Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Chaffle Pizza is pretty good, as someone doing keto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

When I was living in White Rock there was a place (maybe a chain?) called Bertoluci's or something that I remember being really good too

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Raenir Salazar posted:

Chaffle Pizza is pretty good, as someone doing keto.

Ive had a fathead dough keto pizza before that was really good.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Gatineau style pizza is like 2 inch thick crust, a solid layer of ham completely covering the crust, then sauce and like 1/2 an inch thick of cheese. The only positive is you can get cigarettes and beer delivered with your food.

Best pizza I've had in the province was from a strip mall storefront in Trois Rivieres that really looked like a mafia money laundering operation.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

A couple bungee cords is a lot more convenient to carry around everywhere than an insulated bag on the off chance I want bike pizza.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ottawa has a couple local chains. Gabriel's is the big one and it lebanesestyle

is that where the put all the toppings under copious amounts of cheese, and it all just kind of slides off after you take one bite?

cause they should call it bad style

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 3, 2022

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

apatheticman posted:

Ive had a fathead dough keto pizza before that was really good.

My issue with fathead dough is its a huge pain in the rear end to prepare yourself; while chaffle is something you can mix up quickly and is idiot proof.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Starks posted:

tastes so good when u aint got a Chrystia Freeland in ya ear telling you it’s nasty

Edit: sorry, I thought this was the CSPAM thread

I think most provinces cover ear care so you should get that looked at.

CSPAM doesn't belong on pizza.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

eXXon posted:

I think most provinces cover ear care so you should get that looked at.

CSPAM doesn't belong on pizza.

still better than pizza and CSAM

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

is that where the put all the toppings under copious amounts of cheese, and it all just kind of slides off after you take one bite?

cause they should call it bad style

yeah

also love the raw dough

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Coxswain Balls posted:

A couple bungee cords is a lot more convenient to carry around everywhere than an insulated bag on the off chance I want bike pizza.

This makes sense to me. I was under the erroneous assumption you were taking the bike specifically to pick up pizza, rather than a handy setup to hold bike pizza.
2 altogether different operations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Raenir Salazar posted:

My issue with fathead dough is its a huge pain in the rear end to prepare yourself; while chaffle is something you can mix up quickly and is idiot proof.

Ah i've only had it prepared for me so that makes sense.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Fidelitious posted:

Wait a second, is there still an official organization giving advice about cleaning surfaces? That's info from like 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure there's been verrrry few known cases of fomite transmission. There was a big article about this in January 2021!

Yep, this is what I’m critiquing. Unclear messaging that is in conflict with other sources and not updated as more information becomes available.

My partner is reading the BC CDC website and running around, sick, panic cleaning everything. Meanwhile I’m saying “I don’t think this is necessary, ventilation and masks are what matters” but can’t point to anything trustworthy that actually says, definitively, that it’s airborne.

Here’s BC CDC’s guidelines for caretakers of people with COVID:

"BC CDC” posted:

Wear a mask, let fresh air in, and keep your distance when you are with the person who is sick
  • Wear a surgical mask, respirator, or a well-fitted 3 layer cloth mask. Make sure that the mask covers your mouth and nose and goes under the chin.
  • The person who is sick should also wear a mask when you are in the room if they can.
  • Masks should not be worn by children under 2 or people who cannot remove their own mask
  • Clean cloth masks often and throw disposable masks away after using them each day, or if they become soiled or wet
  • Open windows to increase airflow.
  • Do not eat together or share cups or eating utensils.

Wash your hands often
  • Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer when caring for a person who is sick and after you remove your mask.

Clean shared surfaces and objects often
  • Clean and disinfect objects or surfaces touched by the person who is sick, such as light switches, faucets, door handles and bathroom fixtures at least twice a day, and thermometers after each use
  • Bedding and clothing used by a person who is sick can be washed with other household items.
  • Use hot water and dry clothes completely
  • Use gloves to clean up vomit or diarrhea and wash your hands immediately after. Close the toilet lid if you need to flush the toilet after someone with COVID-19 uses it.
  • Visit the Cleaning and Disinfection page for more information.

And like I mentioned, zero info about what to do as the person you’re caring for starts to feel better and ends their isolation period. “Monitor yourself for symptoms daily” - okay.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Famoso Pizza in Calgary is good as gently caress, it's expensive but it's always worth it, so I just eat pizza half as often and enjoy it twice as much.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

PT6A posted:

Famoso Pizza in Calgary is good as gently caress, it's expensive but it's always worth it, so I just eat pizza half as often and enjoy it twice as much.

Fomoso is great if they remember to fully cook your pizza.

Ive had some soup and bread there...

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

PT6A posted:

If you like Famoso (and as I recall you're downtownish) come up to LDV or Pizza Culture Napolitano in Bridgeland/Renfrew, get the Jeremiah.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

PT6A posted:

Famoso is delicious, but I was so diappointed when they took the spicy thai pizza off the menu.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
For any American citizens living in Canada, don't don't forget about American midterms https://www.votefromabroad.org/. You can register at this site and become part of the Democrats Abroad group in your province. What happens in America slowly makes its way here :gonk:

megahtz
Jun 24, 2020

by Hand Knit
is it possible to eat ethical pizza in quebec? isn't it all mozza sourced from human smuggling rings?

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

megahtz posted:

is it possible to eat ethical pizza in quebec? isn't it all mozza sourced from human smuggling rings?

I have no idea but this inspired images that I did not like as to how mozza comes from smuggled humans.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

megahtz posted:

And I thought the rumor that north end pizza places get their ingredients from shoplifters was wild.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Karatela posted:

I have no idea but this inspired images that I did not like as to how mozza comes from smuggled humans.

Well, first you have to milk them.

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

For BC goons the last day to register for the BC NDP in order to be able to vote for the new leader (and Premier) is today (Sept 4) at midnight.

As a renter I would personally like to see minister of housing David Eby lose embarrassingly.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Square Peg posted:

For BC goons the last day to register for the BC NDP in order to be able to vote for the new leader (and Premier) is today (Sept 4) at midnight.

As a renter I would personally like to see minister of housing David Eby lose embarrassingly.

Any more you can share on this? As a BC renter myself I should probably be paying more (any) attention to provincial politics.

StoicRomance
Jan 3, 2013

apatheticman posted:

Best pizza in Calgary is a place called actually pretty good.

APG
Noble
Jeanne's
John's (Douglasdale)

Calgary has some great pizza.

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Dolash posted:

Any more you can share on this? As a BC renter myself I should probably be paying more (any) attention to provincial politics.

Well, John Horgan is stepping down, and the party was planning on just corronating David Eby, former minister of housing during this historic housing crisis. Recently, long time climate activist Anjali Appadurai jumped into the race like a 2016 Bernie Sanders to Eby's Clinton. The leadership election isn't until December but you have to be a member before midnight tonight to be able to vote in it. It costs $10 but even if Anjali doesn't win (and, honestly, she probably won't), enough people voting for her would be a nice "get your poo poo together" message to the BC NDP, IMO.

https://secure.bcndp.org/join/

Here's Anjali speaking at the UN like a decade ago, so she's been at this for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko3e6G_7GY4

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Square Peg posted:

Well, John Horgan is stepping down, and the party was planning on just corronating David Eby, former minister of housing during this historic housing crisis. Recently, long time climate activist Anjali Appadurai jumped into the race like a 2016 Bernie Sanders to Eby's Clinton. The leadership election isn't until December but you have to be a member before midnight tonight to be able to vote in it. It costs $10 but even if Anjali doesn't win (and, honestly, she probably won't), enough people voting for her would be a nice "get your poo poo together" message to the BC NDP, IMO.

https://secure.bcndp.org/join/

Here's Anjali speaking at the UN like a decade ago, so she's been at this for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko3e6G_7GY4

That's enough for me, I'll sign up and pass it on to my friends. Thanks for the tip!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Question for Ab Dr. and/or lawyer goons:
In Alberta specifically, does a person require consent or input from close family or next of kin for MAID?
I've skimmed the HC website on the topic, and am left with the impression that informed consent and requests are between the patient and Healthcare provider.

If someone would be so kind as to clarify or verify for me, I would appreciate it.

Vvv thanks much

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 4, 2022

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 10, 2022

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Edmonton police offering $50K to innovator who can slow down catalytic converter thieves

"We've tried everything and we're all out of ideas!"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
“Legalize and subsidize hard drugs, provide housing and universal basic income”

“No not that. Some kind of vehicle based taser perhaps?”

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Someone's gettin' stabby in Saskatchewan.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Square Peg posted:

I object a bit to pinning continued housing troubles on Eby in that Eby has only been housing minister since 2020. Previously the position was held by Selina Robinson, who I've heard from some insiders was failing big time which is why she was shuffled out of that role.

It's true that things have uh, not improved since 2020, but there's been some very good signs of progress, such as Eby buying hotels for social housing, poo poo canning the BC Housing board and also strongly foreshadowing that he's gonna drop the boom on obstinate, do nothing municipalities that are opposed to building housing (both social and market) after the municipal elections in October.

If anything could Eby be being currently held back by more conservative members of the caucus? I could believe it. Further action on housing could accelerate if he's in the drivers' seat and is able to get the Treasury to free up money.

Eby has said that as Premier his top priority will be housing.

It could still be well worth voting for Anjali to give the BC NDP a kick in the pants, but overall I'm still quite bullish on Eby on housing. I'd expect accelerated action if he becomes Premier.

Femtosecond fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 4, 2022

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

B33rChiller posted:

Question for Ab Dr. and/or lawyer goons:
In Alberta specifically, does a person require consent or input from close family or next of kin for MAID?
I've skimmed the HC website on the topic, and am left with the impression that informed consent and requests are between the patient and Healthcare provider.

If someone would be so kind as to clarify or verify for me, I would appreciate it.

Vvv thanks much
The MAiD team will talk to family members if the patient consents, but it is 100% the person's decision.

Unfortunately, as it stands you can't consent in advance to MAiD if you want to go once your dementia gets terrible, because then you won't be able to consent anymore.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

StoicRomance posted:

APG
Noble
Jeanne's
John's (Douglasdale)

Calgary has some great pizza.
Edmonton's best options are Secret Pizza (North of the river) or Vaticano (South).

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 10, 2022

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Femtosecond posted:

I object a bit to pinning continued housing troubles on Eby in that Eby has only been housing minister since 2020. Previously the position was held by Selina Robinson, who I've heard from some insiders was failing big time which is why she was shuffled out of that role.

It's true that things have uh, not improved since 2020, but there's been some very good signs of progress, such as Eby buying hotels for social housing, poo poo canning the BC Housing board and also strongly foreshadowing that he's gonna drop the boom on obstinate, do nothing municipalities that are opposed to building housing (both social and market) after the municipal elections in October.

If anything could Eby be being currently held back by more conservative members of the caucus? I could believe it. Further action on housing could accelerate if he's in the drivers' seat and is able to get the Treasury to free up money.

Eby has said that as Premier his top priority will be housing.

It could still be well worth voting for Anjali to give the BC NDP a kick in the pants, but overall I'm still quite bullish on Eby on housing. I'd expect accelerated action if he becomes Premier.

Eby's been better than the Libs were and would have been, obviously, but there's still been a lot of legislation around the margins and a lot of talk without addressing the fundamental issue that you can't have affordable housing while also keeping the price of people's housing unaffordably high.
But Anjali is more of a climate candidate, and between backtracking on ending polls growth logging and going full tilt on natural gas the BC NDP establishment has a track record that's worth calling out.

Again, I don't know if she'll even qualify as a candidate, her campaign is hilariously grassroots (ask me about spending all day at the fair today trying to find a volunteer event that was supposed to be happening) but I think it's still worth :tenbux: to be prepared either way.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Personally just really happy our current premier options are “may not go as far on housing as hoped” and “climate activist” vs… other provinces. Not that we shouldn’t always ask for more and better mind you.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kaom posted:

Personally just really happy our current premier options are “may not go as far on housing as hoped” and “climate activist” vs… other provinces. Not that we shouldn’t always ask for more and better mind you.

Alberta's choices are pretty much "We're declaring sovereignty" and "Hey, let me hold your pensions for a bit" at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Okay, seriously, Banff, Halifax, Saskatchewan, what the hell is going on with all these stabbings today?