Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol he switched to the GoT show and did this guy really just toss crabs onto this mfer???? lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RandolphCarter posted:

he’s a clown with a burning head, what’s not to love? also his wish in the first game was to reunited with his best friend, a paper bag hand puppet.

e: https://youtu.be/1b_-Rgq6nrU

His wish in 2 was also one of the only ones not to end ironically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8Kvf-_fHs

zetamind2000 has issued a correction as of 02:49 on Sep 5, 2022

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

zetamind2000 posted:

His wish in 2 was also one of the only ones not to end ironically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8Kvf-_fHs

lol what the gently caress

i only played black and I actually prefer that presentation tbh

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Why on earth would you pay for prime, they don't even guarantee 2 day delivery anymore. Lol

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I love that baby Gandalf is in his early thirties.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/red_baiting/status/1566466490580078592

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

This owns

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

omg

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

guys...

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

That is so loving sick

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
dont be the gay guy who says its (obviously) fake

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1566614979939225601?t=EClAYnWUIhy6Ugqw6S80Qg&s=19

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Man that one Ork

He got stabbed two times, then hung, and then got his head cut of!?

Jeepers Creepers

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

there is something about that first RATM album that just gets me pumped, and seriously i can't think of any music that even comes close to how it makes me feel. It's so good for channelling something, it's ridiculous seriously

even that cover of Killing In The Name absolutely does it for me.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

indigi posted:

it's doing big numbers actually

There isn't really a definite number for what is a success or not when it comes to stream numbers. Box offices can be compared to the budget and such but they can just say '25 million watched our show this weekend, beating our expected number of *mumbles into arm*".

They are probably not going to axe it but it's either that they changing things up in response to feedback (lol not happening) or keep going.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god that whole battle in dragonshow was so loving stupid

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Riot Bimbo posted:

there is something about that first RATM album that just gets me pumped, and seriously i can't think of any music that even comes close to how it makes me feel. It's so good for channelling something, it's ridiculous seriously

even that cover of Killing In The Name absolutely does it for me.

It's an extremely raw and angry album. I'll always prefer Battle of Los Angeles as my fav tho.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's an extremely raw and angry album. I'll always prefer Battle of Los Angeles as my fav tho.

Battle of LA has a lot of good songs, but I'm very much a self titled fangirl.

Ashes In The Fall and New Millenium Homes get a lot of play in my house though

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

new millennium homes is my fav rage song hands-down

i downloaded the catalogue and kept the bangers for my jogging mix along with the picks from kanye's first six albums and, uh, dua lipa

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol oh yeah i got into dylan because of their maggie's farm. that's music cred right there

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i say swears online posted:

oh my god that whole battle in dragonshow was so loving stupid

this was the first episode I've watched and I enjoyed all the family and succession politicking. Paddy Considine especially is fun to watch.

then the battle happened and it somehow had less tension than the hunting scenes

it was like an early season episode of game of thrones had a battle from the last few seasons attached to the end.

the battle was well put together and got the narrative across well, which is something Game of thrones hosed up sometimes. the issue with the cave pirate battle was that the narrative was stupid.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

even then, then good parts are...monothematic. even in literal Game Of Thrones, the game of thrones wasn't all that central and had a ton of interesting characters. only sadking is fun to watch and for now until the kiddos age up i'm standing by it. you're right that the politics stuff was more fun than the climax but there aren't enough angles or moving parts or something. where's (spider) varys, where's tyrion, where's arya, where's anyone that doesn't have a claim to the throne but still chews up screentime?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

C-Euro posted:

It's pretty much entirely lifted from the appendices of the LOTR books, and the credits explicitly spell this out, which is a hilarious concept to me even if I think the show is OK. Can't wait for the DUNC movie that's just someone reading off the dictionary at the end of the book.

Way better option than adapting the failson books

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

gently caress yeah

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

C-Euro posted:

It's pretty much entirely lifted from the appendices of the LOTR books, and the credits explicitly spell this out, which is a hilarious concept to me even if I think the show is OK. Can't wait for the DUNC movie that's just someone reading off the dictionary at the end of the book.

imagine 4 different competing Dune prequels. One will be based on Dune's dictionary. Another based on the "non-canon" Dune Encyclopedia. A third on KJA's prequels. Finally one based on the Westwood games.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I didn't hate the two episodes. The narrative only works as a prequel; I didn't find myself caring much for these new characters, but it was nice to look at from its high budget. It probably could have used more scenes like killing the orc in the house so it doesn't feel like a series of RPG cutscenes.

I'm in no rush to watch the rest of the season.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Echo Chamber posted:

I didn't hate the two episodes. The narrative only works as a prequel; I didn't find myself caring much for these new characters, but it was nice to look at from its high budget. It probably could have used more scenes like killing the orc in the house so it doesn't feel like a series of RPG cutscenes.

I'm in no rush to watch the rest of the season.
same. it kinda just.. exists

meanwhile i started watching sandman and it seems good so far? really nice visuals too

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Prime is gonna go up $10 because of this show bombing

im not sure amazon bothers to actually budget any of their shows beyond the usefulness they have in getting people to maintain prime subscriptions to buy other things

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Some Guy TT posted:

im not sure amazon bothers to actually budget any of their shows beyond the usefulness they have in getting people to maintain prime subscriptions to buy other things

last season of expanse was pretty notably gutted budget-wise

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

It's all down hill since they made Lee Pace an elf already

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

CapnAndy posted:

Making Laenor light-skinned was an excellent casting choice. Doubly so if they contrive to show us his mom at some point and she's got brown hair.

i do not understand this lib poo poo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's kinda hilarious and demonstrative of capitalism brain when the people running these entertainment show networks nowadays don't seem to understand the base premises of entertainment and why people watch it.

Like, even back in the most cynical days, cartoon makers knew why kids watched cartoons and took advantage of it, Nick never let Nicktoons get proper finales because they wanted kids to keep watching reruns in hope of seeing new episodes.

Does remind me of New World basically demonstrating Amazon doesn't understand basic concepts of video games despite wanting to corner that market too.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's kinda hilarious and demonstrative of capitalism brain when the people running these entertainment show networks nowadays don't seem to understand the base premises of entertainment and why people watch it.
Wwell that's just typical capital rot. But also a lot of it is like insane mega-millionaire failson neptoism and elite bring incestuous morons born into immense amounts of wealth and dont understand what to do with of it because they aren't very smart. like jeff bezos's former harvard cousin's brother vinny is totally good at TV he'll do a great job, btw how'd that prostitute i sent over last night work out? good? nice, alright yeah ill tell vinny he's going to make this great real killer tv show based on shanara. everyone loves fantasy! what can go wrong?

This comes up in the video games thread but this syndrome also prevalent in a lot of western big-publisher AA+ games just absolutely making GBS threads the bed so hard these days: the only thing they can churn out is remakes and sequels. new IP is basically dead and the hosed up thing is they can't even make anything good with their existing IP. look at all those remakes that are just dogshit like the gta ones or the tlous or failure of new rear end creed or far cry or saints row or the latest FIFA looked like buggy poo poo

Xaris has issued a correction as of 08:29 on Sep 5, 2022

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i still cant get past how the supposedly most carefully curated media franchise on the planet made a show about a lawyer but forgot to hire anybody with experience working in legal dramas or legal comedies to write for it

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

even harvey birdman had a court case every episode

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Some Guy TT posted:

i still cant get past how the supposedly most carefully curated media franchise on the planet made a show about a lawyer but forgot to hire anybody with experience working in legal dramas or legal comedies to write for it
you're big mistake is thinking it;s a show about a lawyer. it's not. it's a show about yass kween grrlpwr slayer

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think the problem is that this stuff seems shat out with the bare minimum effort on the production side that doesn't involve special effects because A: they hate hate HATE having to pay writers, and 2: the only alternative to half-assing it is the special hell of design by committee that leads to poo poo like the Star Wars sequels.

But yeah, everyone who gets to make decisions is a useless failson so disconnected from the actual creative process they pretty much only can get in the way.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
rings of power is loving awesome, what the gently caress is wrong with you people

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MelonieMac/status/1566481350835597312

poo poo they figured out the real reason i hate tom brady

What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

My dying mother showed me a tearjerker Queer Eye episode and they said I should try to always look sexy for my partner. That is an impossible demand and I shall remain single.