Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dallas Cowboys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

yea ok posted:

Dallas Cowboys

gently caress ‘em.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Clownball

gently caress the Cowboys

Smoke weed everyday

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
well at least we can agree on the cowboys

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

yea ok posted:

Dallas Cowboys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYP6SJyixBo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The season should have started already wtf

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

The season should have started already wtf

Just you wait

We'll all see what big surprises this division has in store for us

On 9/11

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
"Washington DC's" was right there and would lend itself to some cool lightning art and a decent logo. But maybe they figured the Chargers had those graphics cornered. And D.C. might evoke Dallas Cowboys. That lame "W" and the team name that took like 3 years to arrive at are pretty lame.

The whole once proud franchise is a joke.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BiggerBoat posted:

"Washington DC's" was right there and would lend itself to some cool lightning art and a decent logo. But maybe they figured the Chargers had those graphics cornered. And D.C. might evoke Dallas Cowboys. That lame "W" and the team name that took like 3 years to arrive at are pretty lame.

The whole once proud franchise is a joke.

The Washington Cicadas

Once every 17 years you notice them, they make a lot of noise, but then die off without having accomplished anything

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:yeah:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

It’s like calling a sail boat the “stone mountain”

That's a cool name for a boat though

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

As dumb as the Commanders name is, it's going to be much worse hearing announcers saying things like "Washington takes a Commanding lead!" one day if they're ever decent again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Imagine having the choice between saying the NFC East is filled with teams that are comically bad or that they engage in clownball, and thinking the latter is the worse option.

People keep talking clownball 10 years later because the division hasn't improved from it, ya dingdong.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This is not the division with the best teams in football but I will fight anyone who says it isn't the most entertaining.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

This is not the division with the best teams in football but I will fight anyone who says it isn't the most entertaining.

:hmmyes:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quiet Feet posted:

:patriot:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

:yeah:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNgKm_JDzVk

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I remember watching that live. it was a thing of beauty.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Matt Dodge :argh:

I can’t remember if it was earlier that season, or the next game, but the Giants fans clearly chanting “We want Feagles!” was great.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gotta respect his look tho, but a guy like him playing for a divisional rival always sucks rear end. I want him to play badly for you but to get paid lots because he deserves to take your money for TP.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Quiet Feet posted:

I remember watching that live. it was a thing of beauty.

I was loving THERE.

It sucked.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

davecrazy posted:

I was loving THERE.

It sucked.

huh weird because it sounds kinda awesome

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Gotta respect his look tho, but a guy like him playing for a divisional rival always sucks rear end. I want him to play badly for you but to get paid lots because he deserves to take your money for TP.

Rest assured

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he looks kinda small/thin (but handsome tbh). hope he doesnt get immediately injured

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

It gives me pleasure that the eagles fans have to see this

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

blarzgh posted:

I'm fine if he wants to take money from the Cowboys. I'd be more upset if Philly signed him at this point.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

blarzgh posted:

dude helped us win a super bowl and i will love him forever, but he is completely cooked and constantly injured and the only disappointment i get out of seeing him play for the cowboys is knowing it'd be better for his long-term health if he hung it up instead

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PHI @ DET - Eagles win
JAX @ WSH - Commanders win (feel free to laugh)
NYG @ TEN - Giants lose
TB @ DAL - gently caress the Cowboys, lol, they lose and this thread has a nice glorious meltdown. Shits gonna be so cash.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man posted:

JAX @ WSH - Commanders win (feel free to laugh)

It’d be funnier if Doug Pederson uses his knowledge (And maybe dislike?) of Carson Wentz to the Jags advantage and Wentz turns it over 5 times as Jacksonville pulls off a win and Dan Synder looks like an idiot.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fartknocker posted:

It’d be funnier if Doug Pederson uses his knowledge (And maybe dislike?) of Carson Wentz to the Jags advantage and Wentz turns it over 5 times as Jacksonville pulls off a win and Dan Synder looks like an idiot.

There's deffo gonna be that QB vs HC narrative and I hope the Jags stomp the poo poo out of them.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I am excited about FOOTBALL and it's only tuesday :(

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hope the Commander's somehow win off a Wentz 11/25 159 0/2 line

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is that 0/2 on throws to wide recovers ?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcKxEsmBbSs&t=118s

In the video, Chase Young blows up the read option on Hurts. (For those unawares, a read option is where the offense allows an unblocked lineman through, and the QB stalls the handoff long enough at whats called "the mesh point" to make the unblocked defender choose. Either he takes the runner - in which case the QB keeps the ball, or he takes the QB, in which case the QB hands off)

There are few answers to the read option, but Chase Young shows basically all of them on this play:

1) Be so goddamn fast, you hit the mesh point before the QB can make the read.
2) Correctly guess whether the QB will give or "pull" which is the concept language for the QB keep.
3) The Chase Young Special, which as far as I can tell is his own invention, of being so fast and athletic that he's able to take the line to the RB, but at the last second head-fake the QB into keeping, and redirecting towards the QB for the sack.

A few moments later in the video, Young and Hurts are talking,

Young: "I knew you was pulling"
Hurts: "Well you're athletic, so you can make that play"

Its the two of them discussing Young's deployment of options 1-3 here, with a knowing nod of resignation that he'll be seeing Young for another 90 snaps this coming season.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

fartknocker posted:

and Dan Synder looks like an idiot.

We need a new storyline, this one all is played out

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

blarzgh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcKxEsmBbSs&t=118s

In the video, Chase Young blows up the read option on Hurts. (For those unawares, a read option is where the offense allows an unblocked lineman through, and the QB stalls the handoff long enough at whats called "the mesh point" to make the unblocked defender choose. Either he takes the runner - in which case the QB keeps the ball, or he takes the QB, in which case the QB hands off)

There are few answers to the read option, but Chase Young shows basically all of them on this play:

1) Be so goddamn fast, you hit the mesh point before the QB can make the read.
2) Correctly guess whether the QB will give or "pull" which is the concept language for the QB keep.
3) The Chase Young Special, which as far as I can tell is his own invention, of being so fast and athletic that he's able to take the line to the RB, but at the last second head-fake the QB into keeping, and redirecting towards the QB for the sack.

A few moments later in the video, Young and Hurts are talking,

Young: "I knew you was pulling"
Hurts: "Well you're athletic, so you can make that play"

Its the two of them discussing Young's deployment of options 1-3 here, with a knowing nod of resignation that he'll be seeing Young for another 90 snaps this coming season.

Young will never come fully back from his knee injury and will crap out of the league in a few years. Washington fans are not allowed to enjoy transcendent talents that are cool and good on their team. Like Robert Griffin III, Chase Young must be sacrificed on the altar of Dan Snyder's enormous and unpayable karma debt.

This principle is long standing - it goes back to the original archetype: Sean Taylor.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

euphronius posted:

Commanders is a stupid rear end name

Washington Football Team was both classy and a great public display of defeat and shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The hype on the eagles is way too high now

I am getting worried . I might have to adjust my 15-2 prediction .