Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

There's a storm outside and The Boy is spooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ban all storms

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Brandon "Beyond the Grave" Heat is back...in XboX Game Pass form!

is this show cool. I saw a couple episodes on Tech TV a million years ago and remember being mystified that the OP was all spaced out and then the episode I saw was grounded, contemporary stuff

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The disparity between the absolute mid-ness of gen 3 and the pedestal it's fans put it on is almost as much as the disparity between the absolute mid-ness of gen 8 and the things it's detractors say about it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
gen 3 has breloom

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The only mainline game where I got bored halfway through was Moon but I respect the alolan forms and the weird alien pokes

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Gen 3 is in a weird place for me. I love it but then I play one and it's simply okay but then after a while of not playing it I go back to loving it. There are a bunch of Gen 3 mons I don't care much for but then Gardevoir, Flygon and Absol are among my all time faves. Gardevoir shares my 2nd place spot with Glaceon, right behind Arcanine.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

gen 3 is a gen I completely skipped despite owning a GBA and being obsessed with RBY and GSC. don't know why I did that. might have been too busy playing Golden Sun

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Saint Freak posted:

Clarification: Does it count if they are brothers due to super soldier cloning

The Denton brothers being the example given really was allowing that already.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like Gens 5 and 7.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gen 5 is my favorite, no old Pokémon until the endgame was a great decision and it’s a shame they were bullied into never doing that again by people that wanted to catch Weedle again for the fifth time

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like when they mix n match. I'm happy those gamers got their voices heard

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ometeotl posted:

LMAO at Jim Ryan whining that they "only" offered to keep CoD on PS for 3 more years than their existing deal.

Point is that losing COD wholesale could be devastating for the platform. Ryan doesn't have a say in the matter per se, but it's the kind of issue the FTC will be looking at when deciding whether to approve the merger.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i liked gens 5, 6, and 7 quite a bit. 8 looked like hot garbage so i avoided that. 9 has a much better appeal so far so I might end up picking it up. Violet definitely has the cooler looking exclusive mons so far too.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
8 is basically the exact same as always if you liked what came before you'll like it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I had an NES as a child. I could walk through the first two levels of the TMNT game without losing a turtle and more than a bar and a half of life on whoever I made do the dam level. I could beat Manhattan Project.

I just got the Cowabunga Collection. Child me is very disappointed in himself.

I beat Zelda II as a 6-7 year old.

Just an absolute kick in the dick all these years later.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

How do they come up with all these Pokémen?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What were they smoking when they came up with Charizard! !!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
the only game I couldn't bring myself to finish was X/Y, it was the first 3D game and it showed. Had the worst crop of new mons, Sylveon and Klefki own though

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kobogartimer posted:

i'd guess a combination of typing considerations and then extrapolation from ideas related to those types, like steel lending itself to mecha and knights and fire lending itself to, well, y'know

a lot of imaginative art comes from mixing together a handful of disparate ideas, and the typing system makes it easy to come up with a concept list that you can smash together in varying configurations until you get a design that clicks

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

hatty posted:

the only game I couldn't bring myself to finish was X/Y, it was the first 3D game and it showed. Had the worst crop of new mons, Sylveon and Klefki own though

Meowstic is the best Gen VI pokemon.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The only real pokemon generation is gen 1

Yeah, you heard me you fuckers, get off of my lawn

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kobogartimer posted:

Research chemicals

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gen 6 took too long between the first two gyms and then Ace Attorney 5 came out like the next week and welp there went my time.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don’t know how anyone remembers which gen is which!!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Zurtilik posted:

Didn't even mention this dumbass.

I like this one because he gets dunked on constantly in Detective Pikachu.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

I don’t know how anyone remembers which gen is which!!

easily, with my powerful gamer brain

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pokemon Platinum was good

Pokemon X and Y were good

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

SeXReX posted:

The disparity between the absolute mid-ness of gen 3 and the pedestal it's fans put it on is almost as much as the disparity between the absolute mid-ness of gen 8 and the things it's detractors say about it.

gen 3 is my favorite because i have a big brain. you wouldn't understand

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

gen 3 has secret hideouts which are better than any pokemon. yeah even your favourite one. gently caress that one especially

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Gen 4 would be one of my favorites if battles didn't take sooooooooooooo loooooooooooooong

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Marketing team: you know this is a dystopia, right?
McDonalds: We're going to give you money

Marketing team:
https://twitter.com/mcdonalds/status/1567545639671631875

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The chat thread should be a brand free zone

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
this thread loves brands

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I honestly thought the Instagram version with the lowercase caption "cloud is going to McDonald’s. u want anything?" was pretty funny.

Redezga fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 8, 2022

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
A Republic of Gamers, free of brands

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Your KFC X Cloud fanfic is still safe mate

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

this

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

You kidding? Your favourite video game franchises are brands!! Maybe not literally!! But in spirit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What about my personal brand