Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/billscher/status/1563279610531393538

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/NovelSci/status/1502472281485942790

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Scearpo/status/1565045960673206274

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/ftweekend/status/1565738899720359936

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

https://twitter.com/mickthetaig/status/1566059585361903616?s=24&t=hP_BxwfDNXK690Ey2-NQTw

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/KuldkeppMart/status/1566151188948688903

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Any credible JFK assassination theories left? Does anyone care anymore? I know Mortal Error was very en vogue in the last decade but I think it's been thoroughly debunked.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Any credible JFK assassination theories left? Does anyone care anymore? I know Mortal Error was very en vogue in the last decade but I think it's been thoroughly debunked.

It was pretty obviously the CIA. Whether they meant for it to happen like this or it was a bungle we'll never know, but there's so much poo poo around them and JFK that it's inarguable at this point.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

why do you think its been thoroughly debunked?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

:iiam:
https://twitter.com/jonbernhardt/status/1505367826604826624

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

allen dulles had it done, george hw bush was involved, jack ruby killed oswald because he was trying to spoil the game.

there's so much more but i'd rather keep this post brief. Accepting anything that tries to interpret what happened as anywhere close to the Warren conclusions, is willfully ignorant at this point.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Some Guy TT posted:

Have you ever been to the Epstein thread

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Carlos Marcello went with Guy Bannister's crew at the last minute instead of Ward Littel's

Chuck Rogers and Jean Mesplède were the pro shooters who took out Kennedy. J D Tippett was meant to kill Oswald (who didn't actually shoot) but hosed it up and got owned

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

MonsieurChoc posted:

It was pretty obviously the CIA. Whether they meant for it to happen like this or it was a bungle we'll never know, but there's so much poo poo around them and JFK that it's inarguable at this point.

For what? I'm not saying they didn't do it, I just don't get why'd they kill 1% anticommunist pro industrialist.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fish of hemp posted:

For what? I'm not saying they didn't do it, I just don't get why'd they kill 1% anticommunist pro industrialist.

The CIA was an empire unto itself under Eisenhower. As leftists, we might think Kennedy was still miles from being progressive, but Bay of Pigs and Vietnam and rapprochement was still more than the CIA could bear, considering how freely they operated otherwise.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Fish of hemp posted:

Internal powerstruggles is the number one reason for 1% anticommunist pro industrialists to get murked.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Fish of hemp posted:

his brother was tough on the mob and he was a filthy Catholic

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

paul_soccer12 posted:

Carlos Marcello went with Guy Bannister's crew at the last minute instead of Ward Littel's

Chuck Rogers and Jean Mesplède were the pro shooters who took out Kennedy. J D Tippett was meant to kill Oswald (who didn't actually shoot) but hosed it up and got owned

The underworld trilogy is pretty good. I should reread it.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Fish of hemp posted:

iirc Kennedy was really pissed off with the CIA for how they ballsed up the Bay Of Pigs, and he tried to come down hard on them after that, starting with firing Allen Dulles, and this was their revenge

anyway, that's not the common narrative (since the common narrative is that Oswald and Ruby acted alone), but idk if we can trust any narratives pushed by the US government at this point, if we ever could

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Kennedy thought the CIA loving sucked and was filled with idiots (as they were) since they couldnt get rid of Castro no matter how much money and men they threw at the problem

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

His stoping the bay of pigs pissed off lots of killers and cost them potential money and real money and that's worth killing for.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Of course the real reason Dulles had JFK killed is because JFK would not have let Suharto massacre every single leftist in Indonesia

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

The plague bombs in Korea and the swine flu in Cuba actually happened though

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Some Guy TT posted:

Maybe I've made an error of my own

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

The plague bombs in Korea and the swine flu in Cuba actually happened though

It's bugging me that this NAFO account is wrong! They're wrong, Jerry!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
"But how can you say that communique was hoaxed, Kramer?"
"Because I wrote it, Jerry!"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

HerraS posted:

Kennedy thought the CIA loving sucked and was filled with idiots (as they were) since they couldnt get rid of Castro no matter how much money and men they threw at the problem

the reason i like the mortal error theory is because i too have read THE JAKARTA METHOD and have concluded that while spook branches of the government are indeed incredibly evil they are also insanely loving stupid and a fake assassination attempt by the cia to scare kennedy being ruined because they failed to take into account the fact that the secret service was staffed by drunken idiot yahoos is extremely onbrand for all involved parties

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
JFK also was a big admirer of Patrice Lumumba, who got merked by the Belgians with CIA assistance, and then the CIA had the UN Secretary assassinated too.

JFK was not a real leftist, but he was bothering the people really in charge of America.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I’ve never read much on the assassination but the conspiracy theories have never really struck me as possible due to the bullets being matched to Oswald’s rifle. maybe there was a gang of Cuban fascists there to do the same but Oswald was the first to act if there was another assassin or assassins

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I still love the idea that Oswald fired 2 shots, one that missed and one that hit Kennedy but that the fatal headshot was someone else.

Without him having fired at least some shots, I have a hard time explaining his actions. He was by literally all accounts, behaving like a guy who at least tried to shoot Kennedy. If he truly was just chilling at work and watching the parade, I don't know why he would sprint out the building thinking they were gonna pin it on him.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MonsieurChoc posted:

JFK also was a big admirer of Patrice Lumumba, who got merked by the Belgians with CIA assistance, and then the CIA had the UN Secretary assassinated too.

JFK was not a real leftist, but he was bothering the people really in charge of America.

They didn't even tell JFK they took out Lumumba until days later

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Oliver Stone's JFK is a really fun movie but the best part is this monologue that Kevin Costner screams after he gets blackpilled

quote:

It's not about our well-being, alright? It's not about our two cars and our TVs and your kitchen. It's about our kids grow up in a shithole of lies and I'm angry about it! My life is hosed because of it. If you could see it that way, you'd see your life is hosed too.

My life is also hosed because I grew up in a shithole of lies (2000's America)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Oliver Stone's Nixon where CIA Director Richard Helms played by Sam Waterston has his eyes go completely black while talking about how they might JFK Tricky Dick if he doesn't play ball

(they did oust him, they just didn't murder him)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Allen Dulles was on the advisory board of Scholastic, which partnered with the Texas Book Depository Building. Lee Harvey Oswald was hired to work there a month before the assassination; at this time, CIA informant George de Mohrenschildt, who was in contact with George H.W. Bush, suspected that Oswald had already tried to shoot General Edwin Walker.

The physical and video evidence all lines up with JFK being killed by Oswald's rifle. I think the notion of a second gunman is a red herring not supported by the evidence. The connections between Oswald, Dulles, and Bush are highly suspicious, but there's no smoking gun proving they orchestrated the assassination.

https://twitter.com/nirol__/status/1562626125775642624

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
The CIA, having realized they bungle any operation they get seriously involved in, just found lone gunmen and helped them get in place to take their shot. If Oswald hadn't succeeded, Kennedy would've just been shot by some other lone gunmen somewhere else.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

just the figure of oswald is weird and suspicious and almost certainly involved with the US security state

i don't know much else, but everything about the guy screams "asset", from his sojourn to the soviet union to his incredibly odd fair play for cuba stuff to his sudden and effortless association with people way out of his social league who were also themselves incredibly spooky

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

oswald wasn't ever aware of the degree he was being used. the CIA via de Mohrenschildt hyped the guy up to do violence and they wanted him to do something like shoot Gen. Edwin Walker, which would have had genuine use in anti-communist propaganda.

him hauling off and shooting Kennedy was problematic for a number of reasons, not the least that the guy had intelligence fingerprints all over him. what the CIA did in the aftermath of the shooting was an extremely hasty cover-up of them juicing up a violent dipshit who ended up in exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

there were thousands and thousands of guys just like Oswald stashed all over the US, it just happens that they got extremely lucky/unlucky with this one.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The idea that the CIA finally managing to kill a major head of state when they gently caress up an intended non lethal assassination attempt as scare tactic/warning message/whatever against their own president is one of those things that sounds too perfect to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Don’t forget that there were back channels to normalize relations with Cuba and it was looking pretty promising