Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Feliday Melody posted:

I'd probably end up with psychological damage if I tried to do this. I use the same name here as I do on all gaming services, discord, twitter etc and all my RL friends as well as military+civilian coworkers all know me by.

I wouldn't post anything on the internet that I couldn't justify to everyone I know in real life.

:yossame:
I have a separate email address for all my gaming stuff (Steam, Blizzard, itad, etc), but even my female characters in MMOs are Dereka :carol: . My son(‘s generation) has no idea who the real Derek Smart even is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You do all get that you only have globby’s word for it that he did all these things and came up with them all on his own right?

He’s a uedama camper who shoots blues lol.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
repeatedly slamming my face into the poop, forever

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
I mean I'm not going to disagree that shooting blues isn't the height of Eve online

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Kaysette posted:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

learnincurve posted:

You do all get that you only have globby’s word for it that he did all these things and came up with them all on his own right?

Noooooo, there's *quite* a record of him developing gank tactic after gank tactic over the years.

Some people play PvE, some PvP. Globby's game is PvD, Player vs Developer. At that Eve gamestyle he is pretty much the best. He has been repeatedly targeted for nerfs and consistently manages to figure out new ways to beat the nerfs.

Not with you on this one.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Kaysette posted:

You have the power to solve this problem, you merely have to wield it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

It continues to amaze me how with just a handful of drive bys this guy is single handedly keeping this thread moving.

All so you guys can try and dunk on a guy who does highsec ganks and cheats in Escape from Tarkov.

Every "lol look at this guy with his k/d stat wanking" just makes him grow stronger. You're basically just charging his posting spirit bomb with every reply.

Don't stop though it's pretty hilarious to read.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ice Fist posted:

It continues to amaze me how with just a handful of drive bys this guy is single handedly keeping this thread moving.

All so you guys can try and dunk on a guy who does highsec ganks and cheats in Escape from Tarkov.

Every "lol look at this guy with his k/d stat wanking" just makes him grow stronger. You're basically just charging his posting spirit bomb with every reply.

Don't stop though it's pretty hilarious to read.

“Ha ha I’m the puppetmaster.”
Lmao

Edit: This is better bait than he posts though tbh.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 3, 2022

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Frank Frank posted:

“Ha ha I’m the puppetmaster.”
Lmao

Edit: This is better bait than he posts though tbh.

:shobon: thanks

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
globby's posting is the exact kind of posting you'll find in most local chats if you find enough chatty people

eve online does not foster friendly conversation

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I ain't in goosefleet, but please explain in great detail what I'm doing in the game because I'd like to know

suckin balls lol

DerekSmartymans posted:

I don’t know what these specific things are about, but I have to admit that someone getting a successful world-wide MMO (19 years!) to retroactively adjust systems eight times in reaction to emergent gameplay of one single player is impressive. Hell, I thought I was a genius when I figured out on my own how to set a route with waypoints and a final destination.

Haven’t seen devs get so butthurt over a single player since Fansy. In character, too. He was literally untouchable on the first “no rules” server because he knew how the game worked better than the devs. Goddamn bard de-leveled me from 12 to 10 in one day, and I was laughing the whole time trying to drag my body and gear so it didn’t rot.

Globby may be abrasive, and I can’t fathom how he functions in real life away from the game (no judgement!), but he certainly understands Eve Online. And somethingawful.com poster psychology as well. :argh:

i am, quite literally, the best eve online player that has ever lived, or will ever live

learnincurve posted:

you are the dumbest person i've ever seen post itt, nothing you say has any value or merit, and you're consistently wrong and ignorant of the basics of life

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 3, 2022

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Oh yeah, tough guy??

What's your ship spinning high score then?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Oh yeah, tough guy??

What's your ship spinning high score then?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

alexa, order me some dill pickles from the closest 7-11 to my location, add custom message 'dill me, cold pickles please'

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

dill -homer simpson voice- DOH

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

learnincurve posted:

nah globby is genuinely an insanely good player

he just also posts with the quality and consistency of my lactose-intolerance-fueled post-cheesecake-binge bowel movements

eve online

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

alexa, order me some dill pickles from the closest 7-11 to my location, add custom message 'dill me, cold pickles please'

Look at this bougie rear end mother fucker who doesn’t have to actually go into the 7-eleven and get rung up by a person who never acknowledges your presence and doesn’t stops texting while they ring you up some random transaction.

If you pay with cash then god have mercy on your soul.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Watching some of y'all be unable to handle even globby's obvious bait posts is making me start to understand why so many posters on this website can't read an Arfjason or Stux post without descending into apoplectic rage.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Shortest Path posted:

Watching some of y'all be unable to handle even globby's obvious bait posts is making me start to understand why so many posters on this website can't read an Arfjason or Stux post without descending into apoplectic rage.

It’s not even that. That guy isn’t clever, funny or interesting the way the other two you mentioned are - so at what point do you go “ok, knock it off?” Also even those two get probed for what they do pretty regularly

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

just FYI, they've had to change the game around me 8 specifically distinct times, the three biggest being

1) hyperdunking
2) burst jamming
3) gridwalling facpo

so just remember whose presence ur in, i'm the best eve online player that's ever existed.

look at all the emergent gameplay you killed because you went above and beyond to make a point

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I’m gAy

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

same

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

same

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Endie posted:

Hey there. I'm really sorry about the stuff you describe going through. The protest site foray does sound cool as gently caress. I also have tons of questions about Moscow and stuff but I guess that those would be a significant derail even by the spectacular, historical standards of this thread.

Staying at Očhéthi Šakówiŋ was amazing, ngl. And probably the best time my dog has ever had in her entire life. But yeah, going into would be a Significant Derail even by this thread's standards. Then again, how often can people really talk about their k/d ratios (do not actually answer that). you can always dm me though!

I know you. Why do I know you?

Also preemptive: Hi Deadtear, I'm leaving now.

Citizen Rat fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 4, 2022

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

look at all the emergent gameplay you killed because you went above and beyond to make a point

why would i not play the game and own the libs so hard they have to change the game around me?

i am a legendary eve online player

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

salartarium posted:

More plot progression than the Rings of Power

yo I thought it was just me, episode one was slow as gently caress right?

on a high note, though, everything from the trailers was in episode 1 so I literally have no idea what the rest of the season may hold for us

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

there were some really good parts of the rings of power, i loved the scene where elrond didn't really realize how the passage of time strained his friendship, that scene was exceptional

but i also skip the boring hobbit scenes

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Citizen Rat posted:

I know you. Why do I know you?

Absolutely inconsequential space person of the past that you may have met in Madison once upon a time since I went to two goon meets there.

I can’t say I recall meeting you, but I don’t remember a lot of what happened then.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Anyway, here we are not playing this game and evicting some nazi scum

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
J114014 eh?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

eh you wanna come help pop em? I see what I missed blurring, oh well.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
And that was just the cherry on top. We started off the evening by rolling into k-6 in Delve like 10 minutes before a structure onlined, then after we successfully defeated the onlining timer, we rolled our static into an active eviction.

They rage-rolled and locked 2 asteros and a Raven on our side, which we killed. We then scanned the new static and IT HAPPENED AGAIN. This time we snagged an Abaddon, then hosed off when the hostiles brought a leshak, paladin and 2 zarmazd. They attempted to roll with a tempest and lost that too.

https://zkillboard.com/related/31000716/202209040300/

Then we found the Nazi Hole and I pinged for folks to come scalp nazis, and so we did.

Join goosefleet! We do stuff sometimes.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 4, 2022

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
I always thought the weakest parts of Peter Jackson’s take on Middle Earth were pointless action sequences that weren’t necessary to the plot. The Frost Troll scene in the first Episode to me summed up my biggest gripes with the modern take on Middle Earth. You get wide angle lenses, a bunch of camera cuts, characters flying around like it’s the matrix, mischaraterization of the abilities of Elves to be more like video game attacks rather than mystical attributes, and trying to make main characters “great” by giving them superpowers rather than showing their wisdom through their choices and words.

Galadriel who is supposed to thousands of years old has the temperament and social skills of teenager and her redeeming quality is that she has plot armor. Tolkien writes of Galadriel as a great warrior, but speaks to her ambition, political cunningness, and noble spirit rather than being able to fight like Neo.

Also all the Elves look like human cosplayers which is compounded by the bad ear job they all have with their shaven sideburns.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

corgski posted:

b-but your k/d ratio!!!!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

corgski posted:

imagine shooting a target that can't fight back and thinking you're playing the game :laffo:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
:ironicat:

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

corgski posted:

Thought I was missing some EVE context until I read the name. Didn’t CCP change Blackwater’s corp name at one point? Surprised they didn’t take offense to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

salartarium posted:

Thought I was missing some EVE context until I read the name. Didn’t CCP change Blackwater’s corp name at one point? Surprised they didn’t take offense to this.

It's been Blackwater since at least 2012 for sure.