Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Steal the cat. Steal the dog too if you can. gently caress assholes leaving animals in the heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sakurazuka posted:

I would like to forget everything from that

important baguette boy facts:

https://twitter.com/direGoldfish/status/1490719398138630149
https://twitter.com/direGoldfish/status/1490720655075065861

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Steal all the bioshock you can get away with

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
*in fridge corn voice* I've never played a bioshock

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought the first Bioshock was pretty good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

1 is good 2 is pretty good

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
1 is great, 2 is a better game but a worse story, infinite i liked a lot because it was so over the top stupid - a city in the sky, cmon now grandpa Levine, off to bed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Infinite is a fantastic setting entirely wasted, the best part of the game is the five minutes of wandering around calm Columbia before the combat starts

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bio Sock 2 owns

The multiplayer was surprisingly good for what it was too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Congrats on your free cat

They might not be a stray. That's the trouble of the situation. A girl from across the street claimed that they are her cats and she has described them, but she doesn't know their names and the cats she describes are every cat she sees. Same girl has said she wants to see our cats (they're indoor only) and that she will take them to be her cats. She has only ever used names that she has heard others saying.

So it'd be really easy to write this off as her just being a little kid and thinking every cat she sees is her cat, but the house she's from has been confirmed to own several cats before with all of said cats being kept almost entirely outside. They don't give them any collars or tags, they don't get them spayed or neutered, and it's just hard to figure out what to do. We can't bring in any cats because we already have 5 and the local shelter is at mass capacity and has made it clear that they cannot accept anyone new and euthanasia is more likely to occur.

Most we can do is just make sure they have some food. We plan to get some temp collars to attach to them with some kind of message attached to see if we can get any owner to contact us back about them, if they have a true owner, so we can try to get them to keep their cat inside. Don't want to be stealing anyone's cat unless there are very clear signs of abuse and neglect, which none of these cats have shown yet.

So uhh yeah thanks for the congrats on our new cat(s?)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Can the shelter at least help you TNR them?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
They have made suggestions to get a trap cage and see if we can get a local spay/neuter group to handle them as strays at a reduced price, but also I do not want the troubles that would arise from stealing someone's cat and having them spayed or neutered without the owner's consent or knowledge. I am unaware of how many of the outdoor cats are strays vs how many have owners who just let them wander outside.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

So it'd be really easy to write this off as her just being a little kid and thinking every cat she sees is her cat

I mean this is my thought process towards cats too, so I understand this girl.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the thing about trademark renewals is they have to be done on a yearly or at least periodical basis (at least in the US) so, like, looking to them as some sort of sign that there's gonna be a new game is kind of silly. rockstar renewed the trademark to Agent for like a decade beyond its death just so no one else could make a game with that name. i think at the 10th year you have to actually provide proof of existence so that's why companies don't just sit on trademarks forever. but if you're still releasing collections or using the brand in advertising or whatever, especially if you already have an existing product, you can probably extend the trademark as long as you're willing to

maybe konami will re-release the first two suikoden games as a two-pack, but konami is just gonna use emulation so, even if they licensed pcsx2 and followed GPL guidelines or w/e (which companies sure hate doing!!!), you'd still have a ton of slowdown with suikoden 5 for example

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 5, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

the thing about trademark renewals is they have to be done on a yearly basis (at least in the US) so, like, looking to them as some sort of sign that there's gonna be a new game is kind of silly. rockstar renewed the trademark to Agent for like a decade beyond its death just so no one else could make a game with that name

Yeah this, every time news comes out about a trademark renewal as some sort of hint that a game is coming back from the dead, 100% of the time it ends up being nothing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I mean this is my thought process towards cats too, so I understand this girl.

Well hopefully you don't go onto your neighbor's porch or around their house trying to peek in their windows tosee what cats are around for you to talk about taking

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I love the terrible metal song from ffx.
The one that goes "*unintelligible growling* ... Another world awaits you."

That track is terrible but FFX was a big part of my high school years so its big nostolgia

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Well hopefully you don't go onto your neighbor's porch or around their house trying to peek in their windows tosee what cats are around for you to talk about taking

Thankfully multiple cats come to chill in my backyard, and when I take my dog for a walk, there are always cats hanging out in the window of houses and apartments by where I live. So I get plenty of cats to look at.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Can't believe y'all are so openly bragging about your international cat thievery ring

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

People here are not obsessed about much, we are all broken people that are empty husks, but cats bring light and meaning into our lives.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

if cats didn't want to get stolen then they wouldn't be so goddamn cute

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/GarfieldScreens/status/1566574345698377728
with the heat, current mood

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Where did you get this picture of me? Where are the cameras?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

I dunno, I think it's a neat game, I just wish there was more of it. Slowly dying of neglect by Sega while they dig an ever deeper Sonic hole.

Well, that and predatory cash shop practices, but that's been endemic to PSO2 classic as well.

greetings from the sonic hole

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

lol at stage 4 of Ikaruga

I can do the first three stages pretty consistently now without continuing (except for those two bosses at the end of 3) but this section is a trainwreck

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I like Spyro a lot but there's just a handful of things between the three games that make me want to launch it into the ocean. Some of that is that I'm not great to begin with though.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 5, 2022

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ErrEff posted:

I was having a pretty good time not remembering Bioshock

The first like, hour of the first Bishock rules to be fair

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

I said come in! posted:

we are all broken people that are empty husks, but cats bring light and meaning into our lives.

yea thats why we love them so much and why we make sure all the cats outside have a space for warmth and food

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

People here are not obsessed about much, we are all broken people that are empty husks, but cats bring light and meaning into our lives.

Speak for yourself bud

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

I like Spyro a lot but there's just a handful of things between the three games that make me want to launch it into the ocean. Some of that is that I'm not great to begin with though.

:smug: trouble with the trolley, eh?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
another A press was saved today

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

lol at stage 4 of Ikaruga

I can do the first three stages pretty consistently now without continuing (except for those two bosses at the end of 3) but this section is a trainwreck

Yeah the PS4 port was on sale for £4 so I bought it and played through it on free play last week, never realised what utter bullshit the last two stages were until I'd played some other shmups and went back to it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

another A press was saved today

Oh poo poo was it the tick tock clock one?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I came across an arcade machine with Ikaruga on it a couple of weeks ago and found it really frustrating to play. I don't remember if this was the way it worked in the console version, and I'm not hooking up the Gamecube to try right now,
but on the Arcade version there was a shoot button and a change color button.
Now, I believe that the game would be roughly 100% better if you had two shoot buttons, one for black and one for white.

Anway, I took me roughly one continue to learn the controls and I never even got to the first boss.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i wonder if the DQ hot plate speedrunners have done any experiments to see if they can replicate the tik tok clock bit flip upwarp from ages past

it's still highly weird to me that no one else has ever had an upwarp of that same caliber happen despite how many games of SM64 have likely been played by the speedrunning community at this point

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrXqE6DDt0I&t=626s

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I came across an arcade machine with Ikaruga on it a couple of weeks ago and found it really frustrating to play. I don't remember if this was the way it worked in the console version, and I'm not hooking up the Gamecube to try right now,
but on the Arcade version there was a shoot button and a change color button.
Now, I believe that the game would be roughly 100% better if you had two shoot buttons, one for black and one for white.

Anway, I took me roughly one continue to learn the controls and I never even got to the first boss.

im not sure if the arcade version locks the difficulty or not but ikaruga on the hardest difficulty is brutal!

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
Decided to start over on Tales of Arise because I bought it day one but stalled at the third major area because of personal life stuff. Glad I did; I forgot a lot of stuff that happens in the story so far!

Also I'm having more fun in battles because I am using Alphen's Blazing Sword attacks way more than I did the first time. I'm all about hoarding healing items and being careful usually but I consciously made the decision to be more risky and use more HP draining attacks this go round. Anything I can do to get to those sick cinematic finishers is worth it!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Today I finished Immortality. It sure was a thing.

So far in 2022 I have completed:

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS5)
Windjammers 2
Nobody Saves the World
Returnal
Horizon Forbidden West
Elden Ring
Demon's Souls (2020)
Dark Souls 2
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
Stray
Diablo II Resurrected
Immortality

Up Next: Valkyrie Elysium maybe???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
(AI Somnium/Nirvana spoilers)lol that the explanation for Date looking/sounding like Saito again is that “ladies liked the old look more”, I’m not complaining since it means they didn’t bring the super problematic actor for Date’s real body back though. Also this game just seems super weird out of the gate, why is there just a giant man with a mascot bag on his head? Why is there a guy with a block for a face? Why did this high schooler just break out into a song/dance routine, followed by a man drunk off of non-alcoholic beer to propose to her?

Also there’s a horny eyeball now, I think I should hate her but the new protagonist’s response of silently dying on the inside makes it funny for some reason.