Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nobody cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Don't try to argue with the fanboys who can't accept the most mild, lukewarm criticism of their game like "people don't gasp when they turn their head."

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
*rude looks directly into the camera* despite my tough appearance I lack the confidence or will to interrupt and say I want to continue the boss fight. this juxtaposition is embarrassing for me. farewell.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

that's not "grunting", that's rude being an awkward mumbling goof over a midfight phonecall lol

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

I wanna see a mod where the creator went all in and made it like a Lego video game, no subtitles and grunts only

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

NikkolasKing posted:

Don't try to argue with the fanboys who can't accept the most mild, lukewarm criticism of their game like "people don't gasp when they turn their head."

clearly the "fanboys" are the weird ones here and not the people mad at grunt noise s

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Wow just wow! Barely playable!

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

FFVIII:

Squall? More like Squalling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal. He is very edgy.

Looks like the SeeD kids have the Echo, so to speak. The flashback stuff is kinda interesting.

Seifer is a dummy for trying to kidnap the President and a double dummy for trusting spooky magic masked lady, I'm sure none of this will bite us in the rear end in the future.

I guess Ward is the "dragoon" for FFVIII? Kinda lame tbh

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I grew up watching DBZ and am immune to grunts

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

FrostyPox posted:

FFVIII:

Squall? More like Squalling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal. He is very edgy.

Looks like the SeeD kids have the Echo, so to speak. The flashback stuff is kinda interesting.

Seifer is a dummy for trying to kidnap the President and a double dummy for trusting spooky magic masked lady, I'm sure none of this will bite us in the rear end in the future.

Hey, Seifer succeeded where you spent like an hour to fail miserably.

Herooes don't need plans.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

FireWorksWell posted:

I wanna see a mod where the creator went all in and made it like a Lego video game, no subtitles and grunts only

Minecraft

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

FrostyPox posted:

FFVIII:

We’re almost to the point where we need to ask a specific question about Squall and his current condition in game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Ok, then I'll be specific with the part that had me go check for a mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfus2D2hD2k&t=306s

Guy answers the phone and grunts 8 times in a row while I'm trying to hear what the other guy is saying, then he hops on a helicopter ladder and grunts another 4 times.

The way actual human beings do, as Imp put it.
hes trying to interrupt reno but reno isnt letting him get a word in edgewise. then he sighs. then he goes 'huh?' at aerith's reply. then he grunts a little as he holds onto the ladder.

what about this is not normal or not something a human being would do

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

why are you a mod when all you do is make posts like this

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zero VGS posted:

Ok, then I'll be specific with the part that had me go check for a mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfus2D2hD2k&t=306s

Guy answers the phone and grunts 8 times in a row while I'm trying to hear what the other guy is saying, then he hops on a helicopter ladder and grunts another 4 times.

The way actual human beings do, as Imp put it.

You're so loving dumb lol.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

NikkolasKing posted:

You're also incredibly loving stupid but that's old news.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

NikkolasKing posted:

Yeah I give up, I guess I'm too contrarian for this thread, all the anime avatars are upset with my take, and the OP doesn't even know that FFXI is the best one.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cya

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

When I get to FFVIIR I will be sure to give my take on the grunting

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
How does that fit into the "playing them all backwards" thing anyway?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah I give up, I guess I'm too contrarian for this thread, all the anime avatars are upset with my take, and the OP doesn't even know that FFXI is the best one.

Don't let the door grunt at you on the way out.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Re Grunting: Mostly I just feel sorry for the poor voice actors who have to read off a list of different totally contextless grunts for like, taking damage and climbing up obstacles and other gameplay stuff. Like, "here's your script for today, it's just Grunt 1, Grunt 2, Anguished Grunt 1, etc" and then the voice director tells them that no, they're doing it wrong.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Clarste posted:

How does that fit into the "playing them all backwards" thing anyway?

I am going to do DLCs/sequels/remakes backward except for XIII-2 and LR which I will do sequentially, but also numerical, so after SoP (which will be after FFI), it's FFXV DLCs, XIII-2, LR, Type-0, X2, VIIR, IV TAY. If the next part of VII remake comes out before I get to IVTAY, I'll play that before After Years. Ideally this will all be done before XVI comes out, but even if I don't finish before then, it's still gonna be last

E: I have no idea why I got the After Years acronym completely wrong, brain not work so good

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 8, 2022

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Gonna find all the times Edward James Olmos does a gravelly grunt or sigh in Battlestar Galactica and say how anime he is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

noted anime avatars like a football man, a girl in real life with a rabbit hood on, a racecar driver wojak, and wario

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

I do because I have arthritis.

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah I give up, I guess I'm too contrarian for this thread, all the anime avatars are upset with my take

Seriously, even if you were 100% right, posting dumb poo poo like this is still a douchebag move and should be probatable.

"I guess I'm just too much for this thread to handle" :fuckoff:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's ariana grande in eevee ears on dead pikachu

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Time to rename the thread "Ahego weeb grunts" again

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

NikkolasKing posted:

lol, fail post

i for one think its normal that anime chars grunt or gasp sometimes, like yea sometimes its a bit exaggerated but so what thats the nature of fiction?? you're playing a video game with magic orbs and giant swords and talking lion dogs, how is That your breaking point?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Booky posted:

lol, fail post

i for one think its normal that anime chars grunt or gasp sometimes, like yea sometimes its a bit exaggerated but so what thats the nature of fiction?? you're playing a video game with magic orbs and giant swords and talking lion dogs, how is That your breaking point?

Why do people hate Vanille's noises in XIII even though they live in a world with monsters and robogods?

Because it's not how people talk at all and it breaks their immersion. It's no different in FFVIIR.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the combat noises are good

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

NikkolasKing posted:

Why do people hate Vanille's noises in XIII even though they live in a world with monsters and robogods?

Because it's not how people talk at all and it breaks their immersion. It's no different in FFVIIR.

i would say for starters that ff13s voice direction is much worse than 7rs

and speak for yourself, people make lil noises irl all the time

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Calling someone stuttering "immersion breaking" is colossally stupid.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Are we seriously having the "How dare they make sounds!" argument again?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i cant wait for final fantasy 7 rebirth

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Standing in the corner at the party, red-faced and shaking, trying as hard as possible to prevent my body from making any non-linguistic noises, lest anyone present think that I am strange,

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

glances into FF thread

Hmm?

sees that its the anime grunt thing again

Hrmph.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The best final fantasy sound is when Wakka misses and goes "AHHH." because it's the same sound I make when I hit a car from my patio while trying to throw my cider bottles into the recycling bins outside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
im an anime