Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Graveyard Quest
Part 5.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
love beelzebub's expressions on the phone

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Hempuli posted:

I do wonder how much of that is storyboarded by Green and how much is from the artist doing their own thing here.

IIRC the art is generally pure Anthony Clark but I know at least one instance (I'll quote this post when we get to it) where KC storyboarded it because it was a lot easier to just draw it out than to try to write it. There's also a sequence near the end that KC drew himself, though it's very visually apparent and a deliberate art shift.

I have no idea what the actual case is, but I'd hazard a guess that character designs are a mix of some designed by Clark, some designed by Green, and some with a mix of input from both. Some characters are so KC Green-esque visually that it's easy to mistakenly assume KC drew the final art when they show up, while others are more purestrain Clark

Digamma-F-Wau has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Sep 5, 2022

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ah, my mistake then. It's definitely a lot of K.C. Green shtick in that "it is not her DESTINY" panel, though.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I drew a random tiny comic:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
you're telling me a goon fried this rich

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

trapped mouse posted:

you're telling me a goon fried this rich

His name was Lowtax

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Noice

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
took too long on my lunch break and they made me read hell was full

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

This isn't one of my all time favorites, but "we never meant to hoit ya" is a great line that always makes me laugh. Anyways I guess that's tonight's edition of mild compliments, thank you for reading

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It makes perfect sense to me that bugs bunny would write letters phonetically in his own voice

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Does Porky write out his stutter though?

(yes, of course he does)

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Samantha 19
Samantha 20
Samantha 21
Samantha 22
Samantha 23

Samantha 24

Samantha 25

Samantha 26

Talking character deaths: 15
Deaths altogether: 51+
Certified Lyndon Painatorium moments: 5

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Thorsby this is so hosed up

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Nobody scores, the end. Not a huge fan of Yoshida's "I can fix him" attitude towards Sigurd, but so it goes.

One bonus page, though:

In this chapter, we catch up with our favourite dogs of the government, the Legal Army.

Episode 12: The Sword, the Armour and the Prosperous Society

The Town Council appears to have some concerns about a brand new paramilitary force kicking around their place, who would have thought? On the other hand, it looks like they're gearing up to become the military military. On the other other hand, maybe that's the problem...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I might have to steal the idea of The Impossible Ones, who existed before the plague of sentience.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Stop making sense!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The obvious solution is to make a wand out of cardboard and fight back with your own plausible deniability magic.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
A being that is a giant water tap that speaks by dripping human heads is interesting. At what point does a bad artist with good ideas become a good artist!?

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

You know, something different for a change.

Ray thinks that forgetting to jam for forty-five seconds merits a 'whoops'

Don't worry, he's not going to play him Hog and Prawn

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Holy poo poo the impossible ones rule

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I might have to steal the idea of The Impossible Ones, who existed before the plague of sentience.

hey baby, it ain't where you take it from, it's where you take it to that counts

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Hack writers imitate, great writers steal, I suppose. The Impossible Ones also loosely seem like something that would exist in Mage: The Ascension. Or maybe Awakening, they'd fit in as Abyssal entities.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

perhaps we just wish we are standing on the shoulders of giants

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Nthing the love for the Impossible Ones. There's something more unsettling about them for being portrayed in such a clear art style: someone with more conventional skill might try to represent a being that can't possibly exist by not letting the reader ever get a clear look at it or changing its appearance each frame or something, but Thorsby just goes all-in on making it absolutely clear that it's a man with a camel for a leg who communicates by dripping heads out of a faucet.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I like that Thorsby came up with the idea of beings whose entire existence is so unknowable they have make people mad or the sheer force of unreality will destroy them and his design was just "uh they look stupid as poo poo."

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Reminds me of Greg Egan's Quarantine, where it turns out that observer effect that collapses superposition of quantum states into a single state is something that only human observers do, because we've evolved an organ in our brain that does that. Before we came along, the rest of life in the universe existed quite happily in uncollapsed state, but they couldn't survive being observed by us. So we've committed a cosmic genocide on unimaginable scale by simply looking at the sky.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Forgall posted:

Reminds me of Greg Egan's Quarantine, where it turns out that observer effect that collapses superposition of quantum states into a single state is something that only human observers do, because we've evolved an organ in our brain that does that. Before we came along, the rest of life in the universe existed quite happily in uncollapsed state, but they couldn't survive being observed by us. So we've committed a cosmic genocide on unimaginable scale by simply looking at the sky.

Everyone is always like "oh STEM needs the humanities" but this is the kind of poo poo that happens when you teach nerds about literature!!

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

hell, same

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

By popular demand posted:

Stop making sense!

Well, they could start by taking that love away.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

there's a dominions 5 mod that may appeal, along with indications for further reading

unit descriptions here have a lot of text along those lines

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Whybird posted:

Nthing the love for the Impossible Ones. There's something more unsettling about them for being portrayed in such a clear art style: someone with more conventional skill might try to represent a being that can't possibly exist by not letting the reader ever get a clear look at it or changing its appearance each frame or something, but Thorsby just goes all-in on making it absolutely clear that it's a man with a camel for a leg who communicates by dripping heads out of a faucet.

Feels like they're clearly designed after surrealist art.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

some plague rats posted:

Everyone is always like "oh STEM needs the humanities" but this is the kind of poo poo that happens when you teach nerds about literature!!

quote:

The narrator, Nick, contains a suite of tactical mods that allow him to suppress emotions and enhance tactical and analytical thought.

lmao

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol ooof

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"hey why does your viewpoint character never express a recognizably human emotion" "uh he's... tactical"

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

bad

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
sucks that your early comics can stay online forever. oh well

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I can't decide what's more gross. Sperm coloured like honey or the idea that he assumes that the white stuff is honey, because that's just what it looks like in his kitchen. It takes a long as a time for honey to become moldy by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Wait, is this based on the Garfield dog cum comic? Wouldn't that make him also a zoophile based on his logic