Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

smarxist posted:

i feel like Cabana had his time in AEW, Punk came in and Cabana is getting migrated to other parts of the company because of their history, he wasn't fired or embarrassed or run down or anything, and Hanger was stupid to reference it, and i'm team punk on this tbqh

I'm sorry old man Punk and his feelings were hurt by a little baby pipebomb

Eddie apologized for his reacting to poo poo, would we ever see the same from Punk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hey don't ask next time.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

knew that corncob hangman 'workers rights' promo would start some poo poo lol

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
These mics making Punk sound like the Undertaker.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The mic mix making Punk's voice so much deeper makes this even funnier. Tony's voice is less funny too deep.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

the mics are making this even more surreal

He sounds like his batteries are slowly running down

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

smarxist posted:

i feel like Cabana had his time in AEW, Punk came in and Cabana is getting migrated to other parts of the company because of their history, he wasn't fired or embarrassed or run down or anything, and Hanger was stupid to reference it, and i'm team punk on this tbqh

Given that I only know more or less what's been reported, Punk comes off 100% like an rear end in a top hat in this whole Colt Cabana business and if Hanger if boys with Colt then why shouldn't he be pissed about Punk showing up?

Of course it's wrasslin so who knows

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Mother gently caress punk is so goddamn grumpy

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Ganso Bomb posted:

What EVP had said any poo poo about Colt and Punk? That’s the most befuddling part of this whole tirade for me.

Considering how Colt was constantly on BTE…pretty easy to see the connection there

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Ganso Bomb posted:

What the gently caress is he going on about with the EVPs?

Colt Cabana more or less taught the people known as EVP's (the bucks, kenny, others) how to make money wrestling on the indie circuit with merch and podcasts and such and it's not entirely out of line to think that AEW wouldn't exist without him lending a wealth of real world knowledge to the EVP's. He's very well liked behind the scenes at AEW (from what we have heard about things behind the scenes). Punk and Cabana have a bunch of history together its a whole other story, the ending of it is Punk hates Cabanas guts and wants him dead (because Cabana was right and Punk won't admit it) and when Punk arrived in AEW, it's no coincidence that all of a sudden Cabana stopped being seen around anywhere. Apparently when Kenny made his return there was a bunch of backstage poo poo with the EVP's sticking up for Colt and Hangman made a dig about it in one of his promos against Punk so naturally Punk is pissing himself mad about it to whoever will listen.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

This is surreal

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Holy poo poo Punk :laffo:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm not watching the scrum, what's happening?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
https://itrwrestling.com/news/adam-page-i-dont-take-advice/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Punk is referencing this

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This would be much better on Dynamite instead of a scrum after a 5 hour show that practically no one will watch but they'll expect you to know about in storyline.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i'm, goin to bed but

MassRafTer posted:

CM Punk is the best.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Hangman is right and Punk is a shithead

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I really don't like this

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

What EVP had said any poo poo about Colt and Punk? That’s the most befuddling part of this whole tirade for me.

What I’m taking from this is he feels the Bucks had Page do their dirty work.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

aahahahahaha tony

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

We go now live to a 90-year-old man with a shotgun in a rocking chair on his porch

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
this has to be punk working his rear end off for some montreal bullshit

if it's not that's actually more hilarious but for all the wrong reasons

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
shoulda put the Danhausen's Boots angle on dynamite

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

danhausen boots

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Dan Hausen and his magical boots that fit

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

he’s right

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

these morons asking kayfabe questions while we have SHOOTERS in the room need to get into a different business

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ganso Bomb posted:

i think maybe he thinks Hanger is an EVP since he was part of the Elite? either that or the Bucks did something dumb

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punk shouldn’t be doing this but he’s not wrong about Hangman

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Danhausen’s magic boots won CM Punk the title!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I've come around on Punk winning- he didn't get a proper title run the first time and now they can actually like have angles with him as the champion and poo poo. Moxley's more than proven himself as one of the company's best.

This is what I don't like about the booking. I like MJF and think he's due a title run. But bringing him back immediately after Punk begins his second reign leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Either Punk gets TWO really lovely reigns or they cut MJF's momentum off immediately. I understand they were hamstrung by the injury but all of this title hotshotting poo poo gets on my nerves. It's one of the things AEW did so right for so long, and I feel like the booking of most of the titles has been absolutely terrible lately.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

yea ok posted:

these morons asking kayfabe questions while we have SHOOTERS in the room need to get into a different business

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sba posted:

Considering how Colt was constantly on BTE…pretty easy to see the connection there

Right but he keeps saying some EVP(s) have said this stuff publicity which I don’t remember hearing/reading at all

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Honestly this is so compelling either way

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
mjf talked awful poo poo about pillman's family, punk can't handle going on record about colt, jeez louise

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lol now the media people are afraid to ask questions

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

sportsgenius86 posted:

What I’m taking from this is he feels the Bucks had Page do their dirty work.

and that possibly the Bucks planted the story that Colt was being sidelined/release because of punk

it's funny that this might end up overshadowing the mjf angle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I for one think its hilarious that everyone on this forum Always Badded Eddie when he went off on Sammy Guevara (and admitted he was in the wrong, and accepted his fair punishment) but are pearl clutching Hangman bringing up Colt and upsetting Sacred (C)ow (M) Punk