Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign
9) Gun Mute
10) A Plague Tale: Innocence

Not too bad at all! I'll probably play the sequel once it comes out, too. Albeit once it comes on sale anyway, as there's always a lot in my backlog that needs playing. The developers did a good job with the look and atmosphere of the game I think - same with the VAs too, like for Amicia and Hugo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Yakuza 5 (100%)

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Arrhythmia posted:

Yakuza 5 (100%)

Wow

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Arrhythmia posted:

Yakuza 5 (100%)

:eyepop:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

Yakuza 5 (100%)

👑

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Yakuza 5 (100%)

gently caress yeah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

QuackShot Starring Donald Duck

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Major Isoor posted:

Not too bad at all! I'll probably play the sequel once it comes out, too. Albeit once it comes on sale anyway, as there's always a lot in my backlog that needs playing. The developers did a good job with the look and atmosphere of the game I think - same with the VAs too, like for Amicia and Hugo.

It looks like it's coming to GamePass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

20. DOOM, E1-E3, Pistol start UVMax No Saves. Can feel how much I've levelled up my Doom skills since the start of this year, this was largely a breeze but drat these levels are so sick. Maybe I'll do E4 one day but not any time soon, I'm gonna be checking out these custom wads they let you download on the switch port.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

24. Quackshot

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

37) Quackshot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • HeDRoX (2005, 1 map for Doom II, UVMax). 4/5 ZDoom only wad that doesn't really do any weird zdoom stuff, but it is a really beautifully made space station level. not really mind blowing but giving it 4 stars bc it was a fun & tense level that was like 10 minutes long. and interestingly it had a different cadence than most combat wise, there was hectic traps in the middle but the last third had fewer and enemies and more ambiance until youre just clearing away some imps and pinkies to exit the station...very cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign
9) Gun Mute
11) Hotline Miami

Finished Hotline Miami again, for the first time in ten years according to Steam. Still blisteringly fast at times, with a great soundtrack!

I think I'll move onto Arkham Knight next, seeing as some of you recommended it during the last sale

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 5, 2022

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[37] Sega Ages I Love Mickey Mouse: Fushigi no Oshiro Daibouken (SAT) 9/5/22

Review:
Not a good game. The graphics I guess are okay for 1991 when it originally released. I played this as part of the sega saturn compilation of Castle of Illusion and Quackshot as part of game club. The music has maybe 2 or 3 good tracks. The bosses suck, the stages suck, the jumping feels floaty and bad, and the hit detection is way off. Not sure if the actual genesis version is better and I will never find out lol. Looking forward to Quack Shot, which seemed more fun when I tried it

3/10

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Slay the Spire (First heart kill, Ironclad, A1)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - All Hero Ascensions, Max Colony Affinity

Really great game. A bit dissatisfied with how the ending was handled but otherwise I loved it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Lunatic (5 levels for Doom II, 2011, UVMax pistol start w/ some saves.) 4/5. An awesome moon-themed action pack from Skillsaw. had to use saves on the final level since it was a massive slaughter arena but it was still really fun. blasting a final countdown MIDI as a rocket ship prepares for launch with a archvile in the pilot seat was cute lol. a finely tuned set of levels that are all hotstarts that basically never let up, 5-10 minute thrill rides. nobody does it like skillsaw.

In Training fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 5, 2022

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
14. Mothered, one of those lo-fi ps1 style horror games, demo was in the Haunted ps1 demo disc 2022, liked it so I tried the full game. Pretty interesting story, like how the unnaturalness and glitchiness of everything is deliberately used to make you feel uncomfortable and tense, pretty good.
15. Stray, the cat game, was chill but short, expected a little more, just a pretty little game with a cute cat.

EDF 6 coming inspired to continue playing EDF 5, which I never finished, playing with ranger is cool, but playing Fencer is like playing another game. Smashing all those red ants with my vulcan hammers and dashing around is pretty sweet.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

16. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (59% completion)

the game out of the original trilogy that i have the most nostalgia for by far, and i'm glad to finally beat it after almost like twenty years since i played the original last, albeit in the N-Sane Trilogy this time. preferred it over the first, even with the annoying jetpack levels. bosses were either piss-easy or annoying to hit for no real reason. overall tho, a fun time. onto Warped.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. I enjoyed it a lot, a few things felt like they could use some tuning which led to a lot of frustration at points (bosses with absurd physical evasion, enemy instant-kill moves felt like they connected too often) but new features like the front-line/back-line grid for battles and fusing demons into your weapons and things like that more than made up for it. I really liked a lot of the characters and the 90s cyberpunk vibe too. Looking forward to trying out the sequel and other SMT spin-offs sometime.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Mega Man 2 - Well, it's definitely easier than the first game with better music and graphics. It doesn't have a boss as cool as the Yellow Devil

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. I enjoyed it a lot, a few things felt like they could use some tuning which led to a lot of frustration at points (bosses with absurd physical evasion, enemy instant-kill moves felt like they connected too often) but new features like the front-line/back-line grid for battles and fusing demons into your weapons and things like that more than made up for it. I really liked a lot of the characters and the 90s cyberpunk vibe too. Looking forward to trying out the sequel and other SMT spin-offs sometime.

if you have a fast demon with reflect you can prevent damage from any boss lol. front and back lines is normal smt 1/2 mechanics. if you havent played those i highly recommend them over sh1. smt1 was the first smt i ever played and it gave me a mind virus that compelled me to play the rest last year

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

68) Mind Scanners

Papers Please but you do minigames instead of looking at documents. It's a perfectly adequate game but I think making it less grounded in reality makes it a lot less compelling. 7/10 or so.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

symbolic posted:

16. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (59% completion)

the game out of the original trilogy that i have the most nostalgia for by far, and i'm glad to finally beat it after almost like twenty years since i played the original last, albeit in the N-Sane Trilogy this time. preferred it over the first, even with the annoying jetpack levels. bosses were either piss-easy or annoying to hit for no real reason. overall tho, a fun time. onto Warped.

warped is such a step down... it could have been so good

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mbt posted:

if you have a fast demon with reflect you can prevent damage from any boss lol. front and back lines is normal smt 1/2 mechanics. if you havent played those i highly recommend them over sh1. smt1 was the first smt i ever played and it gave me a mind virus that compelled me to play the rest last year

Oh that’s cool, I figured that was what made it a spin-off. I’ve still got Strange Journey and the Devil Survivor games bought and installed on my 3DS so I’ll wait until I get through those but I’m sure I’ll try 1 and 2 at some point, I started the series with 3 last year

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Oh that’s cool, I figured that was what made it a spin-off. I’ve still got Strange Journey and the Devil Survivor games bought and installed on my 3DS so I’ll wait until I get through those but I’m sure I’ll try 1 and 2 at some point, I started the series with 3 last year

i was watching a 2 hour video on the smt series earlier today and its frankly scary how im able to parse this conversation now

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Putting the time trials from warped into 2 pretty much made 2 perfect

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

see compared to 2 i have a weirdly different sense of nostalgia for Warped where i played it so infrequently as a kid that it kind of stands out in my mind as more special than 2, if that makes sense? i doubt i'll like it better now but i am definitely eager to beat it and complete the trifecta.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Cleared EDF 4.1 on Normal with Ranger, that just leaves Fencer. Think I'm going to aim for clearing Hard too, but I'm not sure on which class

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Remnant (1 level for Doom II, 2019, HMP w/ lots of saves). 3.5/5. Absolutely gargantuan map, took me like 90 minutes to work my way through it all and still missed 70% of the secrets. really gorgeous hell castle level with a bunch of indoor&outdoor sections that flow pretty seamlessly, a clear goal early on that you have to hunt down two keys to open the imposing Final Boss Door, and a really satisying slaughterfest at the end before you get thrown into a unique final boss battle against some weird custom sprite job that throws like 4 enemy attack patterns at you at once. very cool experience, jsut knocking points off bc of the length really. theres probably some encounters you could trim and theres one really nasty one towards the ned with 2 cyberdemons in a small room with no other monsters to infight with that was kind of a pain. also its very stingy on health for such a battle heavy map.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • THE IMP ZONE (1 level for Doom, 1994, UVMax). 5/5. What can I say. The most incredible experience yuo could possibly have with custom doom levels in 1994. Thank you John A Warren, from Derby, England, for creating a bunch of featureless hallways, not marking half the doors needed to complete the level, assigning the final sector as a secret for some reason, and not marking the exit switch in any capacity. Countless gamers today salute your courage. Imp Zone Forever.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

8. WADs
  • THE IMP ZONE (1 level for Doom, 1994, UVMax). 5/5. What can I say. The most incredible experience yuo could possibly have with custom doom levels in 1994. Thank you John A Warren, from Derby, England, for creating a bunch of featureless hallways, not marking half the doors needed to complete the level, assigning the final sector as a secret for some reason, and not marking the exit switch in any capacity. Countless gamers today salute your courage. Imp Zone Forever.

yep. its imply the best wad of all time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

titanfall 2. great game

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

extremebuff posted:

titanfall 2. great game

Did you have issues getting the audio to work?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Final Fantasy V - Pixel Remaster
2. Monster Hunter Rise (first credits)
3. Elden Ring
4. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Hard Mode (all main missions)
5. Ghostwire: Tokyo - hard, all side missions, all yokai
6. Chrono Trigger - All Sidequests
7. Death Stranding
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge - 4p co-op (Michelangelo)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
10. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
11. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
12. Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
13. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Badass game. Played a translation of the Japanese version on my Steam Deck. I'm a baby that likes the Metroid Castlevanias more than the normal ones and I think this is the best one. More games need to have secret motion inputs you can start doing right after you start playing imo.

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 6, 2022

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

oh yeah - 19. quackshot (via sega ages i love mickey mouse blah blah for Saturn)

shared my thoughts in the game club thread. fun game, some half-baked ideas and bullshit pitfalls and enemy placements, but i still had a nice time with it. 6/10

20. the magical quest starring mickey mouse (SNES) - hard difficulty.

fun game, haven't played it since i was a young kid and don't think i ever beat it back then. the stages were all very easy but it was fun to explore them and look for secrets. the bosses were mostly fun but got really tedious toward the end. gently caress the flame boss, you have to hit it with a constant stream of water the entire time while jumping around moving platforms and dodging fireballs and it's a pain in the rear end.

the outfits / different abilities are a cool gameplay mechanic. i like that the sultan outfit basically just has mega man's buster as it's weapon lol. robin hood outfit has a bionic commando-like grappling hook, etc. cool stuff. overall this is a solid 16-bit Capcom platformer and i'm interested to try the sequels, which i didn't know existed until very recently. 6/10

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I read way too far into your Mickey review before I realized you weren’t actually talking about Castle of Illusion and that we did in fact play wildly different games.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. M.U.S.H.A.
2. Ion Fury
3. Thunder Force II
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Inscryption
6. Elden Ring
7. Gran Turismo 7
8. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
9. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
10. Deathloop
11. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
12. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
13. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
14. Dark Souls 3
15. Helltaker
16. Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 1 & 2
17. Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated
18. The Looker
19. Yakuza 5
20. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Got a bit distracted watching Shaw Bros movies so this took a bit of time, but what a satisfying final chapter for Kiryu's story. Probably gonna head right into Judgement, although I'm probably up soon for a Steam Deck and who knows at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

21. the great circus mystery starring mickey and minnie mouse (snes) - hard difficulty

more of the same compared to the first game, with some improvements. they streamlined the hud and there's a more arcade-style death mechanic where you respawn instantly in the spot where you died as opposed to starting the stage over, which is cool. the suits/abilities are different from the last game, with the climber suit being the most fun...the devs seemed to agree because almost every stage is built around it after you get it. overall this was actually easier than the first game, and shorter by 1 stage, but i had more fun playing it for sure.

gonna play the third game in the series and will probably play it as donald duck, because honestly who even actually likes mickey mouse?