Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

goferchan posted:

I like quests so far but I've had a couple games where it felt like I was just playing whatever my quest reward was and completely ignoring my hero and if that happens a lot they're going to get old.

Having said this, it's really fun when the two come together. Just had a win with Sneed + Demons + Ritual Blade (when a deathrattle minion dies, give it +4/+4 permanently) and it was a blast; had me changing up my strategy from what I'd do normally but still felt like the tribe and hero power synergies were important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Oh cool, I thought of that synergy as soon as I saw that quest reward!

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Wild continues to be a very balanced and fair format

Just lol at u if you don't play around absolutely normal sequences

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Paladin is my absolute favourite class to play in wild except for the fact that psychic scream is a card

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

You're in luck then because nobody plays scream anymore afaik

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Funny thing is even if Druid gets dumpstered (it won't, there's too many loving things to correct) then Mage is right behind it, either being Freezed for the entire match (a game design based on 50% of the players not playing, genius!) or mashing the RNG button over & over and hoping the Pachinko machine pays out. It's like a less intelligent version of Thief Rogue, because even the Mage player doesn't know what he's going to play.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Tin Tim posted:

You're in luck then because nobody plays scream anymore afaik

Tell that to the shadowform priests that keep bodying me in the dumpster ranks

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

goferchan posted:

Having said this, it's really fun when the two come together. Just had a win with Sneed + Demons + Ritual Blade (when a deathrattle minion dies, give it +4/+4 permanently) and it was a blast; had me changing up my strategy from what I'd do normally but still felt like the tribe and hero power synergies were important.

I went from taking zero damage at turn 9 and being in the final two with dragons and I can't remember which quest, to getting absolutely dumpstered in the next two turns by a mutanus with a full warband of divine shield + poison murlocs. The quests feel incredibly swingy in that you can get monstered at the start and pull it back in the midgame depending on quest and hero. Tarecgosa + Staff Of Origination + full board of dragons with the minion who buffs a minion on each side can be a brute to deal with

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I'm one more legendary away from having the full set. I will have enough dust to craft but if the card is Halkias. Should I bother or just save my dust until the next expansion?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

I'm one more legendary away from having the full set. I will have enough dust to craft but if the card is Halkias. Should I bother or just save my dust until the next expansion?

halkias is garbage and will remain so for the foreseeable future

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Excelzior posted:

halkias is garbage and will remain so for the foreseeable future
Even if every Rogue secret was legal and Shadowjewler Hanar was in the Core, Halkias is still just a 5/4 with Stealth. Having one of those forever is nice but any games that he would win you could be more easily won with a large selection of other cards.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

For me the funny thing about Halkias is how he came out the same set as another 4 mana legendary secret synergy card that’s actually good

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I play an absurd amount of casual wild and have seen Halkias once. Pretty sure it was randomly generated too. Not worth the dust unless something big changes in the meta.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Yeah kind of figured. I do like getting all the cards though but can spend that dust getting good legendaries in the next set.

Thanks!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yeah kind of figured. I do like getting all the cards though but can spend that dust getting good legendaries in the next set.

Thanks!

I mean assuming you're playing regularly you will almost certainly open that card before the next expansion comes out. Standard packs don't have a pity timer iirc but they do have dupe protection so if you've been collecting all cards each expansion it will be your next legendary.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

goferchan posted:

I mean assuming you're playing regularly you will almost certainly open that card before the next expansion comes out. Standard packs don't have a pity timer iirc but they do have dupe protection so if you've been collecting all cards each expansion it will be your next legendary.

If it's my last legendary in my set do I also get a golden one as the reward?

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

You get a diamond version of something for getting all the legendaries in a set right?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

GTO posted:

You get a diamond version of something for getting all the legendaries in a set right?

Even better!

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.

Strawberry Panda posted:

If it's my last legendary in my set do I also get a golden one as the reward?

Just wait for the miniset, the legendaries from that set will push you past the 25 legendaries required to get the diamond reward (I think it’s one of the warrior legendaries this time).

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
It’s Diamond Olgra

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It’s Diamond Olllllgraaaaaaaaaaaaa

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
battlegrounds opinion: i think theotar is way too weak as a menagerie capstone. make him tier 5

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

peer posted:

battlegrounds opinion: i think theotar is way too weak as a menagerie capstone. make him tier 5

the menagerie 5 slot is already taken by lightfang

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
can we delete druid yet

please

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I've posted this before but this is a slightly updated version. The creator, Swizard, is at Legend i think? With a 65% win rate. My rank not as good, but this is the best RenoLock I've ever played. It's so smooth:

### SwizLock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 1x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 1x (1) Tour Guide
# 1x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Drain Soul
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Backfire
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Dark Skies
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Sense Demons
# 1x (3) Smothering Starfish
# 1x (3) Tome Tampering
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Fire Breather
# 1x (4) Hellfire
# 1x (4) Hysteria
# 1x (4) Immolate
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Seadevil Stinger
# 1x (4) Spice Bread Baker
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (5) Gorloc Ravager
# 1x (6) Entitled Customer
# 1x (6) Kael'thas Sinstrider
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Tickatus
# 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (8) Gigafin
# 1x (8) Kazakusan
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAarABCjcBry2Ati7AvO9At/EAufLAvLQApz4AvyjA+usA5GxA5vNA9fOA5LeA87hA/jjA5PkA6bvA8D5A4L7A4P7A7CKBI+fBIOgBOegBKWtBISwBOWwBNWyBI21BPXHBPXOBOnQBJbUBJjUBJrUBPnYBLjZBJfvBL7wBAAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

I already miss the easy to complete Battlegrounds quests showing up as part of the weekly rotation. Boy I love playing Infuse cards...

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

NorgLyle posted:

I already miss the easy to complete Battlegrounds quests showing up as part of the weekly rotation. Boy I love playing Infuse cards...

I re-roll the Play 30 Infuse weekly. It's so bad.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I play a lot of this and it slowly grinds away the Infused quest while also hitting a lot of other quests:

### Sir Finley, Clown
# Class: Shaman
#
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 1x (1) Unite the Murlocs
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Clownfish
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us
# 2x (4) Murlocula
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 1x (4) Scargil
# 2x (4) Tidelost Burrower
# 2x (5) Gorloc Ravager
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAc+LBQbgBYQXm8QCnJsDqO4D5bAEDL8XjJQDtZgD3ewDlfADq6AE1bIEssEEws4Exc4E7tMEy+IEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think my Bob's Buddy app must be broken or something, because I literally lose more often than I win in games I'm favored on. It's so bad that I actually get excited if I win on a 75% chance.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chernabog posted:

I think my Bob's Buddy app must be broken or something, because I literally lose more often than I win in games I'm favored on. It's so bad that I actually get excited if I win on a 75% chance.

It's not unexpected that the percentages are off a bit after so many major changes. Give it a week.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

goferchan posted:

Quest rewards are so incredibly high-rolly right now that I would almost lean into t3 armor heroes pretty hard because getting a fast quest beats out a good hero power often. People (even the pros) have been very slow to adjust to the new math. Still a lot of people going 3 on 3/ 4 on 4 then doing the shocked pikachu when they top 8.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I went from really liking having picked up the game again for battlegrounds to not wanting to touch it in the space of like two weeks, cool!

Also murloc holmes just seems like an auto finalist and in the most boring way possible.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

kater posted:

I went from really liking having picked up the game again for battlegrounds to not wanting to touch it in the space of like two weeks, cool!

Also murloc holmes just seems like an auto finalist and in the most boring way possible.
The only nice thing, for me, is that because I didn't touch Battlegrounds immediately after the update (since it sounded bad) when I had a 'Use Your Hero Power' weekly this morning and jumped in to complete it, my rating was literally 0 and at this point everybody who cares even a little has left those ranks so I had an easy time surviving to 1st or 2nd place each game in order to maximize my hero power usage.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shamefully the weekly battlegrounds quests nudged me into getting back into it and it seems kinda fun. Won't be spending on another battlepass tho.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Not just Wizard Poker, BULLSHIT Wizard Poker

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hearthstone has been bullshit ever since coin innervate chillwind yeti and it will always be bullshit

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

World War Mammories posted:

hearthstone has been bullshit ever since druids and it will always be bullshit

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Desert Bus posted:

I've posted this before but this is a slightly updated version. The creator, Swizard, is at Legend i think? With a 65% win rate. My rank not as good, but this is the best RenoLock I've ever played. It's so smooth:

That's pretty cool, I'll give it a spin. Here's another RenoLock in Wild that I found smooth also, not sure how it compares - will give a report at sometime after having played both. Also, it was last updated awhile back, the Tech card Golakka Crawler could probably be substituted for a different 2-cost card now.

### Even Highlander
#
# 1x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 1x (2) Darkbomb
# 1x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Drain Soul
# 1x (2) Encumbered Pack Mule
# 1x (2) Far Watch Post
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 1x (4) Dark Alley Pact
# 1x (4) Demonic Assault
# 1x (4) Hysteria
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Spice Bread Baker
# 1x (4) Voidcaller
# 1x (6) Abyssal Summoner
# 1x (6) Anetheron
# 1x (6) Battleground Battlemaster
# 1x (6) Entitled Customer
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 1x (6) Keli'dan the Breaker
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (8) Archwitch Willow
# 1x (8) Enhanced Dreadlord
# 1x (8) Mo'arg Forgefiend
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
# 1x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
# 1x (12) Mountain Giant
# 1x (20) Molten Giant
#
AAEBAa35Ax7hB9wKjg6tEMMW2LsC5MIC38QC58sCl9MCzfQC/KMD7qwDxLkD7r8D184D9M4Di9UD+OMD9+gDiPQDwPkDxvkDx/kDzPkD/voDgfsDgvsDh/sD56AEAAA=
#

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This one I got from MarcKingOcea and it's Demon focused unlike the Swizard Dragon build up there. It's a lot of fun but I haven't played it nearly as much. I do love me some Fel Lord though:

### L-O-V-E (Nat King Cole)
#
# 1x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (1) Armor Vendor
# 1x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 1x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 1x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) Supreme Archaeology
# 1x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 1x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Doomsayer
# 1x (2) Drain Soul
# 1x (2) Explosive Sheep
# 1x (2) Kanrethad Ebonlocke
# 1x (2) Plot Twist
# 1x (2) Questing Explorer
# 1x (3) Entrapped Sorceress
# 1x (3) Full-Blown Evil
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Sense Demons
# 1x (3) Shadow Bolt
# 1x (3) Smothering Starfish
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 1x (5) Cobalt Spellkin
# 1x (5) Doomguard
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
# 1x (5) Siphon Soul
# 1x (5) Skull of the Man'ari
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Rin, the First Disciple
# 1x (8) Enhanced Dreadlord
# 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
# 1x (8) Kazakusan
# 1x (8) Mo'arg Forgefiend
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Krul the Unshackled
# 1x (9) Mal'Ganis
# 1x (9) Voidlord
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAEBAcn1Aij3BNwGkgfCD9i7Atm8AufLAvLQApfTAtjnAujnAtvpAtqbA4mdA+ujA/yjA7ulA4GxA5GxA8S5A9a5A9fOA5LkA/zoA83yA8z5A4P7A7GfBIKgBIOgBNWgBOegBNujBISwBI21BNu5BJrUBJvUBJ3UBJfvBAAA
#

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

FYI, in case anyone is worried about being blindsided by the mini-set release:

We're currently 35 days post-release for Murder at Castle Nathria.