Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Maybe but Stenberg plays Left Guard and nothing else.

Campbell isn't volunteering either. Suggested they move Penei to guard and have Nelson play RT. Which would be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/1567554591788613632?t=EFAgFe_OQwb0cd_OLXhdJw&s=19

It's gonna be real funny if every year the Lions pick a player they cut to join the coaching staff.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1567564425594290177?s=20&t=yUadhvmbBaBQbgybZbG02g

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
Chicago area bears

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Chicago-adjacent ursines

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

More like the Bear-Ly in Chicago

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Chicago(land) Bears

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

this is apropos of nothing but if the Bears dump Fields and draft a QB with a top 3 pick next season i'm going to go loving insane

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Bears' new stadium needs to incorporate the Bears "C" logo.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013
It's going to be a big ADM logo. That's how the NFL works in 2022.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Soldiers of Fortune Field presented by Blackwater

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Pontius Pilate posted:

A little over 9 years ago, my then roommate (who worked in pharma QA), got home late one evening, a bit tipsy and told me that everyone at his company got laid off at 10 that morning, even selling the building. Power was turned off at 1pm. He spent the rest of the day taking in a Cubs game with some work friends.

The company was owned by Blackwater, and the location not too far from Arlington Heights.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Pontius Pilate posted:

That might make me become a Bears fan.

Modest proposal: the NFL should copy a page from the WWE, name it "Trump Field," then market the Bears in the heel role. They mostly loose, so it kinda works thematically.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Late, but

Welcome to Mitchburg

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

GNU Order posted:

this is apropos of nothing but if the Bears dump Fields and draft a QB with a top 3 pick next season i'm going to go loving insane

Nah it’s destiny that Fields shows just enough that they don’t use a high pick on a qb, improve enough to be a middle tier team, then Fields flames out and they are stuck with not high enough draft picks and or vet retreads at qb.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
He's already The Guy when throwing on the run.
Except being on the run all the time is how you get hurt and then you can't be on the run anymore.
He either develops into the pocket passer Nagy wanted or he's done soon.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Evening of the Seventh Day.
91 hours remain.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Kraemer is now limited, Ragnow is limited. Sewell did in fact get reps at guard in practice.

this is so stupid.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wait forgot to say lol the Bears are going to build a dome

But what about BEAR WEATHER

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pops Mgee posted:

But what about BEAR WEATHER

BEAR WEATHER will now be a tepid 65 just like the team.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bear weather bans are the worst

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I look forward to not watching any bears games for the first two months of the season when it is still nice out but taping them and then watching for like 20 minutes before googling the score and seeing that they lost like 45-6.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
San Francisco 49ers play in Santa Clara

The Los Angeles Rams play in Inglewood

The Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington

The New York Jets and Giants play in New Jersey

Who cares if the Bears don't play IN Chicago

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This seems made up but maybe cool

https://twitter.com/jacobinfante24/status/1567692138896302080?t=MxmEYdZHzs35qr0C1ZUyew&s=19

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I can't wait to see which 26-year-old Arlington will draft with this compensatory pick.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Found in the Waffleimages randomizer:

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

SirPablo posted:

San Francisco 49ers play in Santa Clara

The Los Angeles Rams play in Inglewood

The Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington

The New York Jets and Giants play in New Jersey

Who cares if the Bears don't play IN Chicago

Six wrongs don't make a right.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Shrimpy posted:

Six wrongs don't make a right.

Gotta agree. I'll actually give the Giants and Jets a pass IMO because even in the 1970's, there was no way you could pry an inch of land inside NYC city limits out of the hands of its real estate developers, but the other ones are just asinine. San Francisco's particularly pisses me off, and you seriously couldn't get ahold of a big plot of land in DALLAS? The city is like half parking lot!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
It’s a minor reason of why I like Chicago, but I always thought it was neat that all its major league sports stadiums were actually within the city and accessible by transit, some more than others tbf—haven’t put too much thought into it but does any other city have the big four all within their city limits, or close to it? LA, NY, Boston, SF/SJ, Dallas, DC, Detroit, Twin Cities(? less sure on that, forgive me nfcn Minnesotagoons), all fail I think, any I’m missing? Cities with three that qualify?

e: sorry I forgot you philly as a major market, and I think Pittsburgh qualifies for three within city limits; apologies to Pennsylvania and my husband

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 8, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I believe Houston has three inside city limits. Although that’s practically cheating since it’s humongous and has lots of empty space.

Cleveland has NFL, MLB, and NBA in the city, if we’re considering Cleveland major. No NHL team, but they have an AHL hockey team in the city as well.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1567615240946290689?s=20&t=D566u6u6c6SFKrVYbk7nTw

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Aaron is an idiot. No one ever thinks they’re winning the North. What a buffoon.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Pontius Pilate posted:

It’s a minor reason of why I like Chicago, but I always thought it was neat that all its major league sports stadiums were actually within the city and accessible by transit, some more than others tbf—haven’t put too much thought into it but does any other city have the big four all within their city limits, or close to it? LA, NY, Boston, SF/SJ, Dallas, DC, Detroit, Twin Cities(? less sure on that, forgive me nfcn Minnesotagoons), all fail I think, any I’m missing? Cities with three that qualify?

e: sorry I forgot you philly as a major market, and I think Pittsburgh qualifies for three within city limits; apologies to Pennsylvania and my husband

Detroit passes. Wings and Pistons both play at Little Ceasers Arena now. Palace is dead, yo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Aaron enjoys winning the division and then losing spectacularly in the playoffs. And he gets paid hundreds of millions of dollars to do so.

Easy money if you can get it.

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

Pontius Pilate posted:

I'd say MSP qualifies. MLB, W/NBA, and NFL are all inside of downtown Minneapolis. Hop on the green line light rail and you'll be dropped off right in front of the MLS stadium in St. Paul. Xcel energy center (NHL) is there in downtown St. Paul and while a slight walk from the light rail stop, a 94 bus drops you off right in front of it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I think he means lose. Everyone seems convicned this is the year their team finnally loses the the north.
I don't know why packer fans believe this, I think they're just trying to fit in with the general doomer atitude of the thread.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

HootTheOwl posted:

I think he means lose. Everyone seems convicned this is the year their team finnally loses the the north.
I don't know why packer fans believe this, I think they're just trying to fit in with the general doomer atitude of the thread.

He means every single year Vikings, Bears, and Lions fans think "this is the year the [Vikings/Bears/Lions] will win the north!". In his experience that is not the case, because his team, The Green Bay Packers, have usually won the north during his time with the team.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Dimestore Merlin posted:

I'd say MSP qualifies. MLB, W/NBA, and NFL are all inside of downtown Minneapolis. Hop on the green line light rail and you'll be dropped off right in front of the MLS stadium in St. Paul. Xcel energy center (NHL) is there in downtown St. Paul and while a slight walk from the light rail stop, a 94 bus drops you off right in front of it.

Close to the light rail is a good metric, and yeah, I agree the Twin Cities metro covers that. The hand-wringing about the Vikings new stadium potentially being in Arden Hills was pretty dumb imo, considering they're not the Minneapolis Vikings and Arden Hills is still relatively central to the metro area. That said, hopping on light rail and not having to worry about it does rule, for Loons games at least.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Blowjob Overtime posted:

He means every single year Vikings, Bears, and Lions fans think "this is the year the [Vikings/Bears/Lions] will win the north!". In his experience that is not the case, because his team, The Green Bay Packers, have usually won the north during his time with the team.

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The entire reason the Twins stadium is kinda janky and doesn't have a roof/retractable roof is because they did some wizardry to fit it inside a lot smaller than the stadium so they could keep the team in downtown Minneapolis