Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Last two for the year, save for the FRANKADAVERs I won.

A Crimson Ghost Cynder from Creaturemaker

These lyrics would be problematic today

JESUSAURUS REX TURBO by Sickemil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Haha, those are something.

There's a movie on Amazon Prime called Velocipastor that may be up your alley.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Turbinosamente posted:

Good idea, I could use some background noise while I wrestle with my budget. Related to that, what do y'all think of Candie Bolton's work? I don't know if I want to spend the bucks on one of her big customs. And I'm sure you all know why this idea entered into my head today too.

I like her stuff, but hoo boy, the prices on some of her pieces. I might spring for a Bake-Kujira someday (IIRC Wonder Goblin did the molds, and there was a smaller version).

I've got an old one she painted, back before I even knew what sofubi was. I was just like 'Oh hey, neat! A weird little elephant duck.'

She also designed a few gacha-style ones, which are more budget friendly, called Oh My Yokai. Some of them you can buy individually, these ones came in a set only, but I liked the color and sparkle. There's also a set of more 'traditional' looking ones like fu dog/dragon/horse.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I really like Candie’s works- but I keep having bad timing on lotteries. I did get this great Baltan she painted back at the 2016 D Con.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Haha, those are something.

There's a movie on Amazon Prime called Velocipastor that may be up your alley.

Noted!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Those are some nice works by her, I love the tanuki's expression and the paint really compliments the rainbow on Alien Baltan too. I've held off on the Bake Zame for now as I was waffling about it too much, for all I know it's sold out now. Still browsing when I shouldn't be, and appreciating that science patrol's famous cone is simultaneously genius and the dumbest thing ever. I hate myself for wanting it, feels kinda consumerist in a way. Ice cream is the new god though judging by the reactions in discord to the new ice cream themed negoras revealed.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

(Instant cameras are fun).

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Holy awesome Batman! They still make poloroids? I would love to take photos this way again.

Also, that picture is dope.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Holy awesome Batman! They still make poloroids? I would love to take photos this way again.

Also, that picture is dope.

Well they still do make Polaroids, I jumped ship to the Fuji Mini Instax pretty quickly for a couple of reasons. Modern polaroid is more expensive, you get fewer exposures in a film pack (8 to Fuji's 10 or, hell, old Polaroid gave you 10), I didn't like the color quality, and some on the internet have claimed that their new polaroid photos have faded, even when sitting in the dark inside an album. Yeah the Fuji film may be the size and proportions of a business card, but the plusses are much, much greater. You can even buy a little printer and beam pictures to it from your phone if you don't want the actual film camera for some reason.

Iirc the Fuji Instax Mini 11 camera (the newest model when I bought it last year) was $90 and each pack of film is $15 (or $12 if its on sale), and these things are everywhere. I got mine off of Amazon, but Target and Best Buy have them, and I've bought film from those stores if its on sale or has a fun border print.

And thanks! I need to use the camera more often.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 2, 2022

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Thanks for the info. I'm going to grab one for the holidays. Should be a bunch of fun! (I'll snap some pick of my toys too!)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Well this was a complete surprise to receive

Kamata Kun and Shinigawa kun to complete my Sunguts Shin Godzilla set! I never thought I’d be able to get a matching color at all! Holy poo poo thank you, SWORD Agent!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

No worries man. Thanks for fostering this little corner of the Internet!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
my new Sofubi:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Those are fun, and that Goku looks huge! What's the farmer and waving girl from?

I got 2 boxes in, but I've not taken pictures yet.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Those are fun, and that Goku looks huge! What's the farmer and waving girl from?

I have no idea what the farmer is from but that's Arale from Toriyama's Dr. Slump, his pre-Dragonball hit manga.

kiiiiiiiin

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

The waving girl is Arale-Chan from the amazing Dr. Slump manga. She was an android more powerful than Superman. It was Toriyama’s big series before he made this little thing called Dragon Ball.

Edit: daaaaamn Cloks nailed the win!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
It's a pickup party in here! I've just got a couple of doggos lately. Here's one looking wistful which you may have seen on Instagram:

In other news I thought about getting a Gigan figure but have no clue as to which one I like best, other than it must be the classic design and not Final Wars.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Turbinosamente posted:

It's a pickup party in here! I've just got a couple of doggos lately. Here's one looking wistful which you may have seen on Instagram:

In other news I thought about getting a Gigan figure but have no clue as to which one I like best, other than it must be the classic design and not Final Wars.

Nice doggo!

As for Gigan figures: you are in luck- it's Gigan's 50th anniversary - there will be lots of Gigans to choose from .

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Nice doggo!

As for Gigan figures: you are in luck- it's Gigan's 50th anniversary - there will be lots of Gigans to choose from .

Thanks!

And oh hell, Gigan is that old isn't he? It explains the overflow of figures already. Totally unrelated but I've had it pointed out to me recently that M*A*S*H is 50 as well: I am not used to thinking of the 70s as being that long ago.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Snapped some pics of the two boxes I got a few days go.

Another Max Toy Ultraman in a funky colorway.

I knew I wanted a Shin Godzilla, but couldn't decide on a sculpt. I saw this One Up one for a song on Yahoo Auctions and pulled the trigger. I am super happy with the sculpt in hand, but I thought it would be bigger...

I was able to add this M1 Godzilla to the trike collection. Long term I'd like to get one of each character so I was happy I didn't feel compelled to go back for one of the older Godzilla. Millenium may be my favorite Godzilla suit anyhow (I really like the dorsal spikes), not through all of the movies yet though.

A pair of US Toys Gamera and Guiron from the Tokusatsu DNA Heisei Gamera Trilogy Exhibition. Praise be to the Japanese toy flippers! It didn't appear to be worth it to them as I got these for just over retail! The paint on the US Toys is really something else in hand. They really pack a punch for how small they are.

And finally this Marusan 450 Hedorah. I pre-ordered this months ago and it finally came in. I knew it would be big, but it is absolutely huge. If i'm being 100% honest though, I don't like it as much in person as I thought I would. The size is really fun, and the sculpt is great, but now that it's in hand I think I would have preferred a solid paint scheme to the clear and splatter. Sometimes you don't know until it's in hand though. c'est la vie!

Here's a size comparrison pic.

Also a few weeks go I finally got some display cabinets from IKEA. drat things had been out of stock for at least 8 months, so I was happy to see them show up. I get a pick as soon as I get everything arranged.

Maxtoy Eyezon with guts should be showing up soon, but that's it for me until after Christmas. Keep posting fun toys!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Here's a size comparrison pic.

Those are all cool. I love those M1 trikes; you lucky duck.

That is adorable. Is it from Red Shark; or am I just thinking that because it's a red(-dish) shark?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

LadyPictureShow posted:

That is adorable. Is it from Red Shark; or am I just thinking that because it's a red(-dish) shark?

Thanks, you're correct! It's a collab between Red Shark and GIRiHiRu.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Super 7 vinyl Reptar announced / released today!

*inserts Wayne's World she will be mine gif*

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Oh lord that brings me back. Was that the first movie or the second that Reptar was crucial to the plot? I was young enough to have seen one of them in theaters at the time.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Arrived! The Taraiking "Cola Float" colorway! I watched on twitter as this was being sculpted and it's really a masterful piece of work. This was really my first shot at being able to get one and it's a beauty- at first I thought it was glitter inside the double pour, but it turns out that the cola colored vinyl is full of bubbles, giving it a really neat effect.

Other than some Elegabs I have on pre-order, that's probably it for soft vinyl for me until DesignerCon in mid November.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
yeah that sofubi looks great and everything but i need to know more about the cat house in your picture

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

It’s a cat bed that looks like a kotatsu that I bought a few years back I think on Buyee. Com - Lulu loves it

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That colorway is awesome, and the bubbles make a really cool effect!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Those bubbles and the translucence really make that fish look more like glass, neat! And, well, yesterday I got a a new kaiju friend in the mail and finally took pics today.

I like the above one the best (nice and menacing!), but these give a better idea of what the figure is:

It's called Penta Zaurus, made by Sunguts, is from a series called Suddenly Kaiju, and is so old it's not on instagram and maybe not his website either. All of that info was pieced together from the ebay listing I bought it from, a random flickr photo and an old mandarake listing. Makes me wish there was a discogs level site for sofubi instead of the few scattered and incomplete wikis that are out there. Also there is apparently an actual pentasaurus dinosaur according to wikipedia, and it make sense for sunguts as apparently he's done other dino themed figures before. Still no idea why the prefix penta for either though; five what? I dunno if it's the bumpy texture on this one it's feels more like a toy more than an art object and that's a good thing imho, encourages posing. I even enjoy the toilet seat of the horns.

And finally the theme song/tl;dr to this post https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0NuKvGcrpk

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Thats.ptetty rad! I like the texturing a lot, and I've definitely never run across it before.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Turbinosamente posted:

Still no idea why the prefix penta for either though; five what?

Points of articulation, maybe? Neat dino.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Points of articulation, maybe? Neat dino.

Doesn't explain the actual pentasaurus dino though. Still a neat dino.

Anybody else miss out on the magical mystery mushroom sofubis by skulltoys? Myplasticheart had them and they sold out in a minute. I had them in may cart but wasn't fast enough to complete the sale. Still a little bummed but I'm coping.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

So I accidentally deleted a site / listing for a green astronaut sofubi from my Amazon wish list. I don't recall the site or the artist / maker, so I'm frustrating myself by searching endlessly on the Google...

A small bright spot, is that I ran across a company called Junk Shop Dog that is doing pseudo vintage sofubi wrestling figs: https://www.junkshopdog.com/ Pretty fun stuff, and readily available for those who missed the Medicom stuff. Edit: If I understand correctly, these are done in the same style as the 1980s Popy wrestlers.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 22, 2022

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

A small bright spot, is that I ran across a company called Junk Shop Dog that is doing pseudo vintage sofubi wrestling figs: https://www.junkshopdog.com/ Pretty fun stuff, and readily available for those who missed the Medicom stuff. Edit: If I understand correctly, these are done in the same style as the 1980s Popy wrestlers.

I like their Suicidal Tendencies-style Bruiser Brody hat

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Who was it in this thread that wanted the second purpley colorway of Shimomoku's Bell? ko-re ko-re has them.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I got my sky blue Tunnelon in the mail yesterday- the postcard that comes with it confirms that the next Elegab release for December is a re-issue of the first colorway for Timera only for overseas customers since we weren't able to get them due to the pandemic happening right when it came out :toot:

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Noice, Timera must be semi obscure because of the pandemic. I couldn't pull it up fast on google though most of the results were just people selling their shuttlegons anyways.

I know at home is a freshly arrived jack o lantern colored Negora I got on a discord deal, which brings me to my limit of no more than three of the same sculpt.* Gonna have to put myself into toy jail for a bit though with the holidays coming, at least until Sciene Patrol does a wide release of his newest figure: Eiseimaru.

*Obtaining a brown Fukuraus is the exception to this rule.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Here’s the first Timerya (oops I misspelled it before) release from May 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

and this photo you can kind of see the little driver guy on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I had a dream I got a sweet sofubi in the mail and now I'm sad because it was just a dream.