Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

the latest batch of arf was more hit than miss imo. must have bumped a good line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Microplastics posted:

welcome to arf *punches bdelloid in the face*

bdelloid: "will smith just smacked the poo poo out of my rear end"

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

quote:

Sounds about right.
Foot shuffling is the recommended solution but it's not very effective.
Who came up with that, Fauci?

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Heathen commiefornia getting righteous retribution from God imo

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

the crustaceans have turned against us :neckbeard:

larper
Apr 9, 2019

Raine posted:

the latest batch of arf was more hit than miss imo. must have bumped a good line

Allowance just hit the checking account

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

our friends, the copepods

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

jokes on them I love having my feet nibbled

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

whos the brain genius that decided something with like a half dozen legs is a shark bug

its just a regular foot chomper bug theres nothing sharky about them

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

an egg posted:

our friends, the copepods

spore 2 looking good

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
energy crisis averted
https://twitter.com/newscientist/status/1566577456076693504

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
wow good thing crabs arent dying from oceanic heatwaves and their shells melting

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i didnt expect carcinisation to apply to technology too but here we are

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

:yeeclaw:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Shima Honnou posted:

wow good thing crabs arent dying from oceanic heatwaves and their shells melting

we better harvest them at a feverish and unsustainable pace now while we still can, then! we've got batteries to make, green revolution people

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

crabs probably go great in batteries what with all the heavy metals

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

we used to worry about used batteries being toxic to animals, now we have to worry about animals being toxic to our batteries

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
little did we know that instead of throwing car batteries into the ocean, we should have just thrown the crabs directly into the car batteries

Lackmaster
Mar 1, 2011

Raine posted:

agreed I’d found the last few drops pretty tedious but that was a nice return to form.

their early stuff was best, of course

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

arf isn't done, he's gonna make a big comeback with the big hits and new stuff that'll blow our minds

it'll be cringe af

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Stereotype posted:

and they might as well, since both noaa and nasa are explicitly prohibited from studying any greenhouse gasses, so no one else is.
is this for realsies?

I know that one of the Carolinas or maybe Florida, explicitly prohibited sea level rise lol

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
somewhere, a red lobster executive shakes his fist at all of the crab shells they have thrown in the trash

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

finally, a car battery that i am allowed to chuck into the ocean

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Wedge Regret
You were always allowed.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

But more importantly for our dumb rear end societies it increases capital costs which make the nuclear plants only good at extracting money for the construction companies and not the owners.

I'm not sure how long I've been reading this thread but I've given up mostly saying whatever the current doom outlook is it could be vastly reduced if we chose to do so.

Like the omar ending in deus ex invisible war or the book blindsight's ending.

It does make it privately funnier for me.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
getting my record breaking heatwave and covid transmission maps mixed up damnit

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
yeah pick one of those two and make it so the top bin is green instead of red and that should clear things up. nice bonus is whatever's green now isn't a problem anymore 'cause green is good

i wish tiberium was real

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i wish tiberium was real

Precious metals with a minimum of mining expense? The batteries would be... limitless

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
From the political cartoons thread comes... this??

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Microplastics posted:

Precious metals with a minimum of mining expense? The batteries would be... limitless

props for knowing the classics this well. it's been a quarter of a century since moebius has been on any science shows, after all

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

bring back the annihilation

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/Weather_West/status/1566444947112218629?t=g0QVcSuI5K9KXHCrHsEWDA&s=19

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

CODChimera posted:

bring back the annihilation

total?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

loling that the future will consist of increasingly more red maga cheering california grid failures and blue maga cheering texas grid failures

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

biceps crimes posted:

loling that the future will consist of increasingly more red maga cheering california grid failures and blue maga cheering texas grid failures

they should charge their protective underground crystals like new yorks mayor has been doing

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

biceps crimes posted:

Arm v core baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxAdOQtAFEs

hekaton
Jan 5, 2022

sure wish i could understand what the hell was going on with my life
so i could be properly upset when things happen

biceps crimes posted:

i think the big breakup/loss of federal cohesion in the US is going to be a climate disaster occuring in a blue state with a republican controlled washington, where there is little to no federal support for the survivors and rebuilding and the idea of a unified country in any sense just evaporates

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

hekaton posted:

i think the big breakup/loss of federal cohesion in the US is going to be a climate disaster occuring in a blue state with a republican controlled washington, where there is little to no federal support for the survivors and rebuilding and the idea of a unified country in any sense just evaporates

larper
Apr 9, 2019

hekaton posted:

The support is limited to the landowner class to a certain extent. Rich people build in areas that are already experiencing regular climate disasters (ex: wildfire/urban interface in CA, Dauphin Island in Louisiana), and they get bailed out every time so they can rebuild. Theres currently a situation in AZ where they're getting abandoned by the state, though. a bunch of rich boomers are going to get their water deliveries from Scottsdale cut off and have to choose between spending far more on water or abandoning their property. Kind of interesting to see the slow motion collapse happening in one of the most politically troglodytic states first as it will probably serve as the model for future more widespread disasters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

larper posted:

The support is limited to the landowner class to a certain extent. Rich people build in areas that are already experiencing regular climate disasters (ex: wildfire/urban interface in CA, Dauphin Island in Louisiana), and they get bailed out every time so they can rebuild. Theres currently a situation in AZ where they're getting abandoned by the state, though. a bunch of rich boomers are going to get their water deliveries from Scottsdale cut off and have to choose between spending far more on water or abandoning their property. Kind of interesting to see the slow motion collapse happening in one of the most politically troglodytic states first as it will probably serve as the model for future more widespread disasters.

Dauphin is in Alabama, Louisiana has lost so much land that they wouldn't even try to save it they'd just claim it was still there even after the ocean claims it