Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

I bet that when GT practices, they don't run the screens through to completion. They do the snap, the play setup, and the throw, but they don't continue through to the tackle and that this is the level of effort given during practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:ughh:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I tried to buy a season ticket for the Bama game and this happened

I don't think there's a way to remove the donation

I assume this is fine and normal at every school

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Seems fair to me

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

I. M. Gei posted:

I tried to buy a season ticket for the Bama game and this happened

I don't think there's a way to remove the donation

yeah, that's the case at most large schools.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Time for Stub Hub, I guess.

Also, I am appalled by that Georgia Tech clip. The coaches must be asleep at the switch. You don't need to be a 5* to run.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’m not sure I’d pay $640 to watch the tide play and I’m about a big of a homer as they come.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'm getting some news reports that Pitt should uh...eat poo poo? Seems weird but idk

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Don't expect a lot from me until Brian Kelly is gone.

gently caress Brian Kelly

To be clear it has to do with the fact that I think he's a bad human being.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 6, 2022

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

yeah, that's the case at most large schools.

I'm amazed that they even have single game tickets at that price point for a huge opponent.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I saw one of those live and was shocked he just didn't even try to block a dude. That first one would have gone for 20+ more yards if he put in any effort.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

A.o.D. posted:

To be clear it has to do with the fact that I think he's objectively a bad human being.

fixed

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
The cheapest season tickets at UH are $99 - $79 for the tickets and $20 "donation", while the most expensive (non-suite) are $1700 total, with $300 for the tickets and a $1400 donation. A&M's cheapest are $315+25, while the most expensive are $614+$4410.

I'm guessing you're stuck with those because the cheaper tickets are already gone and there's probably a wait list for them

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm getting some news reports that Pitt should uh...eat poo poo? Seems weird but idk

I have seen some news of Vols, Bitch

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

I’m not sure I’d pay $640 to watch the tide play and I’m about a big of a homer as they come.

They're way cheaper on Stubhub. For the lovely seats anyway.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I wish Ohio State and Notre Dame played week 1 of every season; then we'd get to largely ignore the loser for at least the next 8 weeks of the season.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I. M. Gei posted:

Minnesota has all season ticket prices "the same", but the quality of your seats is based on donation size. That's how it is for hockey at least, I think football did it the same way when we had those.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Looking up the player involved, he probably would have been one of Tech's best recruits. Not just on the line, but overall.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

PostNouveau posted:

I am not good at heights

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

PostNouveau posted:

That’s a bit more within reason. I’ve been debating going to the Bama/Vol game as it’s up this way this year but I’m not sure I can make it work unless I leave the Mrs. and baby at home. Would love to take my father-in-law to the game as he’s never been to one, but I doubt that will happen.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
After taking down the mighty Ball State Cardinals, Vols are ranked at #24

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
SAS CFB Fantasy Football League

Since interest has been waning and people disappearing, I wanted to post weekly recaps/previews for our little fantasy league. Already got the ✅ from the mods to mix a little fantasy into the main aftermath thread, so hope y'all don't mind.

Some background: This league has been going for over a decade (this is our 14th or 15th season, if I recall correctly), and has seats for 20 players, typically in 4 divisions. We have 15 playing this year, and with the odd number, we shoved everyone into a single goonpile. Since 2019, we've played 2 matchups a week to try to even out scheduling luck, while in 2020 we added all the Funbelt and Maction to our player roster to keep the player pool huge. We've kept those leagues around since going back to normal. We'll play a 3 round playoff starting in week 11 with 6 teams making it into the playoffs and the rest playing in some sort of consolation braket. Webbeh usually runs the league, but he's disappeared into having an adult family, so Taxes and I are currently weekend at bernie's'ing the corpse of the league. Still a whole lot of fun.

Week 1 saw some rough matchups, with the #1 and #2 scorers facing off, the #6 scorer going 1-1 and the #7 going 0-2.

Standout performances

Cristo Balls and ACL tears (@Dilber) breaks 300 points and defeats Shough it off (@kayakyakr) and EMOTIONAL BLITZING (@LeeMajors) on the back of 99 points from Bryce Young.
Shough it off (@kayakyakr) got 81 from UCLA QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson, scoring the 2nd highest of the week, but it was only good for a 1-1 record.
TAXES has decided to no longer make us guess when we fear facing him in the schedule. He had the 3rd highest performance of the week with a standout 42 points from Bijan Robinson.
TreVeyon my wayward son (@The Piper) got 83 from Tanner Modecai and 76 from the USC defense, but that wasn't enough to overcome either of their two opponents.
Mike Sherman's Alouettes (@Mr. World) is the lowest scoring double winner this week, pulling 200 points out of Texas A&M.

@Komet, sorry about your week.

Week 1 Standings:
pre:
Rk	Team						W-L-T	GB	FPts
1	Cristo Balls and ACL tears			2-0-0	0	609.5
2	TAXES						2-0-0	0	526
3	The Mailman Always Delivers			2-0-0	0	506
4	Fat Shirtless State Guys			2-0-0	0	494
5	Two Safeties One Field Goal			2-0-0	0	463.5
6	Mike Sherman's Alouettes			2-0-0	0	401
7	Shough it off					1-1-0	1	545
8	EMOTIONAL BLITZING				1-1-0	1	485
9	Beamer's Steamers				1-1-0	1	386.5
10	TreVeyon my wayward son				0-2-0	2	482
11	Rich Rod's Rage Face				0-2-0	2	456
12	University of Phoenix				0-2-0	2	388
13	Phyllis From Mulga				0-2-0	2	322
14	Florida #1 Spreader Offense in the NCAA		0-2-0	2	306.5
15	The Paterno People				0-2-0	2	279
e: the league veterans know that the keys to doing well in this league are in the FA market. We process Thursday morning, and then we really see how the season will shake out.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 6, 2022

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

I wish Ohio State and Notre Dame played week 1 of every season; then we'd get to largely ignore the loser for at least the next 8 weeks of the season.

Waaaaayyyyyyy too many Irish Redemption Stories in that timeline.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Even if Texas beats Bama which they won't, they'd immediately blow it against some cupcakes on the schedule anyways. It is written in the time honored code of college football.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

dirty shrimp money posted:

Sark spent his entire Labor Day publicly apologizing in advance to the boosters for the rear end whooping UT is going to get on Saturday, it’s not going to happen.

btw hear me out on this one…El Penix

Yes when the ESPN headline is "Sark: Bama game may not 'define' Longhorns" you should be glad if it's a loss less than two touchdowns

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Think this week might be the most important one for Mizzou this season. They're at K-State in an old Big 8/12 rivalry match and if they pull off the upset, I think you gotta pencil them in as at minimum, able to go toe-to-toe with the Kentucky, South Carolina, and Florida (unless they are Back Baby) tier of the East and finish with at least 7 wins. If they stay competitive but lose by less than a score, they're probably a 6-6 team. If they lose badly, then it's probably a 4-5 win season.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Wait Stetson Bennett got the greatest NIL deal

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34502659/georgia-bulldogs-qb-stetson-bennett-ready-more

quote:

The aforementioned mailman skit was actually a TV commercial for a real estate development and investment management firm. He also has NIL deals with a power company, bank, clothing line, software firm, chicken restaurant, trading cards, autograph memorabilia and AARP (he turns 25 on Oct. 28).

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

A.o.D. posted:

See you in a few years :(

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

A.o.D. posted:

To be clear it has to do with the fact that I think he's a bad human being.

Seems like a silly reason not to like a coach

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yes when the ESPN headline is "Sark: Bama game may not 'define' Longhorns" you should be glad if it's a loss less than two touchdowns

Here’s my assumptions:
Bama beats texas by 17, but it’s by going up a whole bunch early and coasting in the second half because Saban likes Sark.

Bama grinds A&M into paste by 35+ with no mercy because Jimbo pissed Saban off and he demands blood for the blood god. By then everyone has forgotten that Bama clearly let off the gas versus Texas and Texas is retroactively awarded a quality loss.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

General Dog posted:

Seems like a silly reason not to like a coach

it's a perfectly good reason to not like a coach, it just ignores the fact that every coach is a bad person and we all have to live with that cognitive dissonance

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Seems like a suboptimal method for punting

https://twitter.com/ArkyShea/status/1566135403194753025?s=20&t=R7S45YSPfKjGRtRmmoF1Aw

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Seaniqua posted:

it's a perfectly good reason to not like a coach, it just ignores the fact that every coach is a bad person and we all have to live with that cognitive dissonance

One could also argue that Brian Kelly is a bad human being compared to other coaches, which ups the ante quite a bit.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
God he’s such a dick.

https://twitter.com/kmess22/status/1567300187638448130?s=21&t=4ggbA3EyVWjmyZZVp6ezcA

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The cajun accent didn't last long huh

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Mike_V posted:

Think this week might be the most important one for Mizzou this season. They're at K-State in an old Big 8/12 rivalry match and if they pull off the upset, I think you gotta pencil them in as at minimum, able to go toe-to-toe with the Kentucky, South Carolina, and Florida (unless they are Back Baby) tier of the East and finish with at least 7 wins. If they stay competitive but lose by less than a score, they're probably a 6-6 team. If they lose badly, then it's probably a 4-5 win season.

K-State opened as -9.5 favorites and honestly? I do not see it. It won't be an easy game (K-State has been up for this one, at least going by Online) but if Drink can quit calling ten million screen passes/start Peat at RB, I think we'll be fine. The defense is much improved in just about all facets, which is good.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Seaniqua posted:

There's being a workaholic rear end in a top hat and then there's... Whatever the hell his whole deal is. Miles and Orgeron had their own charisma. Kelley is tripping almost every bad vibe detector I have.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

There's being a workaholic rear end in a top hat and then there's... Whatever the hell his whole deal is. Miles and Orgeron had their own charisma. Kelley is tripping almost every bad vibe detector I have.

The story of Robert Saleh and Matt LaFleur getting invited to his house for a party only to end up shoveling snow and valeting cars when they got there is quite something.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

A.o.D. posted:

He’s such an egomaniac. It’s wild.

My bad vibe detector went off when he let a student volunteer fall out of the troposphere because recording practice in a tempest is very very important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Troy Queef posted:

K-State opened as -9.5 favorites and honestly? I do not see it. It won't be an easy game (K-State has been up for this one, at least going by Online) but if Drink can quit calling ten million screen passes/start Peat at RB, I think we'll be fine. The defense is much improved in just about all facets, which is good.

If the run defense is as good as it appears to be, I think the Tigers take it because the Wildcat passing game is non-existent. I also hope Brady Cook tucks and runs it whenever possible to give the Cats something to think about too