Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Never tried the skins of the usual kiwi, but eating the whole of a hardy kiwi is great. I found them one time at the grocery store and they’re fantastic, like grape sized kiwis without the fuzz.

I’m hoping to grow some but I’ll see if I ever get around to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I rub the fuzz off and then eat them with the skin on

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Mister Facetious posted:

I like eating frozen (wild, not cultivated) blueberries.

when I was a teen I would eat frozen concentrated lemonade straight out of the can

i still have all my teeth somehow

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Golden kiwis aren't as fuzzy, and there's no excuse not to eat those with skin on.

Eat more skin, goons.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Even on a regular kiwi The fuzz is really easy to get rid of especially if you run it under the tap for a few seconds while rubbing it off. I really like the sour flavor of the skin mixed with the sweet fruit inside. It's really good once you get over being told the "right" way to eat a Kiwi is to scoop the insides out and trash the rest.

Also afaik all of the healthier bits of a Kiwi is in the skin.

mystes
May 31, 2006

yeah but all those feathers

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Skin on shriveled nuts is fine, but I still avoid the very ends of a banana.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

when I was a teen I would eat frozen concentrated lemonade straight out of the can

i still have all my teeth somehow

Once in their life everybody should mix a can of orange juice concentrate into a mostly full half gal of vanilla ice cream and eat it right out of the tub

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

BrianBoitano posted:

Once in their life everybody should mix a can of orange juice concentrate into a mostly full half gal of vanilla ice cream and eat it right out of the tub

- 1 can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cans water
- 1 can coconut flavored almond/etc. vegan milk

So good. Haven't tried using vanilla almond milk. Both at once might be good too. Swap out another can of water if you want more coconut flavor.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 6, 2022

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

BrianBoitano posted:

Canned concentrated orange juice is, so far, the only thing I've ever had an allergic reaction to. It gives me chapped lips.
Also I haven't seen canned juice in over 20 years.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Another fruit good with the skin is lemon. Probably lime too. I like it with a bit of salt.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Pineapple, too.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Pineapple, too.
Also prickly pear

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Walla posted:

Another fruit good with the skin is lemon. Probably lime too. I like it with a bit of salt.

I used to hang out with a guy that straight face would tell me he ate lemons, peel and all.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Mister Facetious posted:

I used to hang out with a guy that straight face would tell me he ate lemons, peel and all.

I'm assuming he wasn't talking about preserved lemons.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
The peel is the most edible part of a raw unadorned lemon. The rest is too acidic and sour to be pleasant.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
kumquat

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm assuming he wasn't talking about preserved lemons.

He was not.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Lemon peel tastes like bitter hate. The inside is just pretty tart.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Cumsquat

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Why does anyone like dragonfruit it tastes like nothing

No I don’t have COVID

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Steve Yun posted:

No I don’t have COVID
Dragonfruit does have a very disappointing appearance to flavour ratio but it's possible that yours was just underripe. Fully ripe they should have a sorta light, slightly pulpy sweetness. Under-ripe they're basically water you can chew.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
The taste also depends on the color/variety of dragonfruit you have. The yellow ones are sweet like candy.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SubG posted:

Dragonfruit does have a very disappointing appearance to flavour ratio

I did expect it to taste more dragony, but I quite like what it does to your lips, you know, the way it makes them go all tingly and funny. A bit like when you eat strawberries.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9-irlGBjjf8

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

No I don’t have COVID

Looks neat and it's sweet I guess. Not worth the cost at all though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've been loving with with Plumicots or whatever they are called all summer. God tier fruit. The last batch I bought was grainy and disgusting though :rip: time to move on to something else.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Pluots? Stone fruit is all pretty good if we’re being honest.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I'm such a slut for a nice ripe peach or nectarine in late summer. Even underripe ones that are crunchy (but still sweet) make me happy.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Peaches are so good it makes the inside of my cheeks hurt

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I was just in S France (more on that later) and we made nectarine feta salad a few times. It’s so drat good. I peel most fruit as fruit skins make the hairs On my arms stand on end but I cannot touch peaches. It gives me the squicks. Nectarines I can touch to peel.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Peaches are so good it makes the inside of my cheeks hurt
You might be inserting them in the wrong place

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

What can compare to the perfect peach? Avocado ripe from the tree is up there.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

The best part of a peach is the juice dripping down your chin.

Is it a metaphor :shrug:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

The golden plums I stole* from our neighbour's tree when I was very small.

*they didn't mind, they were good friends, I just loved the thrill of 'stealing' them :3:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

They were probably saving them for breakfast

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Pookah posted:

The golden plums I stole* from our neighbour's tree when I was very small.

*they didn't mind, they were good friends, I just loved the thrill of 'stealing' them :3:

mmm difficult to compete with the childhood memory fruit. i think of rosemary in the same way, my father rubbing a sprig of it between his hands and showing me how delicious herbs can smell.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Mister Facetious posted:

TychoCelchuuu posted:

The peel is the most edible part of a raw unadorned lemon. The rest is too acidic and sour to be pleasant.

It's this. Slice a lemon wedge and just eat the whole thing. The rind actually cuts the bitterness and it just tastes like lemon, like a tart lemonade. It also really opens up your taste buds and is great with mint.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My childhood food memory is honeysuckle and mint. Used to have a neighbor in an apartment complex who grew mint in her garden and just let us kids come in and eat it, and honeysuckle grows everywhere around here.

Also mulberries and black walnuts because my grandmother had trees in her yard.

Fun times.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Tomatoes and peaches are both so dramatically different fresh and ripe vs transported I really wish they were never available as fresh produce out of season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I apparently had an odd childhood growing up just eating rhubarb from the garden and following the crop season like it was nbd.