Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

gonna try fiddling around with emulators a bit more but might just give up and try to beat the game like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
please play the genesis version in a genesis emulator instead of whatever raspberry pi running freebsd you are trapped on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

copy posted:

gonna try fiddling around with emulators a bit more but might just give up and try to beat the game like this

Mickey's Zed Ex Spectrum of Illusion

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Fun little game, I've definitely seen people over the years refer to it as some all time classic platformer which I really don't get. It was fine, I miss these little one-hour platformers, but wasn't anything amazing and had some really annoying sections.

it was a pre sonic genesis platformer so i imagine some lucky kids had just this and alex kidd

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Can't wait for Kid chameleon week

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

kid chameleon is ftw

copy
Jul 26, 2007

ok tried some other stuff and this is much more what i remember this game looking like as a kid now

copy
Jul 26, 2007

elf help book posted:

kid chameleon is ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

drat QuackShot is cool

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I spent 5 minutes trying to get to a secret on the first level of mickey and it was just a bag of apples.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

I spent 5 minutes trying to get to a secret on the first level of mickey and it was just a bag of apples.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

how do you like them apples? :grin: :imunfunny:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

drat QuackShot is cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

drat QuackShot is cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

: Beat Quackshot (Saturn or Genesis)
: Beat both games on the Sega Saturn

QuackShot owned, going back and forth finding different items was cool and dare I say... Metroidvania-like??? The last boss was a piece of cake though especially compared to Pete who was kind of a pain.

Saturn emulation worked pretty well on both games despite some hitching here and there, BizHawk ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lol

: Beat Quackshot (Saturn or Genesis)

Quackshot was really fun, ended up playing both games today and had intended to just start Quackshot up. Still had some frustrating parts with floaty controls, the invisible platforms bridge just before the final boss was miserable. Both games totally fine on Mednafen so that was an easily Platinum lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

: Beat Quackshot (Saturn)
: Beat both games on the Sega Saturn (sickest badge yet, chomp that sea salt ice cream)

much, much better than castle of illusion. actually pretty fun to play, and donald duck >>>>>>> mickey mouse

The overall structure was interesting, but yeah I really could have used more Raging Donald

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

tmfc posted:

i made a ZIP file with everything needed + instructions on how to get this to run in mednafen and SSF. basically just unzip then click and drag the .CUE file onto the shortcut labeled EMULATOR 1 (for mednafen) or EMULATOR 2 (for SSF)

https://tmfc.link/media/IZGC_SegaAges_WorksOnMyMachine.zip

make sure to plug in your controller first (if you use one) before launching the emulator. you can bind key mappings in mednafen by pressing ALT + SHIFT+1 while the game is running. SSF is more straightforward to configure.

i didn't bother messing w/retroarch on my PC since i've got it on my anbernic and it's kinda idiot-proofed on that thing.

have fun!

I'm going to do this tonight and beat both games on saturn because I want the trophies, hope it works, god bless

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

I'm going to do this tonight and beat both games on saturn because I want the trophies, hope it works, god bless

It worked nearly perfectly for me, i played for a few hours yesterday with no issues except a single crash out of nowhere that hasn’t happened again. Thanks, tmfc!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

dont use the shortcuts i provided in the ZIP file lol just open SSF.exe and then open the .CUE file, or if you wanna use mednafen then literally just drag the .CUE file onto mednafen.exe

been working great on my lovely laptop and i'm like 3/4 through quackshot

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

tmfc posted:

dont use the shortcuts i provided in the ZIP file lol just open SSF.exe and then open the .CUE file, or if you wanna use mednafen then literally just drag the .CUE file onto mednafen.exe

you are lucky you said this because I was about to talk to the mods and admins to have you permabanned

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

tmfc posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BROKE: Jokerfication
WOKE: Disneyfication

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
would pay upwards of 5 dollars for donald dancing like arremar lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao at all the avs

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

: Beat Quackshot (Saturn)

this game was cool as hell, much better than castle of illusion. i liked flying around all the different stages to find the items. a bit tougher than castle of illusion but nothing was too crazy. lots of pitfall deaths. not as many cheap enemy placements as castle of illusion, when i got hit in this game it felt more like my fault compared to that game. managed to cheese most of the pete fight by staying toward the upper-left corner, and the final boss was a breeze. really great graphics and gameplay, nice varied level design. controls could have been a little tighter maybe and the enemy types/patterns got a bit repetitive i guess. good genesis game.

tmfc posted:

trophies

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

BROKE: Jokerfication
WOKE: Disneyfication

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

anyone that played on a saturn emulator and not a real saturn should be permbanned for stolen valour

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

would pay upwards of 5 dollars for donald dancing like arremar lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

LMFAO god, okay well now I have to buy it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao god

elf help book