Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its gonna be a miku game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
You can find the game here

https://cdromance.com/sega_saturn_isos/deep-fear-japan/

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Platinum Trophy should be renamed Common Trophy.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

Platinum Trophy should be renamed Common Trophy.

how many you got?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lmfao yes I love deep fear

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Whoa

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've started the game 3 diff times and never finished it but now we all have some extra motivation

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
very, very excited for you all to hear the captains tragic backstory

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That Little Demon posted:

very, very excited for you all to hear the captains tragic backstory

Lmao yes

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

never heard of it before. hoip

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

same, it looks awesome from what I found while making the trophies lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

symbolic posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmfao... please for the love of god click this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDj_BLEbJr0

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Me: typical janky survival horror voice acting, heh

Du bois(?), foppishly: AAAH

me: lmfao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Oh my god

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
immediately digging out my saturn and leaving everything else in boxes when my stuff gets here next week so i can play deep fear

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

: Beat Castle of Illusion (Saturn or Genesis)

Beat Castle of illusion on saturn. Game feels like they just gave up on it.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Gonna try to beat quackshot tomorrow.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

HEREAFTER WE WILL HAVE DESPERATE DAYS WITH NOWHERE TO ESCAPE . . .

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

You can find the game here
check the bottom of the page for links to versions with english text - one for europe, and an unreleased us one

i'm prob. gonna try the us one

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
christ setting up multi-disc games in bizhawk sucks loving rear end, you can't just load discs seperately since they're given their own unique save ram

i figured it out though, kinda sorta:

open bizhawk/emuhawk and go tools > multi disk bundler, then do something like this:

this'll create an xml file in the bizhawk directory. open it up as a rom file, and disk 1 should start loading.

here's the unintuitive bit: now hit tools > virtual pad and it'll open up a window with all the buttons on the controller and the console. now to change disk, hit "open tray", slide the disk index to the end and hit close tray. you might have to hit open tray again afterwards to get it to take? it's all a bit confusing, but at least you don't have to use retroarch.

at least this is how it works for changing disc on startup. if i have to change disk during gameplay and opening the tray resets the console, i'm probably just gonna quit right there

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im getting a mode for my saturn now that ive finally got all my consoles set up, but it wont arrive in time :smith:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
in retroarch and standalone mednafen you just make an m3u playlist for multidisc psx and saturn games, it just works :shrug:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

: Beat Quackshot (Saturn or Genesis)

definitely full of frustrating platforming moments, but it never felt unfair, and landing a direct plunger shot is incredibly satisfying. glad this one was a game club pick.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

: Beat Quackshot (Saturn or Genesis)
: Beat both games on the Sega Saturn

Just as half baked as the mickey mouse game, but at least this one was fun and felt good to play lol

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

mysterious loyall X posted:

in retroarch and standalone mednafen you just make an m3u playlist for multidisc psx and saturn games, it just works :shrug:

For people who don't know how exactly to do this, you create a new file called Deep Fear.m3u, and edit it with a text editor so its contents are
code:
Deep Fear (Japan) (Disc 1).cue
Deep Fear (Japan) (Disc 2).cue
Then you run that file like you would run a game in RetroArch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

QuackShot at least had way more variety than Castle of Illusion and exploring to get items to unlock new paths in previous areas was cool without being too annoying. I enjoyed it quite a bit

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

QuackShot at least had way more variety than Castle of Illusion and exploring to get items to unlock new paths in previous areas was cool without being too annoying. I enjoyed it quite a bit

Not having to start the entire game over when I died at the last boss was also hugely appreciated.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ahh just what this game needed, a loving Zelda 2 rear end dungeon. gently caress you Mickey.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

Ahh just what this game needed, a loving Zelda 2 rear end dungeon. gently caress you Mickey.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Lol