Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If you ever thought the 6-wheel G-wagen didn't have enough wheels, I have good news for you

https://i.imgur.com/KCMX6ED.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Probably a broken trailing (or leading?) link.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

a sexual elk posted:

Nos filled cage

Literally happened.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift posted:

In Canada. Proud and free 'murica eagle flag in Canada.

This truck is showing up in at least it's 4th different auction since May.

The wing is back and it grew a roll bar.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

mobby_6kl posted:

If you ever thought the 6-wheel G-wagen didn't have enough wheels, I have good news for you

https://i.imgur.com/KCMX6ED.mp4

The modern day Damnation Alley vehicle.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Powershift posted:

This truck is showing up in at least it's 4th different auction since May.

The wing is back and it grew a roll bar.

Related to this,

Why is it that every one of the loud and proud mental minority squad drive Dodge pick ups? I mean that seriously. At the height of the mind losing during the convoys there was certainly a mixed bag of vehicles but all the people still doing it are attached to Dodge pick ups.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1 in 22 Ram 2500 owners have a DUI on their record, more than twice the average.

They’re moron magnets. I blame Jon Reep. (Who himself seems like a pretty cool guy but this character is what done it, I figure)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gV7fXH45FA

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Ram is also the official vehicle of domestic violence

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Now those are some good brakes.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

slidebite posted:

Related to this,

Why is it that every one of the loud and proud mental minority squad drive Dodge pick ups? I mean that seriously. At the height of the mind losing during the convoys there was certainly a mixed bag of vehicles but all the people still doing it are attached to Dodge pick ups.

For the uninitiated, is there some hierarchy in terms of more or less MAGA or general terribleness? Outside of little Ranger pickups they are totally foreign and weird to me.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Terrible car stuff is a Zonda and a driver not knowing how to handle the thing.

https://twitter.com/RoadandTrack/status/1566130820972167172?s=20&t=nsfloXA0inzC_ltajTVhxA

Video here if you're on instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiA3K5YvvBV/

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

BraveUlysses posted:

Lmaoooo

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Terrible car stuff is a Zonda and a driver not knowing how to handle the thing.

I’d reckon that roughly 100% of Zonda owners have no business behind the wheel of a Zonda.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Guy that I worked with for a bit used to say that dodge trucks were the "Honda civic of trucks"

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

10% off the sticker price for anyone wearing a blood stained wife beater.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Guy that I worked with for a bit used to say that dodge trucks were the "Honda civic of trucks"

Dodge trucks are the Florida of trucks.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/AuaPgpq.mp4

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Oh man I saw that the other day and I didnt realise at first the police car is ALREADY THERE before it tries to make that dumb u-turn. :psyduck:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Death penalty

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

Death penalty

That's at least removal of license permanently in my book. It shows a complete lack of ability to make safe decisions behind the wheel of a car. I bet they're generally a super sketchy driver.

In other news, VW not even giving all the options on a press car so they can't help but notice the company is rat-loving the public? Beautiful.

https://twitter.com/RoadworkUK/status/1566706685745410048?s=20&t=Sakn6_CfIMo5lD7mq6jp_w

...apparently long press on the button uses carplay/android auto which is less poo poo than VW's own setup?

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Sep 5, 2022

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

...apparently long press on the button uses carplay/android auto which is less poo poo than VW's own setup?

Also the case on any other car with its own voice recognition. They are all complete trash and CP/AA is universally better.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

The voice recognition in my Toyota Hilux was actually really good.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
I'm not sure if mine is any good or not, the nice lady only speaks Japanese, and my high school Japanese is pretty rusty.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Edward IV posted:

It looks like some wicked bruising from excessive :redass:

Perhaps the joint development of the Z4/Supra led to a bit too much BMW ethos to bleed into Toyota. Except instead of trying to ape BMW by making the front end heinous distinctive, Toyota is going to do it to the rear end of all their cars in the future. :unsmigghh:

And by making sedans that are actually CUVs with the "utility" removed (I'm looking at you, X6)?

BuckyDoneGun posted:

You might be thinking of the Century, which still exists and only recently got replaced.

The new Crown is 4 different models in Japan, the US version is one of them, but not the most sedan-like one.

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/07/toyota-announces-crown-series-with-four-different-bodystyles/

I actually think the red SUV one looks pretty good.

Ah, yes, you are correct. Still, the previous Crown wasn't a freaking CUV in disguise.

The other versions don't look bad - a bit over-sculpted, but not bad. Just that one with the black baboon butt, which, since it's every bit as tall as the actual CUV, I don't understand why it exists. I also find it interesting that they made both this and the other sedan look like a hatchback, but didn't make them hatchbacks. I guess "fastback" would be appropriate.

bigbillystyle posted:

Yes I have it is horrible. Especially when it is like some 12 year old car and either the power is weird or the installation was bad or the unit is bad and they kind of flicker a little bit so you have like a microsecond bright white LED strobe light behind you or coming at you. Super fun. I've been noticing it more and more around me anyway.

Not LEDs, but I've got a neighbor down the street that has bloooooo HIDs in a first generation Trailblazer with no other modifications. Not only does it look stupid, they are literally useless because of the color frequency.

CarForumPoster posted:

The Awesome car poo poo thread has a bunch of cool AI generated car images. I thought I'd make some lovely garbage that should never exist for this thread.

I give you: "shotgun fancy" a CarForumPoster art series

Lincoln UTE clipart

Lincoln Mark VIII as a truck Japanese retrowave style

General Lee Mercedes S class

Mazda Miata Pickup Truck for south alabama

Jokes on you - I'm into that poo poo.
Maybe not the S Class. Maybe.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I'm not all that familiar with Knife Crime Island politics, but presumably Richard is defending the energy/utilities companies that are going to send everyone to a debtors prison come winter, or at a minimum kill pensioners and the poor.

https://twitter.com/richardbrunning/status/1567566428357726208?t=v5zly9Kz8sQBFVrNPCJedA&s=19

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Richard they made £170,000,000,000 in pure profit last year and the warning last week was the average bill would rise to 8 times that by spring next year. Costs for fuel has dropped it's just never passed onto the consumer. I feel like that's beyond deserved you loving tory bellend. He's so clueless.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
No you see, THIS is the Tory PM who's going to make trickledown austerity programs work for the people!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm fairly confident that's what she said the other day too. We're hosed. She's on about a 150 billion fund to be paid to the power companies to cover their 'costs' which would end up being paid back by the public, effectively being a millstone round your neck along with all the others. And nobody seems to have mentioned that small businesses are getting insane energy bills through. £100k on top of their usual one for a pub? These clowns are just actively willing to crash the economy at this point because the UK is cucked and won't kick off like the French do so well over the slightest sniff of unfairness.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MetaJew posted:

I'm not all that familiar with Knife Crime Island politics, but presumably Richard is defending the energy/utilities companies that are going to send everyone to a debtors prison come winter, or at a minimum kill pensioners and the poor.

https://twitter.com/richardbrunning/status/1567566428357726208?t=v5zly9Kz8sQBFVrNPCJedA&s=19

They're definitely making excess profit by milking the mini project. :commissar:

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Olympic Mathlete posted:

And nobody seems to have mentioned that small businesses are getting insane energy bills through. £100k on top of their usual one for a pub?

Feels like the only thing that might have a chance of forcing action is when it starts hitting the big businesses - if it's an extra £100k for one small pub, how much is it gunna hit (deserving pricks) like Weatherspoons with like a 1000 locations? Suddenly they're going from freezing grannies and poors to fleecing megacorps for £40 million a pop? No one in power gives a gently caress about granny, but their wealthy corporate mates? Now you're loving with the payday.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Wetherspoons: We regret to inform you that due to financial situations beyond our control, pints are now 20% more.

:dusts off hands, still receives huge bonus:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

MetaJew posted:

In my entirely un-humble opinion, a utility required for survival shouldn’t be allowed to make ANY profit. This includes power and water, and I’m leaning strongly toward the same for comma and internet, recently.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

We had a guy campaigning for nationalised water, power, broadband and the media ripped him to shreds. There was a piece on the BBC about 'broadband communism' despite it being y'know, fairly essential in modern life. I remember a discussion host ask if they were going to nationalise sausages too. Just the absolute worst faith discussions time and time again. The UK is an utterly depressing place to live.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Darchangel posted:

In my entirely un-humble opinion, a utility required for survival shouldn’t be allowed to make ANY profit.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

host ask if they were going to nationalise sausages too.

As an American-Polak who is super into kielbasa, I'm okay with this.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Uthor posted:

As an American-Polak who is super into kielbasa, I'm okay with this.

Come to think of it, since I'm American, obviously everyone should get at least one free gun, too.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Darchangel posted:

In my entirely un-humble opinion, a utility required for survival shouldn’t be allowed to make ANY profit. This includes power and water, and I’m leaning strongly toward the same for comma and internet, recently.

100% agree.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Naive question, but if there is no profit as incentive how do you drive innovation / investment to improve a service or infrastructure? Would that mean the government is in charge of incentivizing it somehow?

I'm for the overall idea, I just don't know how it would work. I feel like overall min-maxing is a root of evil, for sure.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

BlackMK4 posted:

Naive question, but if there is no profit as incentive how do you drive innovation / investment to improve a service or infrastructure? Would that mean the government is in charge of incentivizing it somehow?

I'm for the overall idea, I just don't know how it would work.

Same question but with profit.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

builds character posted:

Same question but with profit.

What do you mean?

e: ah, I see what you're saying now after Mathlete's reply below. Yeah, ugh.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

OK so when there's shareholders they want payouts for 'investing' and it needs to be more each year and this is why the water companies in England haven't actually fixed pipework nor built extra reservoirs or treatment plants and why they're quite literally pumping poo poo into the seas and rivers.

So like, there's no incentive to improve anything anyway except to save money so private ownership doesn't work.