Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The Bee posted:

Loving MJF's return as everyone's favorite Sonic character, The Devil From Christianity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I thuroughly enjoyed that ending

MJF MJF!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

smarxist posted:

what a loving pape

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Full Gear is in Jersey which is kind of close to long island

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

malakai left because he didn't want to be in a big corporate ministry stable with stokley and the devil and didn't want to be a huge babyface with the 100% satanist aew fanbase

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Glad I was awake to see it all. Good poo poo.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

StarkRavingMad posted:

That voicemail reveal was fuckin awesome

Obviously worked but yeah that was cool

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Goddammit this means the scrum is gonna be Tony in kayfabe which is super annoying

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
my boy is back, wrestling is good again. pape was 2/5, now elevated to a 4/5 just like that. easy money

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

WE'RE OUTTA TIME SEE YOU ON DYNAMITE

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I kind of wanted them to join forces

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Are you guys watching the same stream I was? The MJF pop was not louder than CM Punk's

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

another great show. GREAT main event. very happy with the way i spent 5 hours.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
gonna make a dumb post complaining about the pape building to the TV show and everything not being wrapped up in a neat little package, like i always do after every AEW pape.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Was MJF really getting cheered, in Chicago, while staring down Punk? Or was I hallucinating?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
ITS POST SHOW TIME

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I didn't know if they were going to do this feud for the title or if Punk was going to sell out and have MJF run interference for him.
Now I guess the question is: They just did this feud so why run it back so quickly unless MJF is going to win? Or, or unless Punk is going to turn heel and this is his last hurrah as a face champ?

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
I MARKED OR BIT OR WHATEVER

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

I'm ready for a hot load of scrum.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
MJF will save us all

now to actually watch the PPV tomorrow

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

yea ok posted:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
did not watch all out 2020, so this was the weakest aew ppv i've seen, still good tho

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
So good, so good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Still can't get over the perfection of that match ending: Mox collapsing onto Punk's back and the patience to let the moment sink in for the crowd before he hoisted him up for one last GTS :kiss:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
did not care for the show but loved how it closed out. basically the opposite of clash at the castle

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I was kind of hoping MJF would keep Sympathy for the Devil as his new theme similar to Punk getting Cult of Personality when he came back against Cena.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That ending was an all timer. Great show, but now the real show begins

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
imagine how pissed tony would have to roleplay as if MJF had just fuckin' done it and won the title

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
MJF beats punk for the title. Eddie vs mjf feud pls

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013
The Acclaimed should have won.

5 star show regardless.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Penguin Patrol posted:

good poo poo, i wanted a little more out of that ending though
Yeah, I was kinda expecting the lights to come on with Stokely's goons having Punk pinned down and then MJF reveals.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I told you all from day one, Punk was always winning

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Can’t wait to be at dynamite on Wednesday hell yeah

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cavauro posted:

malakai left because he didn't want to be in a big corporate ministry stable with stokley and the devil and didn't want to be a huge babyface with the 100% satanist aew fanbase

lol, trying to do transgressive pagan sicko poo poo and the crowd is just like "gently caress yeah this rules!"

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I kind of wanted them to join forces

That's for 2024.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

had a wonderful time watching the pape :) now wheres the scrum at?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

Obviously worked but yeah that was cool

if it was worked then why would they need to bleep out anything?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

It was a lot of fun posting with you and my friends. Have a great night folks. AEW WINS AGAIN

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

I didn't know if they were going to do this feud for the title or if Punk was going to sell out and have MJF run interference for him.
Now I guess the question is: They just did this feud so why run it back so quickly unless MJF is going to win? Or, or unless Punk is going to turn heel and this is his last hurrah as a face champ?

i know the passage of time has felt weird over the last few years but that feud was blown off in March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Zombie Lemur posted:

I was kind of hoping MJF would keep Sympathy for the Devil as his new theme similar to Punk getting Cult of Personality when he came back against Cena.

way too expensive