Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Is that the Spongebob Squarepants universe version of that singer?

Did his kid fall out the window and float to the surface?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

This, but clamping a guitar

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
The accompanying visual definitely has some possibilities

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK3sLw0-80c

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yeah, I think that thumbnail really tells me all I need to know and I can safely skip watching.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

while I think Deke is an interesting dude, and a ton more mindful than most people on that path, he's really reckless at times.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I hear Clampton’s a big ramcist

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Honestly I figured you just reach the regret tipping point and just say “what the hell(?)” and go for it.

And what qualifies those who shouldn’t get them? I’m curious now.

There's the kind of person who doesn't appreciate the human hand in the work and think tattoo artists are basically human photocopiers. I know that's kinda stupid to say in a thread like this where we are mocking shite work but even the best artists out there are working against their own hands and how squirmy their client might be that day, never mind how it'll heal after with blowouts or whatever. They're the sort who will go home with a new tattoo and just STARE at it for hours until they loving haaate it.

We also get people who are in very deep dark places looking for things, usually it's someone dealing with grief, sometimes we get people in on the way to a wake. Usually we get people to wait a month or two for the shock of losing someone to pass before getting a poo poo load of work done. That's not like, you know "DAD RIP 77-22" we are talking massive pieces although my boss did once cut off a local woman who kept getting her dead husband's name tattooed on her. Eventually she came around and I've been removing them for her, they just remind her of how much she misses him now.

And then yeah Drunks and Junkies and poo poo, I've only experience in trying to pierce someone who isn't sober and it sucks balls. Couldn't imagine trying to tattoo someone like that, let alone the obvious ethical issue.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I don’t like to think that there are people getting “DAD RIP” tattoos for dads born after me

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol you’re old

so am I :negative:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Having an 18ish year old kid at 45 and also being dead isn't super out the ordinary for round here (also if you are like 35)

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Shoehead posted:

Having an 18ish year old kid at 45 and also being dead isn't super out the ordinary for round here (also if you are like 35)

Where do you live, the Middle Ages?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Either that or Ohio.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Medieval Times

Lawrenceville Alabama

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I have three different friends who lost their dads when they were teens. Every bell curve has two ends. :shrug:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The bellends are in the other tattoo thread

History Comes Inside! has a new favorite as of 18:28 on Sep 2, 2022

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

DandyLion posted:

Medieval Times

Lawrenceville Alabama

I was gonna say Arab, Alabama, but OK.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

quote:

A Florida man has been arrested for what cops are describing as a sick obsession with school shootings and killing animals after he allegedly placed several on a memorial dedicated to the victims of the Parkland school shooting.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Has that guy had his eyes tattooed or are the colors in the photo hosed up?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Those are definitely scleral tattoos

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I have three different friends who lost their dads when they were teens. Every bell curve has two ends. :shrug:

Yeah, my mum died when she was 42. People still die young.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
A guy in my class lost both parents in the space of a year when we were around 16. A few other kids I knew lost parents in their teens before school was done. There were a lot of heavy smokers and drinkers just keeling over in their late thirties or early forties in my town

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
A whole bunch of people died young on my dad's side of the family. We always thought it was a history of heart disease, but it turns out living in Libby, Montana and inhaling asbestos all the time is detrimental to one's health :v:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

A whole bunch of people died young on my dad's side of the family. We always thought it was a history of heart disease, but it turns out living in Libby, Montana and inhaling asbestos all the time is detrimental to one's health :v:

JFC, I had no idea...
https://www.asbestos.com/jobsites/libby/

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How weirdly appropriate that the tattoo thread is full of people with no dad?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

some plague rats posted:

How weirdly appropriate that the tattoo thread is full of people with no dad?

:lmao:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Here, have a half hour video of a very nervous British plainskin give one of his employees a tattoo after only a few hours of training:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYsDN6-XRrc

Yep, that final result sure looks it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Immediately guessed who that was just from the description lol.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:nws: 'Gay Pride' :nws:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That looks 'shopped, especially the text.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

That is definitely not real

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah, text is shopped, tattoo is shopped.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Is nothing sacred?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

PancakeTransmission posted:

Most of my tattoos are "lol remember this one-off Simpsons joke?" and one is a band-inspired tattoo. Another is some cool art that the artist turned into linework. I was gonna use the other limb for blackwork but the artist moved interstate :( . Ya don't need some deep meaning if you enjoy it.

Plus it's going to make someone's day to see Kirk's pictionary "Dignity", Milpool, or Handsome Pete tattooed on you

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Can confirm, definitely have had people light up when they see my "Everything's coming up Milhouse" tattoo.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Feel inspired!

There are many people with variations of all of the above and they are all bad go figure

Edit just realized 2 is the same star wars text as 4 figured it was just a generic I'm tough tat

Macksy has a new favorite as of 02:49 on Sep 7, 2022

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Macksy posted:

Feel inspired!

I, too, like to inspire myself with the dying words of a man whose selfish ambition resulted in untold suffering and rendered him trapped in the ruins of his own hubris, making a last futile assertion of strength before his mind-controlled bastard son beats him to death with a golf club

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

this is so embarrassing

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

this is so embarrassing

jesus christ I'm in absolute awe at how bad that one sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Macksy posted:

Feel inspired!

Christ. Arent the ribs an especially painful spot to get tattooed too?