on anyone compared to the very useful EM buffs from gilded dreams 4-piece.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think it's pretty much explicitly for Dendro Resonance teams, yeah. Which is currently not a SUPER great idea but may become better when we get an actual Dendro support.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dori's primary usecase seems to be for teams that want bare minimum electro application and more energy than kuki supplies, and dont care about the electro character supplying any damage. she seems specifically designed as a partner for eula. eula teams that wanted superconduct were usually running raiden, which is a pretty big waste of raiden, or kuki, who has a bit more electro application than you really need for superconduct.

she could also be good in a raiden/sara/dori/kazuha or sucrose mono-electro team.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 3, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sanctum posted:

What's the point of the deepwood dendro set? Unless I'm running two dendros I don't see a point in having dendro resist shred on anyone compared to the very useful EM buffs from gilded dreams 4-piece.
if tighnari is your main DPS you want someone running it. keep in mind that anyone can run the set, not just dendro characters, so you can easily stick it on someone like fischl the same way she sometimes runs tenacity of the milelith.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Deepwood is ideal for supports either for boosting a Dendro Main DPS (right now just Tighnari) or for Bloom/Hyperbloom/Burgeon teams since all of those do Dendro damage. I've seen people toying around with throwing Deepwood on Shinobu, Thoma, Kokomi, and Zhongli in various circumstances for example.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I finished up Aranayaka today and I'd say it's my favorite questline in the game so far. I still have more to do to finish out the book, but I'm not trying to speed clear things.

Overall, Sumeru feels like a huge step up from Inazuma. To me it makes it clear how much the pandemic likely affected development.

I hope they invest more in cinematics going forward. They do so well at them, but use them so sparsely. I wonder if that's due to game size concerns.

Edit: I also wonder if Marana's Avatar will become a weekly boss?

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 3, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Cinematics is definitely a factor because they explicitly deleted old ones to create room for 3.0. The game is still mostly for phone users as far as the fanbase, unfortunately.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I can't even imagine playing this game on a phone, except maybe to condense some resin to save for later.

How does anyone fully appreciate their waifus in anything less than 4K 60 FPS?

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Yeah Sumeru is a really great take on a huge ancient forest. The trees are BIG, the landscape is varied. It’s great. I have high hopes for the desert area too.

I really liked the first three Inazuma islands but didn’t like any of the areas added in 2.x patches and really hated Enkanomiya.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's a shame inazuma is so potent when it comes to artifact routes... I would prefer to never set foot there again.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
On Raiden chat, what's the general consensus on Ei's personality in the playerbase?
I'm doing her first story quest right now and
I prefer the shogun to the way they try to rehab her with utter naivete, though it is interesting how much they lean into making the gods/archons incredibly flawed in Genshin.
I can totally get behind Ei not knowing fads, but to have her struggle with concepts like fiction is actually kind of scary. It makes Zhongli and Venti's plans to gently caress off and stop interfering with humans incredibly noble, since that much power really shouldn't be in the hands of immortal babies.

Kale
May 14, 2010

MajorBonnet posted:

I finished up Aranayaka today and I'd say it's my favorite questline in the game so far. I still have more to do to finish out the book, but I'm not trying to speed clear things.

Overall, Sumeru feels like a huge step up from Inazuma. To me it makes it clear how much the pandemic likely affected development.

I hope they invest more in cinematics going forward. They do so well at them, but use them so sparsely. I wonder if that's due to game size concerns.

Edit: I also wonder if Marana's Avatar will become a weekly boss?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da4jJLvI_VA

Yeah Honkai has some dope rear end cinematics like this one that they seem to be trying to do more of in Genshin so theres definitely a history of solid cutscenes that arent just done all in engine. The actual cinematic part starts at around 5:45.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

On Raiden chat, what's the general consensus on Ei's personality in the playerbase?
I prefer the shogun to the way they try to rehab her with utter naivete, though it is interesting how much they lean into making the gods/archons incredibly flawed in Genshin.
I can totally get behind Ei not knowing fads, but to have her struggle with concepts like fiction is actually kind of scary. It makes Zhongli and Venti's plans to gently caress off and stop interfering with humans incredibly noble, since that much power really shouldn't be in the hands of immortal babies.
her second story quest does a lot better job with her character i think. i like the mix of immortal war god and kind of broken down sheltered woman, especially with how shes kind of trying to live up to her sister who presumably actually was the badass war god, but her first story quest leans way too hard into it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

Raiden story quest part 1 was made fun of a lot. Part 2 basically redeems it but even factoring that in I don't think she's a well written character.

Unrelated idk if I ever mentioned this but if you're a native english speaker and play in JP or CN try the heizou hangout in english at least.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 3, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I liked the second story chapter a lot better than the first.

I do enjoy the running gag that all the archons are always broke because none of them understand money.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

light novels with raiden was funny so it was good

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Endorph posted:

her second story quest does a lot better job with her character i think. i like the mix of immortal war god and kind of broken down sheltered woman, especially with how shes kind of trying to live up to her sister who presumably actually was the badass war god, but her first story quest leans way too hard into it.

Yeah, there's a lot of cool stuff you could do with Ei, Makoto, and the Shogun as a now incomplete triumvirate inhabiting a role, and "Ei's lack of knowledge of how the world has changed since her seclusion lead to problems and ramped up the Shogun's harsh rule, and now the two need to deal with that."

No Wave posted:

Raiden story quest part 1 was made fun of a lot. Part 2 basically redeems it but it is kind of impossible that doesn't understand the concept of a picture.
Right, like as cheesy as the story was I can buy her not knowing about dimestore trash lit, and being shocked at the speed and detail of a camera but she's portrayed in part 1 like she would 100% fail the mirror test.
Glad the later story gets away from that.

I think it's cool that Ei understands money, but has no use for it. Actually all 3 of the ones we've met so far have different reasons for being broke, which is kind of fun.

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Endorph posted:

Makoto wasn't a warrior, handling those parts for her was Ei's original job - it was brought up several times in the related quests and cutscenes. Still plenty left for her to live up to, though.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

Ei was the badass wargod and ultimate weapon of Inazuma I thought. Makoto was the politician with a bit of combat experience with the sword apparently but nowhere near Ei.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah Ei's whole thing was that she was the war god who spent 100% of her time practicing hitting stuff with swords/spears and was just completely useless at every other subject.
She let Makoto do everything and make all her decisions for her which is why she was such a godawful leader when she was suddenly running the country on her own.

Sanctum posted:

Maybe my Collei shouldn't have 83% crit rate if dendro bloom reactions can't crit? What does collei want, her skills seem to say ATK but dendro reactions say EM and more EM. Should I try removing hydro completly for aggravate reactions and focus on that if I want to keep crit rate on Collei? Right now I only get bloom/hyperbloom with electrocharged dendro soup.

EM on Collei doesn't matter for bloom teams because 99% of the time the hydro(/pyro/electro) character will be the one triggering the final reaction.
Unless you're doing collei+xingqiu+yelan or something with tons o' hydro.

The deepwood set reducing dendro res works well for bloom teams because, counterintuitively, hyperbloom/burgeon still do dendro damage and not electro/pyro. So if you have a high EM Fischl/Yae triggering hyperblooms, the deepwood set on Collei or Dendro MC will shred resistance so those hyperblooms do more damage. For Collei herself you just want enough ER to spam her burst for elemental application and then some generic damage stats. Her stats won't influence the reactions so it's just to optimize the raw damage on her abilities. And it's pretty low priority compared to the rest of the team.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

It's a shame inazuma is so potent when it comes to artifact routes... I would prefer to never set foot there again.

Is it, though? I know the reactor is the best place to finish the route, but most artifact spots in inazuma only drop 1 artifact. Lots of what I’ve seen in sumeru drop 2, but i’m not sure if they respawn.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

1 vs 2 vs 1green is I think random for all regions. Sereimaru is annoying to route but it's pretty good...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ei has put so many points into violence that she literally cannot cook. If she were to hold chicken and a mushroom the entire waveform would collapse, like Bennet picking up a 4-leaf clover.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da4jJLvI_VA

Yeah Honkai has some dope rear end cinematics like this one that they seem to be trying to do more of in Genshin so theres definitely a history of solid cutscenes that arent just done all in engine. The actual cinematic part starts at around 5:45.

Not that Honkai's VN cinematics aren't cool, but when comparing to when Genshin busts out the good animation, why would you go with the thing that honestly had me disappointed that Mei didn't get the good animation for her Herscherr transformation instead of the thing, like, later in the same chapter that made me go "oh. Oh she didn't get her good animation there because they were saving it for this one?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1sd5CzR504

I mean besides that you posted it before.

(Also I'm usually several pages behind when I see them, but never stop posting random rear end Honkai lore summaries this game sounds so loving batshit when presented with some distance and I loving love it. And also just remembered the rest of the latest chapter should be out so I know what I'm about to go do. :neckbeard:)

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

RareAcumen posted:

Ei has put so many points into violence that she literally cannot cook. If she were to hold chicken and a mushroom the entire waveform would collapse, like Bennet picking up a 4-leaf clover.

I thought it was more that as the Shogun she wouldn't cook rather than she couldn't. She's got Sara for that, anyway.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Captain France posted:

Not that Honkai's VN cinematics aren't cool, but when comparing to when Genshin busts out the good animation, why would you go with the thing that honestly had me disappointed that Mei didn't get the good animation for her Herscherr transformation instead of the thing, like, later in the same chapter that made me go "oh. Oh she didn't get her good animation there because they were saving it for this one?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1sd5CzR504

I mean besides that you posted it before.

(Also I'm usually several pages behind when I see them, but never stop posting random rear end Honkai lore summaries this game sounds so loving batshit when presented with some distance and I loving love it. And also just remembered the rest of the latest chapter should be out so I know what I'm about to go do. :neckbeard:)

Yeah it's crazy bonkers like when in the Anti-Entropy visual novel genderbent Thomas Edison and the ghost of Marquis De Lafayette's daughter defended New York from a salvo of nukes and giant ball of Honkai energy in 1955 in a DBZ like power struggle, but the original empire state building was a casualty and just doesn't exist in that worlds universe anymore and Otto Apocalypse took over the cyborg valkyrie's body to try to make sure the nukes hit, but Welt Joyce the main character of the story realized the macguffin they spent the whole visual novel finding can summon localized and shaped black holes to try to ensnare his enemies. It's funny just to describe the stuff that happens in the stories sometimes because the sentences just sound insane frankly in any sort of context. Genshin Impact's story is a lot less zany in comparison.

e: New event seems like a rerun of the treasure hunting hot and cold one just in Sumeru at first glance. Actually kind of enjoyed that one in Inazuma. Never got to do the Mondstatd/Liyue one since it happened a couple months before I really picked up the game some time in the last week of the 1.4 patch.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 4, 2022

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I'm not done with any of the quest lines yet but I wish that the Traveler would say something about Nara Varuna. Why are you so desperately trying to see Kusanali just so that she can deflect like all the other Archons, when you could just ask your turnip friends who you talk to all the time :argh: They even say that you and Varuna have the same music or whatever.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Man we really do send Paimon away for awhile just to murder Alphonso :stare: I guess a promise is a promise...

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

trying to decide if i should do a couple pulls for the new bow for tighnari (who's currently holding battle pass bow) or wait and save for candace's banner in 3.2 :v:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thinking about the upcoming banner. So whats up with kokomi

Shes a healer that does a good job at applying hydro?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

frajaq posted:

Man we really do send Paimon away for awhile just to murder Alphonso :stare: I guess a promise is a promise...

alternatively if you choose to banish him you later find evidence he got torn to shreds by riftwolves over in the Lost Nursery

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Is it, though? I know the reactor is the best place to finish the route, but most artifact spots in inazuma only drop 1 artifact. Lots of what I’ve seen in sumeru drop 2, but i’m not sure if they respawn.

Speaking of artifact routes, does anyone have an updated/good one, by updated I mean 2.8ish since I have to assume Sumeru isn't routed yet.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
As much as I love Zhongli, ditching him is incredibly freeing no longer having to shield up before every fight and every 20 seconds within combat. Now I can focus on what's really important: delivering non-stop carnage to my enemies as a whirlwind of pure destruction

https://i.imgur.com/IMh0bhM.mp4

I am 100% on the Protoype Amber Heizou train. Sorry Solar Pearl, maybe the first Cryo catalyst will be your best bud.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Dang got greedy hoping I could get c1 on my Zhongli and got a Qiqi c1 instead. It'd be nice to get that last constellation on Fischl, but I think I need to save up the next primos I'm gonna get for future banners. I can see where the game really tempts you to buy gems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Just played the latest Honkai update, and man (spoilers, but honestly aside from visuals they're for the update before last)
Elysia is really giving "The Cooler Kokomi" vibes for this fight.

Also makes me wonder: How much do we know about the Hydro Archon? Because I think I can guess which Honkai character they're gonna be.