Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Conrad_Birdie posted:

If he’s for real gone I’ll miss him. I’m a big Malakai fan even though I don’t think he’s ever really gotten his due in AEW. The pops he was getting against Cody were ridiculous. HoB maybe took too long to come together and then has been hosed up due to injuries and COVID.

I hope he’s happy wherever he goes and whatever he does.

If he's gone then TK's message about the roster being stronger can be filed as another example of being extremely petty and weird.

I'll choose to believe he's just taking some time off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

RandolphCarter posted:

I thought they already worked this out, and Malakai was just taking time off

Oh really. That's cool.

Honestly they should do like a revolving seasonal roster or something to get people more rest for 1-2 months or something

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

whoa

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wowzer.

Wonder if Dave will punk out and go 4.75.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Mox pins Punk, gets on the mic and says,"Punk said I'd have to fight all of Chicago. All right, line up, I'm not going anywhere!" and the PPV continues for a month straight until he has defeated every man, woman and child in the city.

WHERES THAT TEACHER OF THE YEAR HE WAS YAPPIN ABOUT?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Stall_19 posted:

How could anyone root for Punk over this guy?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Chicago like mox. Sorry punk your home city has abandoned you. I’m sure there’s a city in like Indiana or something that would a new hero

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Mox pins Punk, gets on the mic and says,"Punk said I'd have to fight all of Chicago. All right, line up, I'm not going anywhere!" and the PPV continues for a month straight until he has defeated every man, woman and child in the city.

I don’t know if even Mox is powerful enough to defeat the elder itch abomination that is Lori Lightfoot.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

There was a little bit in his promo that felt like it hinted to it, playing off of the lyrics of the song

I guess. But it only made sense for the mjf match because that was all about the past

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

rotinaj posted:

I am on the fite feed

Is the crowd muted for anyone else at a lot of weird times, with lots of odd crowd noise getting through when the crowd is quiet? Like, people being weirdly closer to the mikes than sounds natural?

The pops are good most of the time, so it's not that the whole arena is acoustically hosed

The ring mics are loud and probably picking up the front rows

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mox is 400 times cooler than Punk

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Mox should fuckin win

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DeepDickPizza posted:

I had to work, so couldn't catch the show. Was thinking about getting a replay but it sounds pretty mediocre. They did a loving Retribution with Stokely? Turrible.

the outfits were mid, I haven't seen a mystery invasion force outfit with good outfits since 1996

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wild guy. you ate my french fry

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

DeepDickPizza posted:

I had to work, so couldn't catch the show. Was thinking about getting a replay but it sounds pretty mediocre. They did a loving Retribution with Stokely? Turrible.

Its not mediocre at all. People just dont like some of the results

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Shinjobi posted:

If he's gone then TK's message about the roster being stronger can be filed as another example of being extremely petty and weird.

I think it was probably more about basically everyone (except Rosa) being healthy again and MJF probably being back

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
this could be so ugly and awesome, Tony is such a loving sicko i love him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Derek Joists posted:

If you didn't love this match you're a cop.

:lol:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I feel like blowing a kiss to the crowd and pulling a curtain call-lite with your stable mates is probably a sign of more than a break.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Seams posted:

Chicago like mox. Sorry punk your home city has abandoned you. I’m sure there’s a city in like Indiana or something that would a new hero

Do not send that dweeb to Bloomington

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DeepDickPizza posted:

The Trios and Tag title matches are worth the price of admission all on their own

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
team punk :colbert:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

The ring mics are loud and probably picking up the front rows

That's gotta be it, I think they were picking up brandon and maybe rebel earlier

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hard to argue. Match of the night and solidly so.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Crying Man Punk

😢

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Punk wearing the worlds first long Diaper

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

There was a little bit in his promo that felt like it hinted to it, playing off of the lyrics of the song

I dont remember punk saying in an impossibly whiny voice "nothing from nowhere i'm no-one at all" ?? :confused:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Mox should fuckin win

He's so good

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Let's loving go!!!!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Chick Magnet Punk

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Mixed reaction for punk in Chicago?!?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Am I hearing boos for Punk?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Henderson sucks!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

Wowzer.

Wonder if Dave will punk out and go 4.75.

He should go 5+ and it's not even a debate

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

RandolphCarter posted:

I guess. But it only made sense for the mjf match because that was all about the past

Yeah, I get that. I just like AFI a bunch. Also wasn’t sure if they’d just make the AFI entrance his general big match entrance.

Anyway, let’s go Mox!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shinjobi posted:

Hard to argue. Match of the night and solidly so.

can't decide between it and Kingston/Ishii

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

your friend wicka posted:

Mox is 400 times cooler than Punk

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Am I hearing boos for Punk?

they're saying w00000t

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Sisal Two-Step posted:

nobody gettin booed this match lmao

say that again lmao