Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Okay, but how do I get it in real life? It's a nice shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

C...content!?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

This was shown as part of the November 2021 update but was time-locked same as the Maypole and the Spooky Cookies

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is there an active AC Amiibo card trading thread or anything here? My girlfriend finally started up New Horizons and is looking to complete her collection.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Fiorina is open for Rolf’s birthday party! Come celebrate a swole tiger’s special day on a newly revamped Fiorina!

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 22, 2022

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Anyone willing to open up their island and let me visit to offload all these turnips? Going to be gone over weekend and this is my only chance. If I can’t unload them, going to have to sell the farm.

(anything over 200 at this point would be fantastic and i’ll be in your debt)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Me hold on

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Messaged you

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Y'all, I finally did it: I finally put 1,000 hours into this game :shepface:

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Steve Yun posted:

Me hold on

You’re the best! Thanks so much!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Oh sorry thought you just wanted to dump turnips for some reason, had a brain fart didn’t realize you were looking to sell for $200. Sorry!

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Steve Yun posted:

Oh sorry thought you just wanted to dump turnips for some reason, had a brain fart didn’t realize you were looking to sell for $200. Sorry!

It’s all good, thanks for letting me look around

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is there an active AC Amiibo card trading thread or anything here? My girlfriend finally started up New Horizons and is looking to complete her collection.

Sent you a PM. I have a good number of duplicates, and still need a few to complete my collection.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rageaholic posted:

Y'all, I finally did it: I finally put 1,000 hours into this game :shepface:

I got to 995 and ran out of motivation to play. I never finished my Buffalo themed island :negative:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I think I was in the 900 hour area and most of that was in the first year. I haven’t played in months and months. The Gyroid update made me go back to it but honestly I think I’m done.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
I'm trying to collect all the DIYs and art so I log in about 20m or so a day and do that.

Aurora is in boxes today, if anyone wants a reading-obsessed penguin. She's nice, but I have 3 normals and need to double up on my Smug and Preppy villagers for DIY chances. One of my first to settle, and first to give me a photo.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

effika posted:

I'm trying to collect all the DIYs and art so I log in about 20m or so a day and do that.

Aurora is in boxes today, if anyone wants a reading-obsessed penguin. She's nice, but I have 3 normals and need to double up on my Smug and Preppy villagers for DIY chances. One of my first to settle, and first to give me a photo.

I have a few spares of the 2.0 DIYs if you want em

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I have a few spares of the 2.0 DIYs if you want em

Nah I don't mind waiting on the randomness... at least right now. Thanks, though!

effika
Jun 19, 2005
I bought 42 Nook Miles Tickets knowing I'd probably have to do a lot of searching for a Smug (A) or Peppy (A) dialogue type to not overlap with what I already have, and the RNG provided on the first island!

I feel the same way when I have to deal with Tom Nook, so he'll probably fit in OK.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Jacques is fun. I had him on my island for a while.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I did a fuckywucky and accidentally sold 3 hammerhead sharks to CJ last week and now I have until midnight tonight to catch 3 more again otherwise I'll have to wait until June next year to catch them and get a model. gently caress my videogame existence.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I did a fuckywucky and accidentally sold 3 hammerhead sharks to CJ last week and now I have until midnight tonight to catch 3 more again otherwise I'll have to wait until June next year to catch them and get a model. gently caress my videogame existence.

Can’t you just change the date on your switch?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

RCarr posted:

Can’t you just change the date on your switch?

I’m generally not in favour of time travelling since I buy turnips almost every week and don’t wanna gently caress them up, same with flower and weed growth on my island

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

There's still a hope, even if it's a faint one. If you take the Kapp'n tour, there's a chance of getting the summer island as one of the rare special islands, and that comes with all the bugs/fish associated with it.
Two things to note: if you go to Katrina and get "luck with belongings", you're guaranteed to get a special island. Also, I think the time of day (as far as bugs/fish are concerned) is locked once you start the tour, so don't start the tour before the sharks are available.

At very least, if you get the right Katrina reading, go for a tour and hope.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Last Visible Dog posted:

There's still a hope, even if it's a faint one. If you take the Kapp'n tour, there's a chance of getting the summer island as one of the rare special islands, and that comes with all the bugs/fish associated with it.
Two things to note: if you go to Katrina and get "luck with belongings", you're guaranteed to get a special island. Also, I think the time of day (as far as bugs/fish are concerned) is locked once you start the tour, so don't start the tour before the sharks are available.

At very least, if you get the right Katrina reading, go for a tour and hope.

Turns out that just walking back and forth for 2 hours on the beach of a NMT island after 4pm netted me the 3 sharks easily!

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

I started this game last week and needless to say I could use some help. I added myself to the database and I am currently the very last name on the list.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Rahonavis posted:

I started this game last week and needless to say I could use some help. I added myself to the database and I am currently the very last name on the list.

I can open up my island and at least give you a bunch of fruit and like
100k to get going. Just give me heads up when your around

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Rahonavis posted:

What kind of stuff are you looking for? If there’s any style of home goods or clothing you’re interested in I could order or craft some stuff for you.

Once you’ve settled into the main game, I highly recommend the Happy Home Paradise DLC if you like decorating. It gives you access to a bunch more stuff, new recipes, and the ability to decorate your villagers houses.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

We also have an Animal Crossing Discord that's somewhat active. Although these days most people just post photos of their pets or Splatoon 3 rather then about their islands.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Zuzie posted:

We also have an Animal Crossing Discord that's somewhat active. Although these days most people just post photos of their pets or Splatoon 3 rather then about their islands.

I haven’t heard back from the Discord yet. It’s mostly fruit I’m looking for. I’ll add you, Nessa, and Dr. Zoggle to my Switch and should be ready to play as early as 5:30. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nessa and Zoggle aren’t in the database?

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 4, 2022

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Rahonavis posted:

I haven’t heard back from the Discord yet. It’s mostly fruit I’m looking for. I’ll add you, Nessa, and Dr. Zoggle to my Switch and should be ready to play as early as 5:30. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nessa and Zoggle aren’t in the database?

I’m not even sure what database we are talking about, I was just going to open up my island whenever

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Rahonavis posted:

Yeah if you’re in the Raccoon Goons Discord there’s still a good few active players (myself included) if you need help with any items or even just an explainer of how things like terraforming and design work.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I made the database originally! It fell by the Aussie pretty fast when the Discord became active. Of course, the Discord’s probably not very active anymore, but it’s more likely to get hits.

At this point, I wonder if the server would benefit from a full time request channel. I don’t play AC much but if I had a channel just for “@here hey does anyone have X” comments, I’d make sure I get notifications from it. I can’t imagine there’d be tons of pings.

vvv
I'm glad to hear it, honestly. That's pretty neat!

broken pixel fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 5, 2022

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

broken pixel posted:

I made the database originally! It fell by the Aussie pretty fast when the Discord became active. Of course, the Discord’s probably not very active anymore, but it’s more likely to get hits.

At this point, I wonder if the server would benefit from a full time request channel. I don’t play AC much but if I had a channel just for “@here hey does anyone have X” comments, I’d make sure I get notifications from it. I can’t imagine there’d be tons of pings.

the discord is still pretty darn lively as far as chatter, but a lot of us are either hiatus-ing or just ran out of things to do since the game's done now. :( still plenty of very nice folks who'll help out and give you things if you show up in need, though!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Playing this game with earbuds/headphones is a significant boon. I've been catching a lot more balloon presents and shooting stars since I can easily hear the subtle sounds.

I'm considering getting a set of 81 amiibo cards to get all the rare villagers easily.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

ChocNitty posted:

Playing this game with earbuds/headphones is a significant boon. I've been catching a lot more balloon presents and shooting stars since I can easily hear the subtle sounds.

I'm considering getting a set of 81 amiibo cards to get all the rare villagers easily.

Cheaper option: get a writable amiibo thingy and just download them.

Think I spent maybe $30 all told. Lot cheaper than the whole card set.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

HaB posted:

Cheaper option: get a writable amiibo thingy and just download them.

Think I spent maybe $30 all told. Lot cheaper than the whole card set.

Do this, ChocNitty (unless you just want the cards I guess). If you have an android phone, you might just need a sheet of NFC stickers that are super cheap. iPhones might have the ability to write to tags too, I have no idea.

Friend posted:

For android, I've used Tagmo to make a bunch.

https://github.com/HiddenRamblings/TagMo

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I’ve found the worst thing someone could think to do in this game. :nms:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj8ThY8MGWe/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

E: for those who can’t be hosed with opening an Instagram link and still wanna know what it is, someone built Jeffrey Dahmer’s apartment in the game, with alarmingly faithful attention to detail.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I’ve found the worst thing someone could think to do in this game. :nms:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cj8ThY8MGWe/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

E: for those who can’t be hosed with opening an Instagram link and still wanna know what it is, someone built Jeffrey Dahmer’s apartment in the game, with alarmingly faithful attention to detail.

I never thought about the overlap of True Crime people and Animal Crossing but here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Here we have the best Animal Crossing player ever:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO3a6uzbm0dAoQUcZJsaCsvDFbmF6vEhr