Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Toto doesn’t make any loving sense and he knows he can’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
Maybe one of these years he can finally have a championship title without an asterisk

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Nico rosberg is making sense here, like cmon

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The sport is dead, :rip:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Sometimes I miss formula 1 but I guess the Ferrari and friends comedy hour is a suitable replacement for Sunday viewing

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

rekko posted:

Maybe one of these years he can finally have a championship title without an asterisk

Looking like he has a pretty good shot this season imo angry alt account guy

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I'm pretty new to F1, but at this point do we just take a portrait of Binotto and photoshop it into the business end of goatse? No one seems to be able to make unforced errors look as elegant as Ferrari does.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

reminder nico is reporting from his bedroom because he's banned from the paddock for being antivax

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ethanol posted:

reminder nico is reporting from his bedroom because he's banned from the paddock for being antivax

It's his toilet, OP

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
Even if Horner didn't make that call, the fact Red Bull control two teams gives the appearance they were colluding, and that's why it shouldn't be allowed.

But like, he did.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Glad to see big v pull out the win. Lmao at lewis steeling himself for the long battle after the safety car and giving it up 100 yards after the start line

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

:ferrari:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

'no changes needed' - says only f1 team where this keeps happening

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

:hai:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

If gasly "gave it the beans" he could have had a point

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I can’t figure out which expletives he would be using there. It needs a verb…. rear end hosed?

Oh wait, British - Arse Tollybloomed?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1566447832273485824?s=20&t=SW4LXfzSDymSrZdoQ8UsRA

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I can’t figure out which expletives he would be using there. It needs a verb…. rear end hosed?

Oh wait, British - Arse Tollybloomed?

Its cockney rhyming slang

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Fuckin hosed

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Looking like he has a pretty good shot this season imo angry alt account guy

I prefer 裏垢

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
So I only joined the race to watch VER pass HAM for P1, but how did Mercedes screw Hamilton this time? What lap was it on?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think Max would probably have passed Lewis anyway even if Merc had put softs on, but he'd have been on for a 2nd place finish rather than 4th.

ja_raul
May 1, 2005

Residency Evil posted:

So I only joined the race to watch VER pass HAM for P1, but how did Mercedes screw Hamilton this time? What lap was it on?

By allowing George to pit near the end of the race leaving and forcing a vulnerable Hamilton to relive Abu Dhabi '21 when it was HAM RUS VER

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thanks Ants posted:

I think Max would probably have passed Lewis anyway even if Merc had put softs on, but he'd have been on for a 2nd place finish rather than 4th.

Would have taken four corners instead of four seconds

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008
I don’t get it - if both Mercedes were on medium wouldn’t they have been passed by VER and maybe LEC anyhow on softs?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

cosmin posted:

I don’t get it - if both Mercedes were on medium wouldn’t they have been passed by VER and maybe LEC anyhow on softs?

Yeah they were screwed, credit to Russell for realizing the pitwall was making a bone headed decision and coming in to change to soft anyways.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Sab0921 posted:

Excited to see what Ferrari has in store for us today.

I'm thinking they decide a 46 in lifted truck off road tire will give them the best shot

They did not disappoint.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Simplex posted:

Yeah they were screwed, credit to Russell for realizing the pitwall was making a bone headed decision and coming in to change to soft anyways.

Yeah if Hamilton had made the same call as Russell he might have ended P2. I think if Russell didn't make the call he would have been 4th. I don't think Merc were being completely bone headed but they clearly hadn't learned from last year that tyres are more important than track position in that situation.

Also I'm convinced Alpha Tauri hosed up putting the wheel on Yuki. I need to see a replay of the initial stop they hosed up but I swear they didn't tighten up the front left at all. If it wasn't an issue with the tyres they wouldn't have switched him to softs and I think they're trying to hide that they did a super unsafe release.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Yeah if Hamilton had made the same call as Russell he might have ended P2. I think if Russell didn't make the call he would have been 4th. I don't think Merc were being completely bone headed but they clearly hadn't learned from last year that tyres are more important than track position in that situation.

Also I'm convinced Alpha Tauri hosed up putting the wheel on Yuki. I need to see a replay of the initial stop they hosed up but I swear they didn't tighten up the front left at all. If it wasn't an issue with the tyres they wouldn't have switched him to softs and I think they're trying to hide that they did a super unsafe release.

Actually you will find is all yuki's fault for undoing his seatbelt

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Just finished watching

Fucks sake

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

cosmin posted:

The team hosed up, and RUS figured that out. HAM is not dealing with the reality that the team isn't devoted solely to him, but also this issue about tire strategy keeps coming up with HAM over and over again and every time it does, it fucks HAM's races. It's a no-win situation for the pitwall: either they make a recommendation that fails or HAM wants to do something and they go with it and that fails and he still blames them. But then RUS has more points then SAI now and they're only 29 points behind Ferrari in the constructors. RUS only needs to get a 3rd on the podium and ahead of PER to pass him in the drivers championships. The team has priorities. Will HAM stand another year of this?

Perhaps it's just that we hear most radio messages about the tires which gives a false impression but we hear similar messages from Verstappen and other drivers but not the kind of ongoing neurotic to and fro with HAM, and there's been years of it.

Bizarre accusations of conspiracies from butthurt Ferrari fans aside, this was a race that wasn't predictable for Red Bull, PER really did badly and Mercedes should have done better. But at least they didn't gently caress over their drivers as thoroughly as Ferrari and Alpha Tauri did. The only other substantial winners this race were Alpine, ALO and OCO cementing their place 24 points ahead of McLaren in the constructors, and even if NOR manages a podium which is just barely possible (it would require a pileup of the 5 fastest cars ahead of him), I expect that margin to continue.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I'll grab the onboard and take a look

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i despise max verstappen

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Thanks Ants posted:

I'll grab the onboard and take a look

I honestly remember thinking "They didn't gun the front left?" during the pitstop replay but it may have been out of view or done before the rest of the tires

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

The Dutch must be stopped

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this track is too short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5obLmJ4O9E

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Simplex posted:

mercedes strategy has been mediocre in the past, to say the least, but still miles better than ferrari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I’m just hoping next year’s Mercedes will be significantly faster and return HAM to his rightful place.

At the top.

Of the championship.

You dicks.