Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

What a complete waste this year is lol

Strong S year energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Stop saying Photonic Engine, I can't not crack up

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Rageaholic posted:

48 megapickles :eyepop:

The bread and butter of good digital photography. Anything fewer than 48 megapixels is a dill breaker.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ShoogaSlim posted:

good thing you have granular control of which apps are allowed to show you various types of notifications so you only get the ones you want unlike the absolute neverending laundry list of notifications on ios :shrug:

You have granular control of those on iOS as well lmao.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

good thing you have granular control of which apps are allowed to show you various types of notifications so you only get the ones you want unlike the absolute neverending laundry list of notifications on ios :shrug:

you have granular control of that on iOS also lol

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

iOS has notification controls in the system settings though?

edit: owned

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

ShoogaSlim posted:

COMMENCE THE DRAGGING

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Theater CAM rips are going to be stunning.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Tell me you never open the Settings app without telling me you never open the Settings app.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

incoherent posted:

Theater CAM rips are going to be stunning.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

My wife hates it when I go in ProRAW.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Literally EVERYONE is doing the old Steve steepled-fingers thing now. I don't like it.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Shoot that poo poo PRORAW, dogg

nerox
May 20, 2001

Kirios posted:

Is it during extreme watersports with your apple watch ultra?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

AlternateAccount posted:

Literally EVERYONE is doing the old Steve steepled-fingers thing now.

Excellent

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Ok, now tell me this will be available in Early November Im almost there

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Kirios posted:

nerox posted:

:lol:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Some of this camera talk sounds like audiophiles talking about music but if they make night mode even better I'm in (it's already really good).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

nerox posted:

nerox
May 20, 2001
This is a lot of photo taking power for me to take random pictures of my dogs doing stupid things.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Rick posted:

Some of this camera talk sounds like audiophiles talking about music but if they make night mode even better I'm in (it's already really good).

Seriously, all most people need to hear that the camera didn't get worse and maybe a little bit better.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
gently caress your ProRes without USB-C / USB3+.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Rick posted:

The iPhone camera superseded 99% of the users' requirements by a huge margin like four versions ago.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I feel pretty fortunate, wallet-wise, that nothing about the Pro models since the iPhone 10 have been a must-have for me. As long as I can take good selfies or photos of cats, I’m cool. My only big ask is better low light shots, which the base 14 has?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Anton Chigurh posted:

Sorry, I don't follow. The provider Apple is using for sat connectivity, or the U.S. military? The current phones who has, Apple or the military?

I've read what you wrote about 14 times and I only got more confused each time (my fault, not yours), but you have me very curious here...

just as an example Thuraya satellite android phones doesn't even show prices on the product price since it's so outrageous, so if they support their network, they have a clear interest in bulk purchasing iphones and add to their catalog for casual users. All satellite providers supported by this will likely start selling them as low end endpoints.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

AlternateAccount posted:

COMMENCE THE DRAGGING

FCKGW posted:

iOS has notification controls in the system settings though?

edit: owned

sportsgenius86 posted:

you have granular control of that on iOS also lol

Jose Oquendo posted:

You have granular control of those on iOS as well lmao.

ok ok fair enough! i'm glad your os has this option tbh. better for the users.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yes un ULTRA, skipping everything else.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

All these camera improvements are amazing, I'm sure, but the weakest link will always be me pulling my phone out of my pocket and hastily thumbing the camera button before missing a blurry shot of the thing I wanted a photo of.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Literally every iPhone camera lens is covered with lint and finger grease most of the time, it's stupid to pretend any of this really matters.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yes un ULTRA, skipping everything else.

Same!

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

AlternateAccount posted:

Literally EVERYONE is doing the old Steve steepled-fingers thing now. I don't like it.

THEY ARE

https://twitter.com/Lum_/status/1567580099389657088

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i like how they switched the presentation to being at night bc this thing feels like it's been going on forever

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
All-Day Battery Life is a bit ambiguous.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Looks like they're filming live action Renalla fight from Elden Ring

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

These cameras are half as thick as the phone, jfc

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I missed the camera wank, does it still include lidar on pros?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

some kinda jackal posted:

All these camera improvements are amazing, I'm sure, but the weakest link will always be me pulling my phone out of my pocket and hastily thumbing the camera button before missing a blurry shot of the thing I wanted a photo of.

Just swipe left on the Lock Screen

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

some kinda jackal posted:

just swipe the lock screen to the left

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
if you ever go in for a pro photo session of any kind and they pull out a fuckin iPhone, just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

FCKGW posted:

Just swipe left on the Lock Screen

ZeeBoi posted:

just swipe the lock screen to the left

the catch is that I have to remember to do that

and I never do, when I'm missing whatever the hell is happening in front of me :(