Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He wasn’t. It was fraudulent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

I'm not disputing that Cam was good in that particular game, but like, come on. It was a fairly reasonable take at the time that ended up being dead wrong going forward.

Sure.

But not as wrong as all these mcmagic classics from this page:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938887&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9

Bills not any better than the Jets... McDermott a worse coach than Gase and BoB lol.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Okay yeah, it definitely didn't qualify as "best take from the thread."

Anyway hope you guys have been enjoying my blurbs on Rotoworld:

quote:

Jets head coach Robert Saleh said Zach Wilson (knee) will miss at least the season's first four weeks.

Saleh said he wants Wilson to recover physically and mentally after suffering a preseason knee injury that required surgery. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Wilson "had no setbacks" in his recovery. As NFL Network's Gregg Rosenthal said, "This feels like a benching." After a miserable rookie season in which he posted the league's lowest completion rate over expected, Wilson reportedly was inconsistent throughout Jets training camp. Perhaps Saleh is conceding that the team's offense is in much better hands with Flacco or third-stringer Mike White under center.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Next thread needs a new rule, no posting old Mcmagic takes until after page 10

Edit: if this was a benching they should have brought in someone better to backup. I would expect Flacco to look fine & consistent in camp. But I don't think he will hold up in real games. Plus his age is worrying for when he gets hit.

It just doesn't make sense at all considering they were floating the idea he could play for week 1.

syzpid fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 7, 2022

Nov 6, 2002

I'll say this.

Mcmagic was sure right about Jamal Adams.

fsif posted:

Didn't Wilson only throw a handful of passes before getting injured? Seems unlikely to be enough to "bench" a guy.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I didn't think too much of the "Flacco will start the first four games" at first but it is actually incredibly weird if Wilson's already healthy. They are legitimately giving Flacco a chance to win the starting job outright.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Let's go Flacco afcn tour

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fsif posted:

But all of the reports said that Wilson looked good in camp and was generally much improved?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jets finding ways to crush hope for this year without even playing a game, incredible.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

But all of the reports said that Wilson looked good in camp and was generally much improved?

Then why won't they start him if he's healthy?

Like Week One on limited practice, fine I guess (although just about every other starting QB would still get the nod)… but an additional two weeks? For a player that's healthy? He's not a rookie!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

Then why won't they start him if he's healthy?

Like Week One on limited practice, fine I guess (although just about every other starting QB would still get the nod)… but an additional two weeks? For a player that's healthy? He's not a rookie!

Because he’s obviously not fully healthy? Who said he was fully healthy?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Bone bruises are weird and take awhile to heal. Wilson is probably healthy enough to play but has nagging pain right now

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol what the hell are the pats doing

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1567558493778976772?s=20&t=jeiiWPZKZNRIE_z1hAYVTA

Nov 6, 2002

Sounds like Florida infrastructure is really really bad! Heard they had to bring in portapotties as there's no plumbing in the entire state.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

2-4 weeks for a torn meniscus was always bullshit, and I'm not sure why the Jets even ever put that out there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

2-4 weeks for a torn meniscus was always bullshit, and I'm not sure why the Jets even ever put that out there.

it was 100% just dumb gamesmanship

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

it was 100% just dumb gamesmanship
It's extremely dumb. The Ravens were already preparing for Flacco so you don't realize any benefit to floating the possibility he'll be ready W1 and now you've just pissed off your fanbase for no reason.

Feel the excitement. Tickets on sale now.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Because he’s obviously not fully healthy? Who said he was fully healthy?

The Rotoworld blurb and this Connor Hughes hit led me to believe he was 100%, but not 110%. Anyway, if he's not healthy then that's that, but it's still odd that Saleh would do A Gamesmanship for a very unlikely Week 1 start but doesn't leave himself gamesmanships on the table for Weeks 2 and 3.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If he kept up the "well he could start this week maybe" for 3-4 weeks and just kept sending out Flacco that would look extremely bad.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

The Rotoworld blurb and this Connor Hughes hit led me to believe he was 100%, but not 110%. Anyway, if he's not healthy then that's that, but it's still odd that Saleh would do A Gamesmanship for a very unlikely Week 1 start but doesn't leave himself gamesmanships on the table for Weeks 2 and 3.

Well, they're not putting Wilson on short-term IR so he can practice (at least I'm pretty sure I read that). So Saleh could be doing A Gamesmanship by saying he'll be back in Week 4 because the team can walk that back whenever they want, right?

I'm mostly joking. I think it's a combo of things: (1) the meniscus is fine or close to it but the bone bruise is taking longer than expected, like Metapod said, (2) they want to give him a week of practice time when he comes back, and, most importantly, (3) they just shat the bed on communicating the injury timeline and should have said 4-6 weeks from the jump.

Also plz don't get your football news from Rotoworld blurbs.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 7, 2022

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Gotta sell that preseason hope of 7-10 vs 5-12!!!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

LightReaper posted:

Ohhh this is a fun read

Time makes fools of us all

Yeah, woops.

mcmagic posted:

I admitted Josh Allen was good..

Yeah but that is easier than admitting Tua is good though

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Also plz don't get your football news from Rotoworld blurbs.

I saw it then cross-checked with a beat reporter that said, "The Jets have insisted from the very beginning to wait until Zach Wilson is 100% before he returns to the field—apparently that's not totally true. Robert Saleh said on Wednesday that they actually want him to be 110%." Come on! How else was I supposed to interpret that?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

I saw it then cross-checked with a beat reporter that said, "The Jets have insisted from the very beginning to wait until Zach Wilson is 100% before he returns to the field—apparently that's not totally true. Robert Saleh said on Wednesday that they actually want him to be 110%." Come on! How else was I supposed to interpret that?

Oh I was referring more to the bit about it being a stealth benching and that Wilson had a bad camp (which is something flatly refuted by pretty much every Jets beat guy).

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
4 option) Saleh also loves the storyline of Flaccos last ride against the afcn and took the Wilson injury as a will from God

Nov 6, 2002

Joe Flacco sucks and his revenge tour is going to be shorter than Cam Newton's "I'M BAAAAAACK!" moment.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Oh I was referring more to the bit about it being a stealth benching and that Wilson had a bad camp (which is something flatly refuted by pretty much every Jets beat guy).

I mean if Saleh at the press conference did say "Yeah he's 100%, but not 110% and we're not starting him until at least Week 4" that would definitely be a stealth benching. But Saleh didn't say that. My afternoon is ruined.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Joe Flacco sucks and his revenge tour is going to be shorter than Cam Newton's "I'M BAAAAAACK!" moment.

Lmao I forgot about that

All the media losing their poo poo over that moment, no idea that not only were the wheels about to fall off the wagon, the wagon was also going to explode.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1567601352800444417

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

So depressing... but lmao

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

... I drove by this. I did not realize what it was. Are you loving kidding me? I literally just drove by the PATRIOTS PRACTICING!?

Swickles if you're here this is at PBAU's ancillary soccer fields west of northlake

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Amy Pole Her posted:

... I drove by this. I did not realize what it was. Are you loving kidding me? I literally just drove by the PATRIOTS PRACTICING!?

YOU ONLY GET ONE SHOT
DO NOT MISS YOUR CHANCE TO BLOW (your car horn)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Howe seems to have been the most accurate since the injury. Zach said he’s throwing but only just started running a couple days ago.

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/1567614435493019650

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

lol great

https://twitter.com/zackblatt/status/1567615455157788674?s=21

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Jets hosed up but not following this advice, could have healed him quicker with less stress!!!:

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1558517424751886336

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Mods please change the thread title to #VagusNerve

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

God drat did that moment get funnier and funnier as the season went on.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Professor Funk posted:

Mods please change the thread title to #VagusNerve

Seconding this

I understand them trying to get used to Miami weather but uhhhhh

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

I understand them trying to get used to Miami weather but uhhhhh

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34537928/bill-belichick-says-new-england-patriots-left-early-south-florida-get-acclimated-conditions

This does appear to be why they're down there, but uh yeah I am not sure why they basically set up shop in someone's back yard. Maybe Kraft has a buddy on the board of trustees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
God drat it I just recovered from a #VagusNerve injury, really serious poo poo