Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Gotta second the thank you to Alli, too. Votefinder is a great tool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Podima posted:

Hello, friends! As many of you likely know, Alli has graciously hosted and maintained Votefinder for the SA Mafia community since 2016 (six years!), but she is ready to move on and would like to find someone that she can transition ownership of the bot to.

She can provide the codebase, a database dump, and the configuration files that are currently in place on the server that Votefinder runs on today - but she will not be able to provide the server itself in perpetuity as it currently runs on a personal server.
Gory technical details: Votefinder currently runs on a Linux server using nginx and uwsgi, and has a mysql database as well. The codebase itself is Python/Django.

The new owner will need to provide a new server on which to host Votefinder, and (put simply) have enough knowledge to actually do that given all of the above - Alli doesn't have the bandwidth to teach someone new how to do this from scratch. If you're interested in taking this on, please post here, PM me, or ping me on the SA Mafia Discord (linked in the OP). We'll figure out logistics from there.

Lats but not least... Votefinder's been a fantastic tool for the community, both from a vote-counting perspective and also as a mind-boggling record of over 1,350 games of Mafia played on SA over the last 12 years. I really appreciate the time and effort Alli's put into keeping it running - thank you!

Quoting for page snipe.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Thank you very much for maintaining and improving it, Alli. Much appreciated.

If nobody else wants to do it I can get MMM on the horn and bully him into doing it again :mrgw:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah it would cost like a whopping $5-10 a month to host it, the problem is finding someone more capable of hosting it than me. Which isn't hard, there have to be at least ten thousand people more capable out there, but how many of them are mafia goons?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm actually looking at the forums again, I guess it's time to end my mafia break and play again.

I don't think any games are currently recruiting outside of Cena's MMA game. But the next person to run a non-role madness game, I'm in!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So as I’ve said I am happy to step in. I am not a computers guy so I can’t really do any technical stuff, but I, overly sentimental and will probably be here until after SA mafia dies, so I can keep it alive if nothing else.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thank you Alli :)

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

i am going to kill you

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This thread has 8 pages of posts in like half a year why do you guys even need vf to be maintained

Max
Nov 30, 2002

There are plenty of games happening, just not much discussion.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jump King posted:

This thread has 8 pages of posts in like half a year why do you guys even need vf to be maintained

Counting by hand sucks op

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Jump King

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thanks for all the work on VF, Alli!

And nice to see you MMM!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

George Kansas posted:

I'm actually looking at the forums again, I guess it's time to end my mafia break and play again.

I don't think any games are currently recruiting outside of Cena's MMA game. But the next person to run a non-role madness game, I'm in!

play! its not role madness

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Oh, Alli's finally passing on Votefinder? I think I might be able to handle that. Maybe. Ish.

Or maybe it's imposter syndrome.

e: unless someone really wants to wrangle it I think I'd like to try, to get some more knowledge under my belt - I'm pretty sure I can do most of the important stuff and keep it running, and I might finally have the motivation to add some of the features I've been wanting

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 8, 2022

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

play! its not role madness

Ok I will

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

If nobody else can get it working I probably can, I get paid to touch computers all day

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Thank you for your service, Alli. Thank you pending future computer touchers.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idle Amalgam posted:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you need hosting money, I can help.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
BUT I WANT FULL IP ASSIGNMENT

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I want an @votefinder.org email address plz.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

A Gnosia loop for 15 players (or however many show up!) is open for recruitment now!

Shellception fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Sep 11, 2022

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Almost forgot to post here. Innistrad Mafia has ended in a TOWN victory! Thanks to everyone who participated.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Almost forgot to post here. Innistrad Mafia has ended in a TOWN victory! Thanks to everyone who participated.

Amazing game with great roles and flavor btw! Hope to see you modding again in the future!

Also, scums OP pls nerf.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

I've opened up a new Mafia game in Fight Island, Don't be scared, homie: An MMA Mafia Experience. This is an entry-level low complexity game targeted at newer players, but I encourage veterans who want to play and maybe give some newer players some guidance and structure to sign up. I've put a lot of work into the flavor of this game so it will be a great time even if you have ZERO interest in MMA.

this game has begun and features a lot of first time players. let me know if you want observer status in the discord.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Idle Amalgam posted:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Shellception posted:

A Gnosia loop for 15 players (or however many show up!) is open for recruitment now!

Need two more to fill. Launching next Monday!

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Stellaris 2 is now open for sign ups!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This isn't Mafia but it will be cool and we need one or two more

Also Multiverse of Mafness ended in a SK team, Survivor, and Cult victory, it was quite a ride

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Shellception posted:

Needs one replacement. Currently tail end of D1.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Stellaris 2 is now open for sign ups!

Just need 3 more!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

I've opened up a new Mafia game in Fight Island, Don't be scared, homie: An MMA Mafia Experience. This is an entry-level low complexity game targeted at newer players, but I encourage veterans who want to play and maybe give some newer players some guidance and structure to sign up. I've put a lot of work into the flavor of this game so it will be a great time even if you have ZERO interest in MMA.

The game has ended in a SCUM victory!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Signups open for Love, Masons, and Mafia! This is a role madness game for 17 players. I'm expecting it to be a lot of fun.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Live! Die! Haunt your friends! In Murder at the Magician's Manor, survive in the spooky mansion while wizards are out to kill you, and the ghosts of dead players boo you on.

This is another Gnosia-style mafia-like. 15 seats open!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

2 many rigged games smh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

2 many rigged games smh

Standards have slipped since you stopped playing

blooddasbootcelery
Oct 9, 2022
what's happening here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

blooddasbootcelery posted:

what's happening here

mafio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

blooddasbootcelery posted:

what's happening here

What’s going on with your username? I love das boot, celery is whatever, blood is bad