Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Professor Duck posted:

All of the PS1/PS2 King's Fields, both Shadow Tower games, and Eternal Ring, to be exact :v:

Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Been watching a bunch of Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts on YouTube (specifically on BrotherMunro’s channel) and have developed the insistent need for someone to do a narrative SSLP of Rule the Waves 2 as the United States, starting in 1900, because I crave that delicious patriotic 2D naval violence that only a game built for grognards can provide.

I would love to see someone do a long (1890-1950) campaign in UA:D, but it doesn’t have the US yet, nor does it have aircraft carriers, so that’s out.

TL;DR: I humbly suggest that someone please do a Rule the Waves 2 campaign (1900 start) as the USA, please.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Are there any decent Cultist Simulator playthroughs, in video, that explain and discuss what's going on as they play?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I would humbly request a LP of the DS point and click horror game, Theresia! The one LP I remember has been eaten by time.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Are there any decent Cultist Simulator playthroughs, in video, that explain and discuss what's going on as they play?

The only one I’m aware of on the site was my own, which was a screenshot LP, I’m afraid. I did try to make sure there was a fairly comprehensive explanation of the game’s mechanics as we encountered them, separating all that out into mechanics updates so that people who haven’t played could possibly follow along.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong (PC and all major modern consoles)

This is a really cool narrative adventure game set in the world of vampire the masquerade, you take on the role of three different vampires and play through their interweaved story.

The game's gameplay is.... let's just say... "meh". I think that's why the game was a bit of a flop.

However the story? The story seems amazing, making this a perfect game to enjoy via let's play. SSLP or video either would be fine. The cutscenes animation is imo not that pretty, and again the gameplay is a bit rudimentary, as a result an SSLP would probably be superior. I am desperate though and I'd settle for even a lazy video let's play.

None of the traditional let's players in the wider world that I follow decided to run through this game. I think the world is missing out though.

I've insulted the game's adventure game gameplay many times here, but, it's leaps and bounds more of an actual adventure game than something like the walking dead or other telltale games were.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Someone should do a fantasy football LP, go into the nitty-gritty and also invite LP people into a league and go into the details of just what fantasy football entails.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
There hasn't been a Mega Man fangame LP in quite a while, but there's a recent release that looks... actually pretty amazingly good, with some very unique additions to the old 8-bit Mega Man formula. So, requesting an LP of the fangame Mega Man: Rock N Roll.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Carpator Diei posted:

There hasn't been a Mega Man fangame LP in quite a while, but there's a recent release that looks... actually pretty amazingly good, with some very unique additions to the old 8-bit Mega Man formula. So, requesting an LP of the fangame Mega Man: Rock N Roll.

I certainly won't discourage anyone here from LPing it if they want to (game's pretty good, I've played this one), but if you're just looking for one to watch, Roahm Mythril did it on youtube a while back.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Explopyro posted:

I certainly won't discourage anyone here from LPing it if they want to (game's pretty good, I've played this one), but if you're just looking for one to watch, Roahm Mythril did it on youtube a while back.
Thanks, but to be honest, a partial reason for the request is that I kind of miss the fangames thread :v:

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Mega64 posted:

Someone should do a fantasy football LP, go into the nitty-gritty and also invite LP people into a league and go into the details of just what fantasy football entails.

I don't think I'd be the goon to do it, but I'd be up for that.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Carpator Diei posted:

Shinryu (or IIRC NeoShinryu on the forums) did a subtitled playthrough two years back. The videos are just loose, no playlist, but they're his most recent content to date.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Carpator Diei posted:

I can pretty much guarantee that I'll do this once Bloodborne is done because it looks amazing.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

I can pretty much guarantee that I'll do this once Bloodborne is done because it looks amazing.

Oh, wonderful :)

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Heimdall or Cadaver. I tried both games as a kid, but between being ESL and pretty young at the time, I could never figure them out. I'd be curious to see if I was missing out or what.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

PurpleXVI posted:

Heimdall or Cadaver. I tried both games as a kid, but between being ESL and pretty young at the time, I could never figure them out. I'd be curious to see if I was missing out or what.

I remember playing Cadaver on the Atari ST when I was a kid. I tried to play it numerous times but I never got very far. I'd be very happy if someone decided to take it * on.

Edit: *and the add-on/expansion

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 4, 2022

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Has anyone done anything with Vampire Survivors? I know it's not technically out yet but it would nice to chill and watch something with those Unregistered Hypercam 2 vibes

lookw
Oct 7, 2014
has anyone done a LP of Tunic on this site? its a zelda-esque game thats all about exploration and secrets. I recommend the game anyway.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'd like to put up a request for Warzone 2100, it's a very neat RTS.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'd also like to put Jagged Alliance 1 on the list, since it's a very good old game.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Are there any decent (ie not racism/fascism glorifying) IL-2 Great Battles LPs by goons out there? Been watching Wolfpack345’s Soviet playthrough and am wondering if someone here has already done one.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

HereticMIND posted:

Are there any decent (ie not racism/fascism glorifying) IL-2 Great Battles LPs by goons out there? Been watching Wolfpack345’s Soviet playthrough and am wondering if someone here has already done one.

There's Jobbo Fett's Soviet run from a few years back which is quite fun but incomplete. Or perfectly complete, depending on your take on what happened to the pilot.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I remember someone did a Subnautica LP that I really liked, so I'd like to see a Subnautica: Below Zero LP done in a similar fashion.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
I'm requesting a Langrisser I+II LP. I'm really, really grateful to Hrurmp and Secretly Best Girl for unintentionally recommending this game for me, since it does so many neat things with its multiple routes concept to utilize its characters, and with how complex the strategy gameplay can get. Plus being a TBS game, it'd help tie in with getting FE to take over the forums again alongside the Dark Deity and Project Ember runs.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Delphisage posted:

I'm requesting a Langrisser I+II LP. I'm really, really grateful to Hrurmp and Secretly Best Girl for unintentionally recommending this game for me, since it does so many neat things with its multiple routes concept to utilize its characters, and with how complex the strategy gameplay can get. Plus being a TBS game, it'd help tie in with getting FE to take over the forums again alongside the Dark Deity and Project Ember runs.

Seconded. Langrisser is fun as Growlanser's Dad. It's also hilarious how half of the things FE16 added were just ripped wholesale from the series.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

MythosDragon posted:

It's also hilarious how half of the things FE16 added were just ripped wholesale from the series.

I dunno, there's a lot of it that reads more like Kaga fanboys at KT taking all the best parts of FEs 3, 4 and 5 and inserting that into the game because IS is too busy writing waifus.

It's why I've wanted a new FE3 LP as well: so I could pinpoint the stuff that got cannibalized for 16. I'm not reccing that, though, since I doubt there's enough interest for it.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 4, 2022

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

kaga is fail, but his games are neat

someone should lp switch fe1 that got deleted off the eshop after like 5 months, if not then uhhh idk, smt soul hackers or shin megami tensei 4 would be cool too

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Delphisage posted:

I dunno, there's a lot of it that reads more like Kaga fanboys at KT taking all the best parts of FEs 3, 4 and 5 and inserting that into the game because IS is too busy writing waifus.

It's why I've wanted a new FE3 LP as well: so I could pinpoint the stuff that got cannibalized for 16. I'm not reccing that, though, since I doubt there's enough interest for it.

I'm mostly talking about mercenaries and just FE's sudden shift into country based routes, which while in 14, was technically only a single game with 16, which was what mainly separated the 2 series when Langrisser and FE coexisted.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Delphisage posted:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I've never watched any Breaking Bad, so I'm extremely curious if there's an in-universe reason that the beard guy has the size sticker still on his shirt.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

yes

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

I've never watched any Breaking Bad, so I'm extremely curious if there's an in-universe reason that the beard guy has the size sticker still on his shirt.

Walter White is, at the exact same time, the most dangerous motherfucker on the planet, AND an absolute dribbling goober who can't get out of his own way.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

???

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

The line uttered at this point in the show is "Jesse, what the gently caress are you talking about?"

The meme is editing in Jesse ranting out some extremely inside baseball poo poo completely opaque to anyone not rear end-deep in a particular hobby or fandom, and then Walter going: "Jesse, what the gently caress are you talking about?" like in the original.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

PurpleXVI posted:

The line uttered at this point in the show is "Jesse, what the gently caress are you talking about?"

The meme is editing in Jesse ranting out some extremely inside baseball poo poo completely opaque to anyone not rear end-deep in a particular hobby or fandom, and then Walter going: "Jesse, what the gently caress are you talking about?" like in the original.

I don't see what's supposed to be opaque about calling Fire Emblem games by their numbering.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

You mean the numbering that they don't, and have never, used on the packaging and is entirely invented by fans? Nothing opaque about that, no. You certainly wouldn't need an intimate knowledge of a series where a good half of the games have never been officially translated into English in order to understand that FE16 is the most recent game in the series.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Alright, guess I'm proven wrong. I'll translate into non-fan:

FE3 means Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem. It's the third Fire Emblem installment - a Japan-exclusive SNES game that both remakes the first Fire Emblem game and adds a sequel campaign to play through. FE4 means Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - the fourth Fire Emblem installment - and FE5 means Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 - the fifth Fire Emblem installment. Both of them are also Japan-exclusive SNES games. FE16 means Fire Emblem: Three Houses for the Nintendo Switch, seen as the sixteenth Fire Emblem installment.
I tend to prefer the numerated abbreviations less because they're shorter, but because I find certain installments's subtitles to be obnoxiously lame.

Kaga refers to Shouzou Kaga, the director on the Japan-exclusive first five Fire Emblem games who left afterwards to make really weird spinoffs like Tearring Saga.

IS refers to Intelligent Systems, the branch Nintendo developer that makes Fire Emblem. KT refers to Koei-Tecmo, the company that Intelligent Systems outsourced to and/or jointly worked with to develop Three Houses.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 5, 2022

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i tend to use numbers myself but its def easier to parse if u use the names with people who don't know

otoh, kaga was Fail

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Delphisage posted:

I don't see what's supposed to be opaque about calling Fire Emblem games by their numbering.

okay so, i've been around long enough to know exactly what FE4, FE16, FE9, etc refer to, to know intsys and KT split the labor when making 3H, and to also know very well who kaga is (and as you might have noticed, you have been posting in the one FE community on the internet where people by and large do not pine for shouzou kaga as their white whale that they lost and can never get back).

quote:

there's a lot of it that reads more like Kaga fanboys at KT taking all the best parts of FEs 3, 4 and 5 and inserting that into the game because IS is too busy writing waifus.

this was just a really goddamn weird thing to post to the point i literally made the "jesse, what the gently caress are you talking about" face when it wafted across my screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!