Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
that scrum second wind is hitting me, let's loving gooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I definitely forget that AEW only has 4 ppvs a year and more times than not will use a ppv to further a story for dynamite than LETTING MY FAV WIN

Tony, you coward. Let Hayter win :hayter:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i'm willing to admit i'm a moxailure and i was wrong about cm punk to heal the divide caused by this main event

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I.
loving.
Loved.
The.
Ending.
Angle.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NienNunb posted:

I told you all from day one, Punk was always winning

Wait a loving minute

Have I been WORKED?!?!?!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Are you guys watching the same stream I was? The MJF pop was not louder than CM Punk's

When someone else talks about the crowd too loud or dead the best thing is to just ignore it because everyone is wrong about it except yourself.
I know I'm breaking my own rule here but it seems you didn't know that yet.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

anyone else have any opinions on that show? think i might post about it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Bee posted:

Loving MJF's return as everyone's favorite Sonic character, The Devil From Christianity.

Heeeeeeeeeeey Shadow

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

little munchkin posted:

if it was worked then why would they need to bleep out anything?

Agreed. That was a shoot voicemail

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, I was kinda expecting the lights to come on with Stokely's goons having Punk pinned down and then MJF reveals.

After everything else tonight they had to send the crowd home happy.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What a pape

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/StokelyHathaway/status/1566636317055885312

(If you don’t click through for the full picture, that’s a tweet Max made and then deleted back in April)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

kidcoelacanth posted:

anyone else have any opinions on that show? think i might post about it

big fan

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Also MJF as a character is not nearly cool enough for Sympathy, or to be called the devil for that matter. So I'm glad he's back to his farty theme

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Almost no one I wanted to win did, but I still really enjoyed that PPV.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
excellent pape, everyone tried hard and had fun, but there were some bad finishes

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kirios posted:

I.
loving.
Loved.
The.
Ending.
Angle.

i honestly loved every stupid loving angle on the show, MJF looks legendary right now and it's the perfect time to build him to his first mega heel reign

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Man, what a loving show. Acclaimed were the big stars tonight, no doubt.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DWjfPaYW2M

18 MINS TO THE SCRUMMMMMMM

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

flatluigi posted:

way too expensive

Haha, yeah probably.

Going to start a rumor that it cost more than Bobby Fish and that's why he was let go.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I forget who is in Stoke and MJFs crew. rear end Boys, Ethan, Big Cass?

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

Now I guess the question is: They just did this feud so why run it back so quickly unless MJF is going to win? Or, or unless Punk is going to turn heel and this is his last hurrah as a face champ?

MJF wins because, and I’m not just being a snotball, Punk is too fragile to hold the belt for an extended run. It’s good for him to be in the mix but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him shift over to a trios run with FTR.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Acclaimed should have won, but that is my only major gripe.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

I forget who is in Stoke and MJFs crew. rear end Boys, Ethan, Big Cass?

and Lee Moriarty

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

never watched a scrum and wont start now. the booker isn't the main character.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’m glad they didn’t draw out the obvious thing with max being the mystery guy until Wednesday

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
a lot of people convinced themselves there was something more to this punk story than there was

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Zombie Lemur posted:

Haha, yeah probably.

Going to start a rumor that it cost more than Bobby Fish and that's why he was let go.

Fish is 2 years older than Punk and thought he was a main eventer lmao

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

ChrisBTY posted:

I didn't know if they were going to do this feud for the title or if Punk was going to sell out and have MJF run interference for him.
Now I guess the question is: They just did this feud so why run it back so quickly unless MJF is going to win? Or, or unless Punk is going to turn heel and this is his last hurrah as a face champ?

MJF is gonna win and be the worst little prick champ for a year

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Alaois posted:

and Lee Moriarty

Oh well that is cool. Lee MJF and Ethan is a great little group.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Acclaimed MOTN make them the next champs coward Tony

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Punk is going to beat MJF in Long Island as payback for MJF beating Punk in Chicago.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The only thing I really didn’t like was the Starks-Hobbs booking. Doesn’t make sense unless Starks is hurt or leaving.

Acclaimed should’ve won but that reaction was on a level that I don’t really know anyone anticipated going into the match, so I get it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Probably the weakest AEW shows of the year for me but still real good. Like three motyc across main show and Zero Hour and 2 hm. The only booking I thought was had was the Jade win

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RealityWarCriminal posted:

never watched a scrum and wont start now. the booker isn't the main character.

They also have the wrestlers on to answer questions, Tony usually just goes last on his own and starts rambling incoherently for a couple hours

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the tag title match, main event, and post-main production were all-time stuff. the trios title match roared like a lion. the show was excellent. rock over london, rock on chicago

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Majinfoose posted:

Athena should have won, but that is my only major gripe.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

i hope malakai is simply taking time off to practice occult rituals and doesnt end up in the fed

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
MJF may now consider himself the 'Prince of Darkness', but there is only one 'Prince of Pape.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Great show overall, great matches and moments, but a few too many wrong winners and it could’ve been trimmed. 4.25*