Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Angry_Ed posted:

Honestly wasn't expecting community creations especially if they have to build a cross-platform system from scratch.

It should be considered a standard feature lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

It should be considered a standard feature lol

It's a lot of infrastructure to invest in. I'm not surprised it didn't make the cut.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
no community creations kinda puts a damper on longevity for me should have called it AEW Fight For 1-3 Months

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Pylons posted:

It's a lot of infrastructure to invest in. I'm not surprised it didn't make the cut.

shoulda took out the minigames for community creations when they were originally asked about going that direction

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

No Community Creations like mode.

:rip:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

shoulda took out the minigames for community creations when they were originally asked about going that direction

I mean I’m sure one is a much bigger expenditure of resources than the other.

Still sucks tho.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

poor tony, cant compete with spike chunsoft

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
When they said they were making No Mercy in 2022 they weren't kiddin huh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

edit: definitely a rental at best from me now

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 5, 2022

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

CAW sharing is a feature so integral to the genre that it alone has kept the WWE games relevant despite being terrible for years, so that's a large mistake.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What's the verdict on 2k22? These new legacy vids make me kinda want to get it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It’s decent to play but afaik still pretty crash happy.

The AEW game will have to be an excellent play to make up for no CAW suite, and as desperately as everybody has strained to convince themselves that the quality of YUKES’ decade plus of lackluster product is all on THQ / 2K / the fed, I do not believe this game is going to bear that theory out.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Basic Chunnel posted:

It’s decent to play but afaik still pretty crash happy.

The AEW game will have to be an excellent play to make up for no CAW suite, and as desperately as everybody has strained to convince themselves that the quality of YUKES’ decade plus of lackluster product is all on THQ / 2K / the fed, I do not believe this game is going to bear that theory out.

It has CAW, you just can't upload it for other players to download

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

CarlCX posted:

CAW sharing is a feature so integral to the genre that it alone has kept the WWE games relevant despite being terrible for years, so that's a large mistake.

You just go on gamefaqs and painstakingly enter all the values by hand like the good old days

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Trying posted:

You just go on gamefaqs and painstakingly enter all the values by hand like the good old days

i remember doing this

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

We had a little cube for storage in front of the TV and it was packed so loving full with printed out formulas

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Is Community a thing they could conceivably add later via DLC?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Leonard for World Champ

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Shut up, Leonard. I've seen your Britta CAW.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

1glitch0 posted:

Shut up, Leonard. I've seen your Britta CAW.

*blows raspberry*

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

Poteeeeentially? Spike Chunsoft built their own system for the console version of Fire Pro. Whether or not people will still care if/when they manage it, though...

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
No CC is a downer. I hope the modding community comes through with something like save sharing.

Most people looking for More AKI should check out the VPW2: freem Edition mod to scratch that itch. It's essentially the combined WM2000, Revenge, Puro + some Indies/moderns and it's flame as gently caress. It's also compatible with memory pack caw saves from ancient internet tombs

The Gamecube games had believably realistic ragdoll, non-canned animations on cell ceiling collapses and it felt like peak wrestling game physics at the time. I didn't know it literally would be though.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
No CC sucks but it’s not like it took long to make a decent CAW in No Mercy. What I really hope is that they have pre-made movesets for people not in the game.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ill manually make my misawa like God intended tyvm

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Since FTR, the Acclaimed, and I assume Uno and Dos have been taken out to be ransomed back to the marks, I assume they'll announce a $14.99 a month Community Creations subscription with micropurchases to allow more than one download a week.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Leonard for World Champ

Leonard likes this post.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Most likely you'll be able to trade created files anyway, at least on PC. Hopefully there are a good enough amount of CAW slots to make that viable though.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I don't know how the CAW system is set up but as long as everything has a name or number value people can just post their CAW's numbers and we can recreate them. Like we did in the good ol days!!!!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Trying posted:

At least technology has advanced to the point now where someone can take a screen shot and show you what you're getting.

In the old days you'd just enter a mess of values like this and just hope for the best, and you get some random looking guy in a crew cut and a red singlet coming out with the Val Venis entrance taunt because they was the closest there is

quote:

Kurt Angle (by mintflos45@aol.com)
Body Type: Male Muscle
Skin Type: Ripped
Color: Skin Color 10 (0/53/47)
Eyes: Big Eyes (66/50/60)
Nose: Wide Nose 3
Mouth: Smile 1 (6/32/42)
Hair: Flat Top 1 (10/28/18)
Shirt: Tanktop: Spike (64/50/49)
Elbow Pads: Elastic Sleeve (0/71/50)
Accessories: Jewelry: Peace (11/50/44)
Pants: Stripes: Flag (66/50/50) (30)
Shoes: Road Dogg (59/50/50) (Need to have unlocked extra custom features cheat)
Attributes: Give him a charisma of 10
Moves:
Ready: Overhead Belly Suplex
Side Belly Belly Suplex
Fireman's Carry
Fall Forward Powerbomb
High Angle Suplex
Samoan Drop
Small Package
Tie Up: Double Underhook Suplex
Hanging Vertical Suplex
Whipped Opponent: Power Slam
Behind: Reverse Brainbuster
Dizzy Punch: Hit to Groin
Taunt: Let's Go Skiing
Crowd: Boo
Fighting Style: Dr. Death
Entrance: Val Venis
Voice/Grunts: Custom: Spaz

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

FTR should be in the game, but if tag team mode is actually good (unlike 2ks) then their omission will be really noticeable.

Noticeable enough to buy the AEW Tag Teams DLC? :biglips:

Edit:

It's not like people didn't try to make some form of the AKI grappling engine through the years. Smackdown tried real hard and did drat well around like 12 - 14. But it was always missing something very important. I find it hella endearing that Kenny apparently used his Japanese fluency and connections to go on a quest to find the missing piece of the wrestling game puzzle; the original Spirit bar and grappling engine source code. Probably just sitting in some old laptop in a basement somewhere. Even a pure vanilla VPW 2 engine port with modern trappings is gonna be way better than anything we've had in a long time outside modded Fire Pro.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 6, 2022

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
WWE has occasionally released the variations from the 2K series, like Allstars, Battlegrounds, the tons of lovely mobile apps... I always wondered why they never tried releasing a retro game to emulate the AKI games or even the LJN games. It just seemed like a no brainer to me. It's like they always have to gently caress with it in some way to make it different, or rather spend the money to make something dumb.

I can't wait for TK's twitter rants about how Fight Forever beat whatever WWE games in some metric that he had researched.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I still look up caws online for no mercy, nothing better than whooping your friends asses in that game with a Kenny that looks kinda like him and has none of his big moves.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

As long as we're conjuring the memory of old bad CAW sharing I am, as always, using any excuse possible to post the best video game CAW theme song of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22okVsQVXAM

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CarlCX posted:

As long as we're conjuring the memory of old bad CAW sharing I am, as always, using any excuse possible to post the best video game CAW theme song of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22okVsQVXAM

Wow, Mr Goldthwaite!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Bi o haz ard!!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Suplex Liberace posted:

I still look up caws online for no mercy, nothing better than whooping your friends asses in that game with a Kenny that looks kinda like him and has none of his big moves.

I remember back when IGN was still N64.com, they did some interview with Acclaim about the WWF Warzone game. And it was all fan questions. 90% of them were about the CAW tools with things like "Can you make Sable?" and their response would be "Yes, you can make Sable in the game"

Then the game comes out and this is the best you can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-NOhWkTwkI

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

didn't have time to read the above post but i was astonished at the image of that created wrestler; an exact likeness of sable. i'll be able to come back and read later on. thank you and i'll see you then

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

CAW is you enter a name & a one-line description and the AIEW autogenerates a cyclopean monstrosity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You enter Ace Steel and just get a sentient pair of those giant Joker teeth