Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

So, the message here is that their razors aren't sharp enough to get a close enough shave for a trans woman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

teethgrinder posted:

30 cents for the most expensive safety razor blades

The cost of Feather blades is out of control.

Also, I think I got counterfeits last time. :retrogames:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

oldpainless posted:

When I was overseas we always just used each other’s stuff all the time but there’s so many different razors and types of blades that only fit certain handles and poo poo it got annoying trying to mix and match so it was actually much simpler to just use my friend Occams

I hate you for this on the deeply personal level that only a bad pun can generate.

Neito has a new favorite as of 14:12 on Sep 8, 2022

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Platystemon posted:

Also, I think I got counterfeits last time. :retrogames:

How can you tell? I use Feather blades and now I'm curious if I got the genuine article.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bargearse posted:

How can you tell? I use Feather blades and now I'm curious if I got the genuine article.

Multiple blades were outright duds, put it on the razor and it’s like it’s been used a dozen times already.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Platystemon posted:

Multiple blades were outright duds, put it on the razor and it’s like it’s been used a dozen times already.

That sucks. Guess I'm lucky though, with my latest batch, no outright duds yet but it's like one side is definitely sharper than the other.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

For regular day-to-day shaving (done like, once a week cause I have very little facial hair to shave) I use a gillette mach 5. Because IM WOKE AF OBVIOUSLY.

Not because it's convenient or that it stays sharp long enough to warrant it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've been using a safety razor for four years and the handle itself cost me as much as a single pack of blades for my old Mach 5, and I got a pack of 500 blades for like 9 dollars and I've been able to use a fresh one every week ever since without having to buy more

Every beardgrower should get a professional straight razor shave by a barber at least once, it's exquisite

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YggOVAAhAdU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I get a better shave with a new cartridge than I do with a new double-edge blade, but my average shave is better with the safety razor just because I change blades more frequently. Double-edge blades are cheap enough that I can use a new blade every other day and it's still cheaper than using one cartridge a month.

And really, the only real difference between them to me is the time it takes to shave. Two passes with the cartridge, three passes with the safety razor. Well worth the tradeoff, imo.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

2nd Amendment posted:

Then you need to have space to store those razors. How expensive is a shoebox's worth of space in your dwelling? It's more cost-effective for me to have razors delivered than it is to store them. It's all about utility.

related to this, the osha thread once had a post about old house, and bathrooms with a razor size slit in the wall. apparent this was THE disposal method, just put the razors in the space behind the wall.

apparently decades of use can only pile up to a foot or two.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I use gay razors.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

goblin week posted:

I use gay razors.

?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Whatever happened to that guy anyway??

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

goblin week posted:

Looks like he absolutely obliterated his foot in a wrestling match and went back to TV comedy, doing that character less and less it looks like.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

PhazonLink posted:

related to this, the osha thread once had a post about old house, and bathrooms with a razor size slit in the wall. apparent this was THE disposal method, just put the razors in the space behind the wall.

apparently decades of use can only pile up to a foot or two.

Yep, we had one of those. It's just a little tiny slit in the back of the medicine cabinet, and the razors just fall into that void beyond, from which nothing returns.
ETA: We also have an ash pit under the fireplace. Cast iron door you open and shovel the ash into a pit under the fireplace. There's a tiny door on the outside (about 1' square) that accesses the ash pit so that, theoretically, you could clean it out. I don't even know how that would work - call someone with a giant vacuum cleaner?

Bonster has a new favorite as of 17:18 on Sep 8, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
iif you want to get into home made soap, woodash is a source of lye.

make some soap.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Bonster posted:

Yep, we had one of those. It's just a little tiny slit in the back of the medicine cabinet, and the razors just fall into that void beyond, from which nothing returns.
ETA: We also have an ash pit under the fireplace. Cast iron door you open and shovel the ash into a pit under the fireplace. There's a tiny door on the outside (about 1' square) that accesses the ash pit so that, theoretically, you could clean it out. I don't even know how that would work - call someone with a giant vacuum cleaner?

I think you may be missing the drawer or hopper that is intended to sit under that door, which can easily be removed via the small door outside.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

silence_kit posted:

Nah, IMO they are worse. For a long time I used to do the old fashioned shaving routine, but switched back using a newer razor, normal shaving cream, and a cheap mirror on a string while in the shower. My new routine is way simpler, faster, and produces a better result. It's not that much more expensive either--you don't need to change out the cartridges as much as the double-edged razor blades.

Honestly shaving in the shower was the biggest improvement beyond any choice of razor or cream or whatever. I found a mirror that you fill with hot water when you start up so it doesn't fog, and also got a waterproof beard trimmer. Not only has it really helped my skin be less irritated, but it keeps my sink clean!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Honestly shaving in the shower was the biggest improvement beyond any choice of razor or cream or whatever. I found a mirror that you fill with hot water when you start up so it doesn't fog, and also got a waterproof beard trimmer. Not only has it really helped my skin be less irritated, but it keeps my sink clean!

I think we can trust a Sphinx on shaving. Must be hard with all those wrinkles.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Platystemon posted:

People stopped shaving because they stayed home and didn’t need to be seen in public, presumably.

In an alternate universe, shaving would have increased because people need to be clean‐shaven to wear N95/FFP2 respirators and protect themselves from airborne pathogens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSJSWy2o_1I

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Vib Rib posted:

What's the 816 Paint project?

https://archive.org/details/wozaday_816_Paint_IIgs -- it was the Apple IIgs program I was using for that graph paper thing I was doing. I thought at least it might have rated a wikipedia page, but I guess not. drat thing was my life.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

B33rChiller posted:

I think you may be missing the drawer or hopper that is intended to sit under that door, which can easily be removed via the small door outside.

Nope, it's a serious pit. Like, about 8 feet deep, just slightly less wide and long as the fireplace itself. No sign there was ever anything meant to be inserted there. ETA: it's lined with concrete. Just a big old oubliette.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Yeah, I totally agree. Shaving in the shower is great. I just run the mirror under hot water for a few seconds and it gets warm enough to prevent steam from condensing on the mirror for the length of time it takes me to shave.

The fancy wet shaving soap has a similar, but weaker effect when compared to shaving in the shower.

I think most of the benefit of the old fashioned shaving routine goes to the soap and paying more attention to technique. The old fashioned safety razor is worse than the newer multi-blade cartridge razor.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

silence_kit posted:

The old fashioned safety razor is worse than the newer multi-blade cartridge razor.

naw the safety razor works way better than a cartridge w just water in the shower too

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1567925090863534081

This response was good:
https://twitter.com/MarxHohenheim/status/1567925689768353794

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 19:30 on Sep 8, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

why is bezos signing his tweets?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

goblin week posted:

I saw him on TikTok recently, he did a video or two with the muscle maid.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What the hell kind of manly man uses a "safety" razor anyway

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

gorblessermajestymaysherestinpees

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://twitter.com/sullydish/status/1567935269009035264?t=87yQZCfe6EBBY_2C0mZeXA&s=19

When I heard that she died, all I thought was how this thread is gonna be feasting for weeks.

Edit: https://twitter.com/JarJarFan69/status/1567947828651085829?t=U-xQQZV0QhTgQi8iOhi4LA&s=19

grittyreboot has a new favorite as of 21:01 on Sep 8, 2022

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Racism, idleness, leeching, rapaciousness, pestilence

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

My entire feed is news orgs and brands being solemn while everyone else is cackling like a madman and dunking non-stop. It's strange to see.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
This is my reaction: meh

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/HamiltonWestEnd/status/1567944847599755273

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/MichaelJPartyka/status/1567958029408034818

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Someone's gone and done it already.
https://twitter.com/mikey_almeida/status/1567945348907421697

So you don't have to click through:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

https://twitter.com/MichaelJPartyka/status/1567945701102948361?cxt=HHwWksC81dmTu8IrAAAA
https://twitter.com/acabaret13/status/1567980865845698565

:drat:

I was always a fan of "Knuck if you Buckingham Palace".