Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A sausagebun with a butterhorn instead of a bun would be good, no?

It sure is making me hungry

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That's the wrong picture.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

3D Megadoodoo posted:

A sausagebun with a butterhorn instead of a bun would be good, no?

It sure is making me hungry

reported

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

I sometimes do a thought experiment in which I imagine a few different situations in which I'm hungry and I'm in the presence of food. Here's the catch: the food is either an animated burger, cake, ice cream sunday. Like its alive in a loose sense (doesn't breathe, eat, etc because it's a burger, cake and ice cream, come stop fooling around here) and its moving around and has self preservation. I pretty much have no problem hunting and eating them in any situation.

I try the same with baby bunnies, bear cubs, fawns, and I usually dont try to eat them. I think it has to do something with a primitive instinct when I see a baby furry animal I want to pet it instead of eating it.

None of this is scientific. I digress.

For your consideration:

this almost got me to close the thread and sit in the corner, away from the internet, i was so disgusted

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Strange Poon posted:

this almost got me to close the thread and sit in the corner, away from the internet, i was so disgusted

So weird to read this about someone else's post

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost: cute furry animals have evolved to not look like hot dogs. It's a survival trait.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

For your consideration:

Would absolutely eat this before any dog with corn as a topping or bananas. Actually looks interesting.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

pro starcraft loser posted:

Would absolutely eat this before any dog with corn as a topping or bananas. Actually looks interesting.

I think the big question is how the textures are on the dog and shrimp. there's some textural overlap there where biting both at once would probably be weird

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Eh, I'd give it a try for the novelty of course, but I think those are two tastes where I'd just rather have one or the other. Same reason I appreciate the hamdogger in theory but probably wouldn't enjoy eating it. I just want one of the things at a time!

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I think the big question is how the textures are on the dog and shrimp. there's some textural overlap there where biting both at once would probably be weird

Don't get me wrong, seafood is basically designed to be stuffed into other seafood. But I'd take some fried shimp on a hotdog over corn kernels on literally any dish outside a bowl of corn.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Srimp = gout.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

pro starcraft loser posted:

Don't get me wrong, seafood is basically designed to be stuffed into other seafood. But I'd take some fried shimp on a hotdog over corn kernels on literally any dish outside a bowl of corn.

How does this strike your fancy?

My favorite ingredient is the sugar
https://i.imgur.com/3fcaGT8.mp4

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

AARD VARKMAN posted:

The juxtaposition of living somewhere that grows a lot(?) of corn and seeing this video for the slam dunk on a conversation on if the US nuclear strikes against Japan were justified is really hard to juggle.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
what kind of pro starcraft guy are you if you can't tell that's Korean!!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

AARD VARKMAN posted:

what kind of pro starcraft guy are you if you can't tell that's Korean!!

The loser kind?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

AARD VARKMAN posted:

This is how I fear my friends think I eat as a vegetarian

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
My favourite ingredient is whatever gets squirted onto the bread. :stonk:

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

Futanari Damacy posted:

My favourite ingredient is whatever gets squirted onto the bread. :stonk:

Looks like condensed milk.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fat Dan posted:

Looks like condensed milk.

Korea was a mistake

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

So apparently fish cake hot dogs are a Philadelphia thing, or maybe more of an older Philly cuisine that a few places still have?

I'd definitely try one, but that's not a flavor combo that ever would've occurred to me on my own.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

So apparently fish cake hot dogs are a Philadelphia thing, or maybe more of an older Philly cuisine that a few places still have?

I'd definitely try one, but that's not a flavor combo that ever would've occurred to me on my own.

I don't know my goon. This seems like a bad combo to me but maybe it's 'Murican shumai...? That's a stretch. I would try it though.

Holy hell, this thread is pushing the limits or what I would have normally turned my nose up to without a second thought.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"This is a hot dog in Brazil, that one is specially big, is from Curitiba, is famous for being enormous, is almost 2kg (4.47 pounds)
BUT is a good representation of what goes on Brazilian hot dogs, mashed popatoes, tomatoes, corn, cheese…. Yeah
and I think that’s beautiful "
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rbu7uayI2m1wl5p0i.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Maybe they put an entire feast on top so you forget the dogs themselves are boiled and watery

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm the wet spoiled diaper it's served in

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Best part was that dude trying to eat it

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

loving lol

I thought it was going to be a twist in which we read its from Brazil so we assume it's just a giant pile of garbage but then it's really a giant hot dog like the size of a whole baloney.

Nope, just 5 pounds of poo poo piled into a legal-sized envelope.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

"This is a hot dog in Brazil, that one is specially big, is from Curitiba, is famous for being enormous, is almost 2kg (4.47 pounds)
BUT is a good representation of what goes on Brazilian hot dogs, mashed popatoes, tomatoes, corn, cheese…. Yeah

It's like Bizarro Cold Stone

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
finally a good hotdog:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but also: bad hot dogs
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r4j8y0amhS1xyjoqd.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I assume that Dr Wiggle's Weiner Wagon is too long to be an acceptable username, and I preemptively demand a forums update to accommodate it

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

ekuNNN posted:

$4 converted. That would be $30 here in the states. $60 in Vegas.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Yeah I only want skinless tender dogs

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

From the Waffleimages thread:

That's one burnt weiner and somehow that's the least offensive part of the dog.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

These "pigs in a blanket" are a staple in my house, AFAIK they only make the plain ones now. I like to sear a good quality wiener, then put aged cheddar down a cut in the middle before wrapping and baking. Serve with your fanciest mustards and sweet green relish. :yum:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

ekuNNN posted:

Best part is that there's only two normal sized hot dogs under that giant pile, and they aren't even split to cover more of the huge bun.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ah yes, an open-faced hot dog sandwich, also known as a hot dog :smuggo:

quote:

What in the holy gently caress is this? I can't even tell what the 'bun' is

quote:

Totally would. It's a chili dog with chili fries and onion rings. Unless I'm missing something here like there's a camel's dick in there someplace

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

From the Waffleimages thread:

That's one burnt weiner and somehow that's the least offensive part of the dog.

So what you're saying is, some goon thought at some point it was a good idea to post this abomination they made. Story checks out.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

What in the holy gently caress is this? I can't even tell what the 'bun' is

Wet.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Unless I'm missing something here like there's a camel's dick in there someplace

It’s actually a turned off monitor :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It’s actually a turned off monitor :xd:

you scamp!!!!