Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Oh this is real cept for tlou stuff thats in there fkr some reason

Sh2r and sh5demo
https://imgur.com/a/me2eDZ3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Obligatory "is it PT???" post

e for real though is it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

thanks for the dude that helped me find a new ps4 hard drive, it's working! reinstalling a game on it at a blazing 2.5 mb/s lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Oh this is real cept for tlou stuff thats in there fkr some reason

Sh2r and sh5demo
https://imgur.com/a/me2eDZ3

Bloober Team should not be allowed to work on IPs with any sort of promise to them

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

whhops

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

kirbysuperstar posted:

Bloober Team should not be allowed to work on IPs with any sort of promise to them

I mean I think c-tier devs who are assigned to a major IP can still come into their own and shine with proper guidance from veteran developers (like Mercury Steam did with Metroid Dread) but lmao at the idea that they’d ever get that kind of guidance from Konami

acksplode
May 17, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Bloober Team should not be allowed

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Any of y'all know how the Judgment sequel runs on PS4, or should I just wait until I get a PS5?

I'm seeing some comments elsewhere that it basically runs the same as the first game, which ran fine (in my layman's opinion), but figured I'd ask here.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

The story goes that Konami was really excited after seeing RE2 remake sales numbers but didn’t want to take the time and put the work in themselves so contracted Bloobwr who promised to get the job done quick.

I don’t think Konami understands that Silent Hill, while popular, was never a blockbuster in the scale of Resident Evil. This reminds me of the 00s/early 10s when Japanese companies were chasing call of duty/gears money

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Just tried out Deep Rock Galactic (was free with PS+ a few months ago, IIRC) with a friend, pretty good stuff. I was worried the dwarf stuff would veer into cringe territory but it's not too bad.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Just tried out Deep Rock Galactic (was free with PS+ a few months ago, IIRC) with a friend, pretty good stuff. I was worried the dwarf stuff would veer into cringe territory but it's not too bad.

You can plug a mouse and keyboard and play it like on PC if you want. Fun game.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Guillermus posted:

You can plug a mouse and keyboard and play it like on PC if you want. Fun game.

Oh whaaaat? Nice! That will definitely help.

I remember assuming Diablo 2 Resurrected would allow KB+M and being very unimpressed when I found out it didn't.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Oh whaaaat? Nice! That will definitely help.

I remember assuming Diablo 2 Resurrected would allow KB+M and being very unimpressed when I found out it didn't.

Quake 1 console ports support mouse and keyboard too.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DRG is great. Up there with Rocket League imo as one of the best ps+ games ever.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My PlayStation 4 has died, options?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Iron Crowned posted:

My PlayStation 4 has died, options?

Hold a national day of mourning and spend millions of tax payer dollars to host an extravagant funeral.

Joking aside, depends on what you want to do - PS5s are easier to find now (though pricier, I think), but depending on how its died, you could always see if there's an option to fix it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Morpheus posted:

Hold a national day of mourning and spend millions of tax payer dollars to host an extravagant funeral.

Joking aside, depends on what you want to do - PS5s are easier to find now (though pricier, I think), but depending on how its died, you could always see if there's an option to fix it.

Unfortunately, it seems like it's the blue light of death

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Might be worth a try and contact support and at least ask if it's fixable. Depending on where you live, getting another PS4 might be expensive enough to justify paying for a possible repair or even get a PS5 if you can.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
How is Cyberpunk on ps4 now, did they iron out the kinks

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
do not get cyberpunk 2077 on the PlayStation 4

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Steve Yun posted:

No. They made it not as trash as before but it is still clearly more game than the PS4 was meant to handle

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

It is so trash they have officially announced they're just not supporting last gen consoles at all anymore including the DLC.

Don't worry though, they made sure the anime tie-in includes a scantly clad extremely underage looking girl because they didn't want to tell the anime studio no.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 20, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh for sure dude

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh for sure dude

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/09/18/cdpr-wanted-to-cut-cyberpunk-edgerunners-best-character-trigger-said-no/?sh=1c9d1202c30e

“She's best girl, but I feel a little bit guilty to say it because I was one of the people on the creative team to actually vote Rebecca out of the original cast during pre-production. CD Projekt Red first got the character design for Rebecca and they were like 'She's a loli. Lolis don't exist in Night City. It doesn't fit the Cyberpunk 2077 aesthetic'."

Trigger’s response, according the developer: “No, the loli must stay.”

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Good loving lord they actually used the L word on purpose

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh for sure dude

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Playstation 4 thread

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Either way definitely do not play it on a base PS4 or even a PS4 Pro

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Don't worry though, they made sure the anime tie-in includes a scantly clad extremely underage looking girl because they didn't want to tell the anime studio no.

thanks for sharing???

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anime tiddy girls are weird but being so bothered about them that you bring it up unprompted is also real weird

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

anime tiddies anime tiddies anime tiddies

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Playstation

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Augus posted:

thanks for sharing???

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Escobarbarian posted:

Anime tiddy girls are weird but being so bothered about them that you bring it up unprompted is also real weird

Well I think he’s more upset at the lack of big anime honkers

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Unfortunately, it seems like it's the blue light of death

You have a few things you can try, whether it's worth it will depend on what model PS4 it is, the earlier it is the easier/cheaper it will be. I had a look online and it doesn't look like causes of this are too extreme (you probably won't have to replace a motherboard or solder anything), but these aren't guarantees.

First, even though it's out of warranty, you CAN send it to Sony and pay them like $100 to fix it. As long as the console is physically fine (you didn't obviously drop it or smash it) and doesn't have bugs inside of it they'll do it (and if they decide not to they won't charge you anything, even eating the shipping cost to and from their repair centre). ymmv but I've had a few fixed this way in Canada and it was around a 1-week turnaround every time, including during the pandemic.

If you don't want to go this route, here are things you can try:

- It may be possible to fix this in software, so see if you can get into safe mode and try some stuff, up to and including a full factory reset, although that'll kill your saves and screenshots that you didn't upload elsewhere, as well as unsynced trophies. If it works it's free.

- This will also kill your saves/screenshots that weren't backed up, but you can try replacing the hard drive. These are quite cheap because they're standard laptop hard drives (make sure you get sufficiently thin ones, the chunkier ones won't fit), and you can pull one from an existing laptop if you have one lying around if you don't want to spend the money. 2.5" SSDs also work. In either case, you'll also need a USB stick that you download the PS4 firmware to, the file you want is the "full restore" one that's around a gig.

- Finally, you can try to replace the power supply. Since this is proprietary you will have to special order one from somewhere. Prices might be different now, but PSUs for "wedge" PS4s were around $50 and they go up in price depending on how recent the model is, with PS4 Pros being expensive enough that you probably want to go the Sony route if you can. This isn't too onerous to do but you do need to remove the warranty stickers and use one of those security torx drivers to open it, these are cheap and readily available on Amazon. If you do this without loving with the hard drive you can avoid losing any data.

Steve Yun posted:

The store page actively discourages you from playing the game on a base or slim PS4. You CAN do it, and it's mostly crash-free now, but it's a rough time and you really feel the console struggling with certain things.

PS4 Pro is somewhat unofficially the "minimum specs" for the game in PC terms. The game for the most part is stable and has decent performance if you're patched to 1.5 or 1.6. That said, it won't be getting any further patches, you have to go next gen for that, which is what you want to do if you can.

All of that being said, the disc version with all of the "day one" bundled physical extras has been as low as $10 Canadian and it upgrades free to the PS5 version with a disc drive.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Escobarbarian posted:

They really tripled down on Aloy owning various religious people in HFW, at least in the first area. I keep thinking a crowd of people are going to come out of nowhere and start clapping. It’s so heavy that I honestly kind of wonder if they’re leading up to subverting it in some way later on.

I actually enjoy Aloy being super turbo smart mary sue atheist also apparently I had that quote saved for over 212 days lol

Kilometers Davis posted:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

univbee posted:

You have a few things you can try, whether it's worth it will depend on what model PS4 it is, the earlier it is the easier/cheaper it will be. I had a look online and it doesn't look like causes of this are too extreme (you probably won't have to replace a motherboard or solder anything), but these aren't guarantees.

First, even though it's out of warranty, you CAN send it to Sony and pay them like $100 to fix it. As long as the console is physically fine (you didn't obviously drop it or smash it) and doesn't have bugs inside of it they'll do it (and if they decide not to they won't charge you anything, even eating the shipping cost to and from their repair centre). ymmv but I've had a few fixed this way in Canada and it was around a 1-week turnaround every time, including during the pandemic.

If you don't want to go this route, here are things you can try:

- It may be possible to fix this in software, so see if you can get into safe mode and try some stuff, up to and including a full factory reset, although that'll kill your saves and screenshots that you didn't upload elsewhere, as well as unsynced trophies. If it works it's free.

- This will also kill your saves/screenshots that weren't backed up, but you can try replacing the hard drive. These are quite cheap because they're standard laptop hard drives (make sure you get sufficiently thin ones, the chunkier ones won't fit), and you can pull one from an existing laptop if you have one lying around if you don't want to spend the money. 2.5" SSDs also work. In either case, you'll also need a USB stick that you download the PS4 firmware to, the file you want is the "full restore" one that's around a gig.

- Finally, you can try to replace the power supply. Since this is proprietary you will have to special order one from somewhere. Prices might be different now, but PSUs for "wedge" PS4s were around $50 and they go up in price depending on how recent the model is, with PS4 Pros being expensive enough that you probably want to go the Sony route if you can. This isn't too onerous to do but you do need to remove the warranty stickers and use one of those security torx drivers to open it, these are cheap and readily available on Amazon. If you do this without loving with the hard drive you can avoid losing any data.

Yeah, it's about 8 years old, one of the Destiny bundle versions. I'm in the process of moving, so I'll probably just wait until that's all done before I figure out what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

kirbysuperstar posted:

Either way definitely do not play it on a base PS4 or even a PS4 Pro
I got it on launch prior to them removing it from the store, and it ran fine on my Pro. I wouldn't try it on a base model, though.