Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mix. posted:

trying to decide if i should do a couple pulls for the new bow for tighnari (who's currently holding battle pass bow) or wait and save for candace's banner in 3.2 :v:

Candace is next patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thinking about the upcoming banner. So whats up with kokomi

Shes a healer that does a good job at applying hydro?

She's insanely good at healing, even better than before now with the new hydro resonance. She also puts out some decent damage with the clam set. She's easy to equip, plenty of weapons are good on her, including TToDS. If you can fire off her burst before her jellyfish duration runs out, it resets. Do that for every other jellyfish and she's got 100% uptime.

She also has very good synergy with Albedo, because her jellyfish is going to hit everything nearby every 2 seconds. Albedo's skill will hit things with a 2 second cooldown, so Kokomi can maximize his DPS. Those two together can handle almost every commission and domain with just about zero effort on your part.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kokomi's niche is that she can put "slow" hydro application at 100% uptime while also having hydro normals.

In a super min-max mega gamer mode, you don't need a healer because you're dodging all attacks with burst timings. But for the 99% mere mortals, she's a good hydro slot that also fills in buffer+Healer all in one.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Excelzior posted:

alternatively if you choose to banish him you later find evidence he got torn to shreds by riftwolves over in the Lost Nursery

I felt bad about choosing the option I did, maybe I shouldn't :stare:

In Inazuma (fatui spoiler) I helped the other fatuus fake her death.

Kinda wondered if I shoulda done the same, but I clicked the option before really reading them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain France posted:

Also makes me wonder: How much do we know about the Hydro Archon? Because I think I can guess which Honkai character they're gonna be.
All we know about her is that she isn't the original Hydro archon. The oceanid boss was one of the original hydro archon's minions who was sent to Liyue to spy on it, but after the original hydro archon died, it refused to accept the new archon as its boss and decided to just sit in Liyue spouting cryptic bullshit and spitting out annoying flying enemies.

In terms of personality, we've got this quote from one of the Hydro ascension gems

quote:

My ideals have no stains.
I must correct you. People here bear no sins in the eyes of the gods... Only the law and the Tribunal can judge someone.
They can judge even me. So praise my magnificence and purity.

and thats it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Finally finishing up the (long but interesting) Sumeru chapter. Loving that casual bomb drop confirming that Katheryne is an automaton, but also new information that she's from Schneznaya

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Finally finishing up the (long but interesting) Sumeru chapter. Loving that casual bomb drop confirming that Katheryne is an automaton, but also new information that she's from Schneznaya

I think the second part we've known, and the first part was hitting you with a clue-by-four. Or at least I knew the second part. I don't remember from where, may have been the wiki.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Talking to the Razor missing lady, she tells you adventures guild HQ is located in not-russia

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tighnari is now level 90. Collecting the materials for stuff like that really isn't that bad as long as you don't mind waiting a couple weeks. I never really went super hard into farming lotuses and just marked them when I found them and picked them up whenever I was nearby.

The recent event was nice for jumpstarting enemy material collection efforts. I realized not too long ago that I was loving up by doing all my exploration with my Tighnari + Electro team (which makes the mushroom things drop a different version of their loot) but remembered to kill all the mushrooms from this event's battle challenges correctly.

gandlethorpe posted:

Ooh yeah, I'm definitely liking this version of Teizou. XQ feels much more fluid (:v:) on the team than Zhongli. And I think it's safe to say "viable Prototype Amber user" is a significant distinction between Heizou and Sucrose.

This use of XQ for his interruption resistance is making me consider him on other teams where I'd otherwise need Zhongli.

Wonder if it might make sense to have both Xingqiu and Yelan on Yoimiya's team (with Xingqiu substituting for Zhongli). Yelan would lose the final "different elements" buff, but gain hydro resonance.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thinking about the upcoming banner. So whats up with kokomi

Shes a healer that does a good job at applying hydro?

Yeah basically. Mihoyo had no clue what they were doing when designing her and so her ultimate and passives are both pretty much completely useless but hydro is so good and her E applies it continuously in a big AOE for such a long duration that she ended up being really good anyways.
You play kokomi just by pressing E and swapping out and enjoying infinite hp and an unlimited supply of freeze / electro-charge / bloom(?) reactions.

She doesn't apply hydro fast enough for vaporize teams though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eh, you can actually use Kokomi as an onfield driver in some teams and it works decently. Kokomi/Yelan or XQ/Fischl/Flex is a team that works. If you build for it she does decent damage during her burst.

And the passive that makes her burst refresh her jellyfish's duration is pretty critical.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
ok her ultimate and 2/3rds of her passives are useless
(and the third passive is something fischl gets a better version of for free without even needing a passive for it)

she's still really strong though!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I wouldn't be talking about useless passive talents while bringing up Fischl favorably. I know her A4 is possibly the best one in the entire game, but I like reminding people that the other one exists.

Anyway, I get good use out of Kokomi's entire kit. People just read her burst and think they have to play her as a DPS. She's more of a healer/enabler who can fill in with damage if need be.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Sep 4, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

believe it or not dps kokomi DOES exist though, it's just not 'slap a weapon on her and go', you have to actually artifact/team build for it... and her ult is really useful for that, because it buffs her attack and jellyfish damage by a scaling amount of her max HP, which at level 7 is around 7% of her max HP. which can scale up pretty drat high with the new hydro resonance. (its around 11% at level 7 for charge attacks/jellyfish). you really want her C1 for that though, because it gives her ult an extra effect where the final attack in her NA chain fires off a fish that deals damage equal to 30% of her max HP with no cooldown on it

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I think the second part we've known, and the first part was hitting you with a clue-by-four. Or at least I knew the second part. I don't remember from where, may have been the wiki.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we didn't know that first part, but between several of the Harbingers being Mad Scientist types, IIRC one of them being specifically into making artificial people, and this

Tae posted:

Talking to the Razor missing lady, she tells you adventures guild HQ is located in not-russia

Some people called it.
(Ashikai on youtube is the one I saw)

--edit
Although personally, I was expecting a much, much later reveal that she's a servant of whoever is responsible for the fact that the sky is a lie.

Also it is loving incredible that that still hasn't really been followed up on.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Sep 4, 2022

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Kokomi with ult and clam set does enough damage to solo clear element immune enemies like big slimes and pre nerf spectres in reasonable time even in abyss, from a healer slot. This niche fact made her probably my most used character in the inazuma patches even if most of the time she is not even part of the dps rotation and only comes up to deal with shields or the aforementioned elemental immune enemies.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

AParadox posted:

Kokomi with ult and clam set does enough damage to solo clear element immune enemies like big slimes and pre nerf spectres in reasonable time even in abyss, from a healer slot. This niche fact made her probably my most used character in the inazuma patches even if most of the time she is not even part of the dps rotation and only comes up to deal with shields or the aforementioned elemental immune enemies.

Hmm that's good to know, I had no interest in another water healer since I have Barbara and also don't particularly like Kokomi's personality or aesthetic.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, I rarely have to use her as a DPS filler, and it's almost always in Abyss. But it's extremely cool that my full support (TTDS+TotM) healer who makes my team unkillable can occasionally come out to do 8-9k autoattacks.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Captain France posted:

Just played the latest Honkai update, and man (spoilers, but honestly aside from visuals they're for the update before last)
Elysia is really giving "The Cooler Kokomi" vibes for this fight.

Also makes me wonder: How much do we know about the Hydro Archon? Because I think I can guess which Honkai character they're gonna be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abdGGfCnacI

Personally I thought Mobius summer skin was the cooler Kokomi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hm my cyno setup is looking pretty good

its very funny that white tassel is looking to be his best non-5* option.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Oh No! The robot is sad and now I'm sad! :smith::smith::smith:

Poor clicking puppy :smith:

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Kokomi ult can also help with hp threshold bosses, so you don't have to waste a full rotation to get them to switch phase.

https://i.imgur.com/1GSOccI.mp4

Full duration of kokomi ult with non burst build yae turrets are enough to clear that first phase of abyss kenki too.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Goddamn how do I get my yae to do those kinds numbers :eyepop:

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Xun posted:

C6 Sara and Kazuha.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
R5 widsith rolling damage can make the numbers huge, but it's pretty hard to manage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hakushin on Kokomi?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I’ve been rolling on the Zhongli banner a couple more sets because Fischl seems to be amazing and buffing her would be cool.

What I’m now at is Fischl C1, Collei C5 and Diana or whatever the last one is called hasn’t dropped.

Perhaps I’ll just start stocking up gems for the next banner.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Yeah that clip was witdsith high roll, I just got kazuha at the time and wanted to see the new big numbers.

I usually roll with Lost prayer but with the other 4* dps cata, solar pearl, the burst does about 70% of that damage

https://i.imgur.com/mHJijiu.mp4

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abdGGfCnacI

Personally I thought Mobius summer skin was the cooler Kokomi

She DOES have the jellyfish. . .
But Elysia has the pink hair, the weird shorts, and all those fishy movements.

It is weird that they went to the mermaid thing thrice though.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

I’ve been rolling on the Zhongli banner a couple more sets because Fischl seems to be amazing and buffing her would be cool.

What I’m now at is Fischl C1, Collei C5 and Diana or whatever the last one is called hasn’t dropped.

Perhaps I’ll just start stocking up gems for the next banner.

Rolling for four stars is the true pain.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Endorph posted:

Hakushin on Kokomi?

I've had proto amber on her with clam and her bubble pops are regularly 45k+ during burst.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How is Collei in general? Can she make a good second Dendro for Tighnari? Now that I'm finished with everything except his talents, I should start grabbing mats for someone else (the mushrooms she uses actually seem much less common than Tighnari's lotuses, though maybe once I start marking them on the map it'll improve).

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah basically. Mihoyo had no clue what they were doing when designing her and so her ultimate and passives are both pretty much completely useless but hydro is so good and her E applies it continuously in a big AOE for such a long duration that she ended up being really good anyways.
You play kokomi just by pressing E and swapping out and enjoying infinite hp and an unlimited supply of freeze / electro-charge / bloom(?) reactions.

She doesn't apply hydro fast enough for vaporize teams though.

Her "no crit chance" thing is weird, because it's not like she'd be eve remotely "overpowered" with it.

Xun posted:

drat, yeah, mine is pretty strong but doesn't quite reach that.

As they mention, Sara + Kazuha would make a difference. Mine hits for like ~45k with her burst blasts. My Sara doesn't have C6 yet, though (but I fully ascended/leveled her for when I finally roll it someday). Though not sure if Sara + Kazuha would straight up double the damage.

I wonder if it would make sense to substitute Sara for Raiden on my Tighnari team. Not sure if Yae's Electro application is enough of a regular application on its own, without Raidens skill. The Sara attack buff might be nice, since Tighnari has low attack and I think Sara adds a flat value.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 4, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Collei is like designed wrong on purpose. Her dendro application is too slow. I guess eventually they'll make a character that doesn't want too much dendro for some reason, but ????

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id say collei works better with tighnari than dmc, especially if you have her constellations. its not like tighnari needs the extra dendro application really, he just wants dendro res and a deepwood carrier.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tae posted:

Collei is like designed wrong on purpose. Her dendro application is too slow. I guess eventually they'll make a character that doesn't want too much dendro for some reason, but ????

Both Collei and DMC really suffer from those big holes in their kit and like...does Kusanali really need the sales help that badly? She's an archon people are going to buy her regardless if Collei is actually decent or not.

I love Collei's design and it really sucks the Dendro Amber meme is real.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They're pretty clearly terrified about potentially releasing an early-game-4*-powerlevel character for the new element by accident.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Tae posted:

I kinda find her more usable in my em keqing, dendro, kazuha, kuki team. With dmc I have two issues unique to him:
First, vs single target, in my kuki->dmc->kazuha->keqing rotation kauzha often has to wait a while before being able to swirl electro since dmc's dendro keeps eating all the electro procs from kuki. This is more kuki that dmc problem tbh but it works better with collei.
Second, vs crowds, many enemies often never get hit by any dendro so the em on keqing and kuki are often wasted while collei hits everyone in her not so great AOE.

With that said both options don't feel that great, I'm waiting for a better dendro applicator, healer if possible so I can slot fischl in instead of kuki.

Pope Urbane II posted:

I've had proto amber on her with clam and her bubble pops are regularly 45k+ during burst.

How? It has a hard cap of 30K per bubble and vs most normal enemies this translates into 27K after resists. As far as I know the only way to increase it is resist shred and with a rare unintended super conduct the highest I've seen is 36K.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Collei is way better than amber and is a perfectly passable unit. Shes not amazing or anything but she does the thing shes designed to do adequately. Feels like as soon as a 4* isnt as good as xingqiu or fischl or whoever they get derided as garbage.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

Collei is way better than amber and is a perfectly passable unit. Shes not amazing or anything but she does the thing shes designed to do adequately. Feels like as soon as a 4* isnt as good as xingqiu or fischl or whoever they get derided as garbage.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FatNarrowImperatorangel-mobile.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

She's got a health condition, cmon