Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

abraham linksys posted:

i assume dave's interest in australian history is because he found an australian version of drat interesting that is significantly less litigious

IIRC Dave's interest in Australian history stems from the fact that he had a fanbase already in Australia from his time cohosting the Walking the Room podcast, which I guess crossed over with TOFOP a bunch so a bunch of Australians heard him in those crossover eps - and when the Dollop first went on tour, he opted to do stories that would be relevant to the live audience (which is why the one where they were in Iceland was all about necropants).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Important update

https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/1556021099346833408?s=20&t=vro-zx-isC0NLdls1MR04g

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Important update

Heh, pretty good fakeout there at the beginning

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

After years of listening to Dave talk about Covid safety, I'm surprised with how filthy that remote is.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
huh, i wonder what list im on to be blocked by the dollops twitter

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Who knows, Dave gets weird with that stuff

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
ive never interacted with the pod. whatever, idc, probably just for following some cool dudes online

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Gyges posted:

After years of listening to Dave talk about Covid safety, I'm surprised with how filthy that remote is.

I'm freaked out about how it looks exactly like my old tv remote, filth and all.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Haha I had that same remote from the Samsung TV I bought in 2013.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How is the 84 Olympics Dollop? Is it depressing? I'm in a rough place at the moment, so if it's about everything being awful I'll have to give it a pass.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

RandomPauI posted:

How is the 84 Olympics Dollop? Is it depressing? I'm in a rough place at the moment, so if it's about everything being awful I'll have to give it a pass.

It's crazy as gently caress. There IS depressing things that happen, but overall it's more "What the gently caress"

EDIT:

This post is about the 1904 Olympics episode (Episode #150), not the 1984 Olympic Games which just came out

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 9, 2022

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This episode is outrageous!

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Aug 9, 2022

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it's obviously sad about the whole, ya know, terrible event and all, but it's way more general insane and wild than dwelling on the sad.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize there was a NEW Olympics episode. I assumed you were talking about the one from a few years ago sorry

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea this one is the 84 Olympics, less 'wacky crazy' insane and more 'no but seriously how the gently caress did this even happen' insane

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
It does tie into the upcoming Olympics in LA six years from now.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

That poor, poor eagle

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Also, special gently caress you to the IOC for scrubbing all instances of the jetpack video in the '84 opening ceremony from the internet. I loved listening to the announcers struggling to talk about it. "Jet man. Rocket...man."

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Since I haven't seen anyone post it yet, here's Dave watching Hamilton in its entirety:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dave-watches-70353449?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_fan

Even if you're not a Patreon subscriber, the video is public.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Would I be watching Hamilton with Dave, or just watching Dave watch Hamilton?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Gyges posted:

Would I be watching Hamilton with Dave, or just watching Dave watch Hamilton?

You'd just be watching Dave (and Gareth) watch Hamilton, but Gareth gives you a countdown if you want to watch along

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Dave and Gareth are on the QAnon Anonymous 200th episode to have their brains melted learning about JP Sears, a life coach-turned-comedian-turned-right wing hack, who has apparently reached heights of popularity few people can even dream of.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dave screams a lot, like a lot. It's great

They were also on Knowledge Fight this week

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dr Christmas posted:

Dave and Gareth are on the QAnon Anonymous 200th episode to have their brains melted learning about JP Sears, a life coach-turned-comedian-turned-right wing hack, who has apparently reached heights of popularity few people can even dream of.

It ruled especially the end of the episode where they had to censor out what Dave said he was going to do to the guy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Decided to buy the live show for tomorrow since I have nothing going on. Should be fun!!

https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/1567589131668312064?t=I1y__C8EDz46CEUpOjtbyQ&s=19

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
gently caress, I want to see that live but I'll be at work.

I'm hoping that eventually they'll soften up on Texas and come back. The last Dallas show was scheduled, then postponed for COVID, and the postponed date was going to be on the night of my wedding anniversary so my wife and I were going to make a night of it. Now we're just left feeling dejected.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tex Avery posted:

gently caress, I want to see that live but I'll be at work.

I'm hoping that eventually they'll soften up on Texas and come back. The last Dallas show was scheduled, then postponed for COVID, and the postponed date was going to be on the night of my wedding anniversary so my wife and I were going to make a night of it. Now we're just left feeling dejected.
They were supposed to come here to Orlando as well but I imagine that isn't going to happen again. We also bought tickets for that but they ended up refunding.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm going to the live show in MI and they want us to wear masks the whole time. Not sure if I'm still going to go.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
=

swickles posted:

Decided to buy the live show for tomorrow since I have nothing going on. Should be fun!!

https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/1567589131668312064?t=I1y__C8EDz46CEUpOjtbyQ&s=19

Watched this last night as well. Pretty good. Felt weird to watch and listen instead of just listening to the show.

Topic was Jimmy Swaggart, Marvin Gorman and some Jim Bakker& Tammy Faye

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
With the Queen’s death, I’ve been thinkin’ about the Gogh Whitlam live episode, and how I wish I could recount it what happened without butchering the details.

So the Governor General, who’s the representative of the Queen, had the government recalled before the left-leaning Prime Minister could recommend the Queen recall him. He could do this because he had the Queen’s tacit approval, and this was all egged on by America, who was sore about Whitlam being against the Vietnam War. That the gist?

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 18, 2022

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
Jet Pack Madness still rules, and I haven't even gotten to the part where it's just two dudes getting into a fistfight (well, one guy had a hammer) in the back of a car stereo shop yet.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Jet Pack Madness is secretly a story about the world's worst notary public

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The Frank Sinatra in Austrailia episode is pretty loving amazing.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Hearing Kissinger was going to get involved made me think we were in for a bad turn, but no, they managed to get one over on Henry Kissinger! An infinitesimally small one, but one nonetheless!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

It's still funny that the United States Government seriously considered giving Frank Sinatra a military evac off of the roof of a hotel just so he wouldn't have to apologize for anything ever. God, what a loving baby.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

JethroMcB posted:

Jet Pack Madness is secretly a story about the world's worst notary public

The second half of that story is like something out of a Coen brothers movie with the hammer-fight in the car stereo shop, the worst Big Guy ever, the kidnapping, and, of course, the notary public. And then it gets into all the trials and court situations where it boils down to "Brad, give the rocket belt to Larry," which Brad refuses to do, taking prison time over giving up his jetpack.

"Can't we just go back to jetpack tomfoolery?!" is one of my favorite Gareth reactions to any story. The whole thing just takes such a wild left turn from guys building and flying jetpacks.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 6, 2022

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

A recent episode of Podcast:The Ride(about theme parks and their adjacencies) was about the rocket man who flew in the Disney park and it was a joy having them discover the insane things having/wanting a jetpack does to a man. Especially since each of the hosts only did some research and we're piecing together the insanity, but not as good as the Dollop's coverage of it.

Men would rather bash the head of an associate for a chance of flight on a rocket backpack than goto therapy.

Quixotic1 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 7, 2022

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I looked and didn't see a Behind the Bastards thread, but figure just like the shows, there is a lot of overlap here. I was listening to last weeks episode the (the 3rd or 4th one on the Worst Nazi) and the second part the guest for some reason has a sound pad as part of his new set up pre-programmed with a ton of morning DJ effects and I completely lost it hearing about war atrocities and genocides being interspersed with air horns and wacky zinger sounds.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
BtB thread is called Machetes

Edit: now with link!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904083&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ahh thank you!!