Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the faraday cage will help you save data on your phone bills too :smuggo:

realistically though, you can do stuff like get a discreet un-networked GPS for navigation, use a little notepad/calendar to keep track of your poo poo etc and realize you don't actually need to have a phone/internet/dumbshit machine on you 24/7 and reap the mental health benefits as well as privacy from commercial interests

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 20:15 on Sep 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

what do you think will provoke more interest from a surveillance state, a person who's a clearly intentional black hole of data, or a person who's got a handful of mostly ignored social media accounts and who seems to behave like any other mindless drone

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

im gonna gently caress the moon

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

like i say, if you have poo poo to do, like attacking radar's secret base, you live two lives, and one of them is psychotically technophobic and openly babbles about a butlerian jihad; you need a data profile that screams "i'm just meat ignore me i am meat please don't put me on the domestic phoenix kill list" normie poo poo like liking kink tweets on your main twitter account but that part isn't real except the cum

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

one mans faraday cage is another mans inside out mylar balloon

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

endocriminologist posted:

Why aren't there any small ufos. I'd hang out with a bunch of ufos the size!kf say a hamster and I'd play with them and give them ufo treats

This is how you get the Phantasm movies. Do you want the Phantasm movies?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Wheeee posted:

what do you think will provoke more interest from a surveillance state, a person who's a clearly intentional black hole of data, or a person who's got a handful of mostly ignored social media accounts and who seems to behave like any other mindless drone

I'm pretty much just talking about business interests. I'm sure using Desktop Debian Linux already puts me on several (extremely stupid, overreaching) lists. not taking a smartphone with you everywhere does wonders for concentration and general calmness imo

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 22:45 on Sep 6, 2022

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

List of p'nti who are way too into riverdance:

-radar
-gary
-yet to be revealed grand galactic leader "schmoo"

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

Too Many Birds posted:

i'm gonna moon the moon

and hope to vishnu it fucks my buns

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I painted this little fella today

I don't know what it is but it feels like it could fit here :shrug:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

this owns

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Too Many Birds posted:

gonna get ur rocks off?

eyyyyy

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

well actually the moon is

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rudeboy Detective posted:

well actually the moon is

that's a cheesy joke

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdtXMtJrcfs

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i wonder how intricate the moonbound astronaut cum on the moon plans were. scientifically speaking. no way there was was no deposit made fly boys are going to gently caress the moon.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ive thought about it for a second and i think id try to smuggle aboard a chapstick style delivery system with a condensed and colored payload. then i would find a giant moonrock and write the word "cum" on it

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Keep your ambiguous appendages to yourself radar!!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

D-Pad posted:

There was a great bird sighting in Austin. Multiple witnesses and multiple videos. The videos are very good.

The best part of the segment is when they interview a drone expert who claims it's a drone before immediately cutting to a video showing the bird zooming off at a stupid rate of speed.

https://youtu.be/lZxjTzl--qg
well this is a little odd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC4GjUJNFDk

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

those are just little drones lol

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
eyes I dare not meet in dreams / here in death s dream kingdom

https://twitter.com/supercomposite/status/1567162288087470081?s=21&t=PKbvh-83UEfWpJi322Hnkg

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
The artificial noosphere has nightmares and as it learns its biases from those that create it of course its a woman lol

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

If I had to I’d probably pick a different more pleasant name to call her than Loab.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Hey Loab what’s happenin’ in your neck of the woods

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

:cry:

and some people think letting AI design spaceships is the way to go! theyd all turn out like a hellraiser movie where the warp drive runs on anguish and the hull is made from living skin. like lexx actually lol

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/alexhanna/status/1567275006773858304?s=20&t=E6J4cvrLYnCu7ssZOMMDew

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

that whole thing is stupid as poo poo

"i asked the computer to output the same character in a bunch of different contexts and ill be god damned it did it!"

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The Saucer Hovers posted:

that whole thing is stupid as poo poo

"i asked the computer to output the same character in a bunch of different contexts and ill be god damned it did it!"

Yeah this, it's equivalent to getting spooked by some obviously fake creepy paste 10 years ago. The number of leaps in magical thinking you have to go through to conclude that AI will design evil space ships from this dumbass image is at least 50.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

yes that poster was definitely putting into words a sincere and considered belief

you have no theory of mind, do you? every time you post it’s just completely oblivious projection on your part

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

AI is actually fully evil, for sure, but it's evil in that "this poo poo will make it easier to enslave us" way and not "a literal cyber-demon"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I dreamt i was with/among spiritual exiles; one of them was a devil that ran a pizza parlor/gambling house and also handled an episcopal church via correspondence like he ran the church 100% no jokes no bullshit and like prayers would come in on card sheets and there was an employee despondently tossing prayers that the demon couldnt or wouldn't dignify with an answer so it was like outsourced work

It made a lot of money for him though

Very important stuff I am basically a dream prophet wow

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sleekly posted:

:cry:

and some people think letting AI design spaceships is the way to go! theyd all turn out like a hellraiser movie where the warp drive runs on anguish and the hull is made from living skin. like lexx actually lol

The lexx was powered by horniness, you're thinking of the event horizon

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Riot Bimbo posted:

AI is actually fully evil, for sure, but it's evil in that "this poo poo will make it easier to enslave us" way and not "a literal cyber-demon"

kinda surprising that human people would create something evil that could be used to do evil things

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Humans need training and a few turns around the wheel to get better but i think we can get there if guided

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
got stable diffusion running

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

some lue dislike:

https://uapx-media.medium.com/my-search-for-the-truth-about-ufos-part-3-red-flags-red-flags-everywhere-c6fe43021dbd

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Here's some interesting poo poo I captured over the weekend.

A little while back I posted about the effects of psilocybin while viewing an enormous desert lightning storm - noting that for whatever reason, it appeared as though being high was allowing me to notice these shimmering orbs that popped into existence for a split second after some of the lightning strikes, almost as if they were 'playing the lightning back' to us. My sober partner couldn't see them.

We wound up back in the desert again this weekend, and as luck would have it, in the middle of another massive lightning storm. This time while sober, and with my night vision handy, we caught 4 (!) lightning sprites in the span of about 15 minutes.

https://i.imgur.com/zJ5YEsf.mp4

Shot through an iPhone attached to a PVS14 in high FPS slow-mo mode (because in actuality the sprites materialize for ~ a millisecond), this sprite in particular looks exactly like what I was seeing while high in the desert. Orbs!!!

https://i.imgur.com/SDPpkCb.mp4

The most well-formed 'tendril-y' sprite we captured:

I'm not even bummed that my orbs are probably a rare natural luminous phenomena because they're so loving cool! That also brings up an interesting line of questions about psilocybin and the default network mode - why was I able to partially perceive sprites while high? More research required, clearly.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Sean Cahill does give weird vibes, not sure what to think about him. Other than I don't really think he knows too much about the truth, but is less grifter and more true believer/hippy type. Dude was a ship cop and never trust a cop.

lmao

quote:

I found it interesting how Jen stood an apparent two to three inches taller than Lue. I don’t remember if it was Lue, Jen herself, or Sean who mentioned it to me, but apparently, Jen is of Russian descent.

Tiny Lue and his Large Russian Wife

my bony fealty has issued a correction as of 21:17 on Sep 7, 2022

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Objurium posted:

A little while back I posted about the effects of psilocybin while viewing an enormous desert lightning storm - noting that for whatever reason, it appeared as though being high was allowing me to notice these shimmering orbs that popped into existence for a split second after some of the lightning strikes, almost as if they were 'playing the lightning back' to us. My sober partner couldn't see them.

We wound up back in the desert again this weekend, and as luck would have it, in the middle of another massive lightning storm. This time while sober, and with my night vision handy, we caught 4 (!) lightning sprites in the span of about 15 minutes.

Shot through an iPhone attached to a PVS14 in high FPS slow-mo mode (because in actuality the sprites materialize for ~ a millisecond), this sprite in particular looks exactly like what I was seeing while high in the desert. Orbs!!!

I'm not even bummed that my orbs are probably a rare natural luminous phenomena because they're so loving cool! That also brings up an interesting line of questions about psilocybin and the default network mode - why was I able to partially perceive sprites while high? More research required, clearly.

this is fuckin badass im jealous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Objurium posted:

cool