Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

What’s the best source of open hands for Librarian conversions? And which force weapon should I pick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Looks good. I like that you can put the shoulderpads on em and they look pretty cataphractii.

Also speaking of esoterists, predictions on whether the demons list will work like it does in 1.0 or if it'll be changed to align with actual demon models?

Thinking about possible creative counts-as models for the 50mm demon brutes and 32mm lesser demons.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

What’s the best source of open hands for Librarian conversions? And which force weapon should I pick?

This hand came from the AoD box, one of the Spartan-related sprues (I think A25/a26, looking at the manual). There's another pair of empty hands on the Spartan sprue proper. If you're already getting the box, wouldn't hurt as a source.

I don't think you'd go wrong with any force weapon except maybe the sword. If I had the bits and a better pose I would have gone axe.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

The Devastator Squad box has a couple, oddly enough. As does the Grey Knights kit (as well as lots of potential force weapons).

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ristolaz posted:

Looks good. I like that you can put the shoulderpads on em and they look pretty cataphractii.

Also speaking of esoterists, predictions on whether the demons list will work like it does in 1.0 or if it'll be changed to align with actual demon models?

Thinking about possible creative counts-as models for the 50mm demon brutes and 32mm lesser demons.

I'm expecting it'll mirror the 1.0 ones, based on the existing Ruinstorm daemons that they won't want to stop selling. They might bring it closer to their 40k equivalents though.

If so, I've really been considering nighthaunts:

They have that wispy Raiders of the Lost Ark box-dwellers look.

Or old-rear end OOP daemons if we get the big four.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Whelp maybe I won't try to track down :filez: to Deathguard up my guys. Maybe....these do look pretty drat good. Guess it depends on order time vs actually receiving them time frame

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
I can't imagine that FW will go too far from the current Ruinstorm template, at least not for the .pdf coming out later this year. Moving closer to the 40k Chaos Daemons style list will alienate all the players who have put work in to making armies that fit the current style but would be difficult to fold in to the 40k style. That said, I can see some of the Emanations and whatnot getting changes.

SkyeAuroline posted:

For the hobby side of things: the Esoterist lives, pending paint. Makes two characters for my IW now.

That model came together great! I'm becoming a big fan of the 'slanted Cataphractii plate' look on bigger models - I intend on doing something similar with some too-big VI legion bodies and just turning em into Varagyr.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

If I'm allowed to compound speculate, we'll probably see big four daemons in Solar War but HH1 daemon-alikes until then.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

SkyeAuroline posted:

For the hobby side of things: the Esoterist lives, pending paint. Makes two characters for my IW now.

Simple and effective conversion! Nice!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Two quick questions:

Were Indominus terminators always Troops or will they likely get FAQd to Elites?

Did I miss Rule of Three or is it really not in the Heresy rulebook?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
No rule of three

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Indominus terminators will likely remain troops

Rule of three is a 40k thing that's never existed in the heresy

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That's excellent news, thanks.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

And heck, double-post cross post:

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming the monthly on the noise marines kakophoni who are made of 30k, forgeworld, 40k chaos, AoS bits, and a few printed shoulderpads.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
They look excellent

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Thanks! I'm very proud of the Kakophoni and can't wait to make entirely too many more of them.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Horus Ascended, new resin model from FW

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Today's preview is... a fifth assassin type?

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Oh cool, I guess they’re like combat hackers?

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Gato The Elder posted:

Oh cool, I guess they’re like combat hackers?

They show up in some of the HH novels. Kind of interesting they get a model, since the book lore suggests they try to stay away from the shooting. They might kill someone by creating a teleportation accident or causing a ship to get lost in the warp. They don't often get their hands dirty.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

GreenMarine posted:

They show up in some of the HH novels. Kind of interesting they get a model, since the book lore suggests they try to stay away from the shooting. They might kill someone by creating a teleportation accident or causing a ship to get lost in the warp. They don't often get their hands dirty.

I could see that bring represented by some serious reserve penalties and risk for your opponent. "Sorry, my assassin sabotaged your teleportation array, roll a d6 for all of your teleporting models and then throw one against the wall for every 1 you roll!"

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Fantastic design in the whole 'this makes no sense but its rad anyway' way. How do we best represent a stealthy hacker?

SKULLS! CORSETRY! WEIRD CYLINDER HAT! Love it

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Why are different Primarchs more expensive than others? :psyduck:

Alpharius is £91, Horus is £79? Angron is £73.50, Magnus is £98???

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Will there be a bunch of new slaves to darkness stuff coming through with the book? I've hit the point where I just want to collect some sweet red chaos miniatures and will probably grab the start collecting because all the minis are sweet. Also for the khorne stuff is that book on the horizon with miniatures or just guesswork?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

For anyone considering them, my Tortuga Mk II came in. Some of them are, uh, a bit large. Wouldn't suggest mixing units. Still using them, I like the models, just fair warning in case anyone was looking at them with "hey, it's MkII that's not tiny" in mind. It's certainly not tiny.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Why are different Primarchs more expensive than others? :psyduck:

Alpharius is £91, Horus is £79? Angron is £73.50, Magnus is £98???

That is pretty much the release order. I'm sure they have all had price adjustments, but applied to all of them rather than equalizing.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Loomer posted:

Fantastic design in the whole 'this makes no sense but its rad anyway' way. How do we best represent a stealthy hacker?

SKULLS! CORSETRY! WEIRD CYLINDER HAT! Love it

You say that but I bet this is what they’d be wearing in the year 30,000 remake of famed 90s movie Hackers.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Robert Facepalmer posted:

That is pretty much the release order. I'm sure they have all had price adjustments, but applied to all of them rather than equalizing.

Depends what level of scenic base they come with as well.

Alpharius makes zero sense though.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

So can someone explain to me how exactly I should consider loading out Cataphractii? I haven’t actually played so I don’t know how much I should focus on worrying about mixing rapid fire/assault weapons. Like if I have some auto cannon and Combi bolters that squad can’t shoot and charge right? But then if I put in plasma blasters instead then does the rest of the squad need Volkite chargers? Also do the forgeworld Volkite charger kits fit Cataphractii arms?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Mr Teatime posted:

So can someone explain to me how exactly I should consider loading out Cataphractii? I haven’t actually played so I don’t know how much I should focus on worrying about mixing rapid fire/assault weapons. Like if I have some auto cannon and Combi bolters that squad can’t shoot and charge right? But then if I put in plasma blasters instead then does the rest of the squad need Volkite chargers? Also do the forgeworld Volkite charger kits fit Cataphractii arms?

Cataphractii are Relentless, so they completely ignore the "can't shoot and charge" from Rapid Fire/Heavy. You're safe to mix shooting types with them.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
The remaining heavy weapon upgrades will be available for pre order next week. There's also the deimos predator and some emperor's children stuff.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/04/sunday-preview-join-the-battle-for-middle-earth-with-next-weeks-pre-orders/

Lucinice fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 4, 2022

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
That just leaves the Land Raider, right?

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

SkyeAuroline posted:

Cataphractii are Relentless, so they completely ignore the "can't shoot and charge" from Rapid Fire/Heavy. You're safe to mix shooting types with them.

Oh neat. I had it in my head that relentless just meant moving and shooting heavy weapons.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Lucinice posted:

The remaining heavy weapon upgrades will be available for pre order next week. There's also the deimos predator and some emperor's children stuff.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/04/sunday-preview-join-the-battle-for-middle-earth-with-next-weeks-pre-orders/

Finally. Just in time for me to decide if I want to break up the (imo failed) first veteran prototype model and use that, and the other 9 bodies earmarked for vets, for AC havocs instead. feels bad that the vet looks bad after a month waiting for parts, but that's life I guess

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Does a unit like the gorechosen of dromm end up with aos rules, or could you just use the stick guy as a slaughter priest without it being too confusing

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

JBP posted:

Does a unit like the gorechosen of dromm end up with aos rules, or could you just use the stick guy as a slaughter priest without it being too confusing

It’s fine do whatever

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

TTerrible posted:

It’s fine do whatever

Do they have aos rules? I'm happy with do whatever, I am also wondering how it works with these models and whether they have their own aos rules usually.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

JBP posted:

Do they have aos rules? I'm happy with do whatever, I am also wondering how it works with these models and whether they have their own aos rules usually.

I think the Underworlds ones get they own AOS rules eventually. Maybe check in the AOS thread?

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus

JBP posted:

They do get AoS rules but they’re almost always either badly written/overpriced compared to a normal slaughterpriest/shaman/runefather/etc or they’re an ok hero variation that’s burdened by a tiny tax unit that will die quickly.

You’re usually better off just treating them as alternate sculpts, I guess in this case for two slaughterpriests and a blacksmith hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Just gunna keep on dakka. That's all you can do.