Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Here in WI I've never seen a house or apartment without AC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

legs very hot next to the trans tunnel today

E: MODS DON'T loving PROBE ME FOR ANOTHER CAR JARGON WORD YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND AND THINK IS A SLUR AGAIN PLS AND THANKS

hot cocoa on the couch fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 19, 2022

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Kaddish posted:

What the cow/sheep ratio in Ireland though.

I'm not entirely sure but...

We are the fifth largest exporter of beef in the world and the farmer at the debate talked about how we have the best conditions on the planet for producing dairy - especially important now that the garden of Europe (Ukraine) is at war. If you live out in the countryside like I do there are more sheep than people. We don't eat a lot of it - most of it gets exported to France.

I've tried to buy mutton at the butchers but I might as well have asked for dodo fillets. If you do see lamb for sale in the shops it likely came from New Zealand - don't ask me to explain that because I can't.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Reported for bigotry.
:)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I heard most cows in Ireland are grass fed which is pretty cool.

Wisconsin is "The Dairy State" or "America's Dairyland." We are the 4th largest producer of cheese in the world. Margarine was banned here for 72 years lol.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
It's been a very long time since we kept cows but most feed on grass and get supplements like flaked barley - looks like this.

It's been over 20 years since I've seen micronized flaked maize but I'm sure some people still use it. It's been a long time since I've seen a salt lick too. My dad was lucky, he kept cows as a sort of hobby. He then got too busy managing the family buisiness so he had them all butchered just a year before the BSE (mad cow disease) crisis hit England.

Im in the north. It was kind of funny seeing loyalist farmers always claiming their beef was 100% British before that and then suddenly "NONONO, 100% Irish!!!"

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Mmm, barley. Makes bread, beer, soup, toast spread, barley wine, animal feed. What a great little thing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Raw barely is actually kinda tasty. A little sweet.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

E: MODS DON'T loving PROBE ME FOR ANOTHER CAR JARGON WORD YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND AND THINK IS A SLUR AGAIN PLS AND THANKS

Much like a solar flare snap, I am so tempted

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Every house near built in the just 40 years has a central ac unless it just couldn't be afforded and you wouldn't want to buy one.

It's usual hell in the summer but we're up from 95 on summer days to 100-106 for the second week and it's expected to continue for another.

I went to school with no ac and it was regularly 90 inside in the spring. Now every school has been retrofitted with AC so the kids can function... For like 25 years now.

I can't imagine how it must be in Europe to just be hit by this casually out of no were.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Much like a solar flare snap, I am so tempted

:mad:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll, okay.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I got a whole house fan, and I can't stop talking about it. I just open the windows and turn it on high right when it cools down, and it sucks all the cool air in and blows the hot air out of the attic. I can leave it on low all night long, and it feels like a constant cool breeze in any room with an open window. It also cools everything down a lot more in the morning, so my AC doesn't have to work as hard in the afternoon.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Rad-daddio posted:

I got a whole house fan, and I can't stop talking about it. I just open the windows and turn it on high right when it cools down, and it sucks all the cool air in and blows the hot air out of the attic. I can leave it on low all night long, and it feels like a constant cool breeze in any room with an open window. It also cools everything down a lot more in the morning, so my AC doesn't have to work as hard in the afternoon.

Had an attic fan growing up and they are loving amazing. My current house isn't really compatible though without some serious construction and removal of insulation in the "attic".

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On Wednesday our AC clocked 12 hours running and we still got a lil Nest leaf for saving energy lol

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
I wish it was a little hotter.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fell Mood posted:

I wish it was a little hotter.

Quiet you!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Another 75 and sunny with a breeze day.

Just live next to the ocean idiots. :haibrower:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

I do live next to the ocean and the weather was so warm and dry on Sunday that it felt like God took the mask off and poured all his hate down on the world. Now I understand why people who live in Arizona are so psychotic.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zybourne Clock posted:

at that temperature you could crawl up an elephant's butt and it would be cooler inside there

just something to think about

got an idea for a new startup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Vbz_OyNXI

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chinatown posted:

Let us know how that’s going in a few years

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

back to beautiful weather. got nervous for a min there

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Let us know how that’s going in a few years

will do. probably will be just fine. my place is about 300 feet above sea level =]

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

living in a low lying river valley in glacier country in the middle of a big cozy tectonic plate ftw

itry
Aug 23, 2019

crossposting from the friday forum

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Gonna be 110+ again today but my office is a balmy 69 :coolfish:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
my mom's boyfriend is in the hospital for heat stroke because the workshop thermometer was at 120 degrees and all they gave him was 2 shop fans

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Supposed to hit 96 today, gonna be a hot one out there today wow

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

huh? it's mid august. temps are normal again.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
you know it's hot as gently caress when 99 with a little cloud cover and a breeze is refreshing

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Only supposed to go up to 108 today

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

????

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lol where u live Antarctica???? :roflolmao:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
i miss 10 degrees celsius

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Valko posted:

Crossposting this from the UK politics thread in C-Spam.

You can see this man get redder over the two minutes of the video :lol:

Chinatown posted:

Do you really want me as a neighbor? :colbert:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
80F/27C :coal:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

turning on my ac for some reason at the beginning of september