Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

No Wave posted:

I own blue, purple, and green. I think purple looks the best but I don't really use any of them because they make a little noise every twenty seconds or so.

Yellow, pink and green. It's hilarious that in the first few hide and seek co-op events, you could sometimes find people based on the seelie making noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Tree Reformat posted:

Sanity check on pull strategy for a new (beginning of last month) player: At 20 pity, with my only hydros being Barbara and Xingqiu, would it make sense to use my 70 pull stock to make one try for Kokomi, then horde regardless for dendro archon? I already won the 50:50 on zhongli when 3.0 went up. I don't much care for archers (controller on pc, mouse and keyboard for a BotW-esque game feels wrong), but very much love Yanfei for burning my way through the beginning of the game til now, so a hydro catalyst who isn't barbara seems like a big upgrade.

I consider her in the same tier as Zhongli and Kazuha in that she's a massive QoL upgrade for any account. Aside from her unmatched healing, she can make a huge impact with very little investment*, while still having the option to "main" her for true believers.

*e.g. Unleveled 4-piece Tenacity of the Millelith and R5 3* weapon Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
kokomi > zhongli
checkmate, theists, ur god is TRASH

welp, guess I'm rolling for cyno if candace is going to be on his banner only

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

You've all pretty effectively convinced me that Kokomi would be a great character to have on my account, however the other issue is that I already have like four or five characters (not all of them 5 stars, to be fair) I've been neglecting and need to finally build and so if I did get Kokomi she'd probably sit totally unused for like two months at this rate. Turns out lucking out and pulling a bunch of cool characters then immediately taking a year-long break from the game (functionally, I played for like a week around when Ayato came out) means I'm pretty far behind on actually building the characters I pulled :v:

Alternatively I could start using the 97 fragile resin I have stockpiled "just in case"

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Harrow posted:

Alternatively I could start using the 97 fragile resin I have stockpiled "just in case"

Sure you could, but what if there's a post last boss battle where you need to use 97 of them to win??

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

Sure you could, but what if there's a post last boss battle where you need to use 97 of them to win??

That's what I'm saying!!!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

me: "What if I end up getting a character someday that I really really want to level and really need this resin one day??"

also me: has like 5 great characters sitting around begging for some resin, any resin to be spent on leveling and ascending them

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I'm sitting on 218 fragile resin :colbert:

(Not because of hoarding, I just cant stand grinding and frequently dont even use my daily resin)

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Waiting for the inevitable patch where resin gets removed from the game and each fragile resin gets converted to 1000 mora.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kokomi on this banner is kinda bad timing because she can be an ok support for aoe nilou comps to keep the team healthy from eating the powered bloom reactions but shes also at the spot right before we know what Nahidas kit is going to look like

And nahida being a healer with similar dendro applications would be killer for a lot of aggravate and bloom based teams.

At the same time, I dont have a good aoe hydro applier because mona has never shown up in my pulls

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Kokomi on this banner is kinda bad timing because she can be an ok support for aoe nilou comps to keep the team healthy from eating the powered bloom reactions but shes also at the spot right before we know what Nahidas kit is going to look like

And nahida being a healer with similar dendro applications would be killer for a lot of aggravate and bloom based teams.

At the same time, I dont have a good aoe hydro applier because mona has never shown up in my pulls

I don't think Nahida will be a healer just because Baizhu exists and he will 100% be the dendro 5* healer. Also in the terms of shoving more utility into an archon's kit, she's gonna use catalyst and if she doesn't heal but can use prototype amber with Raiden tier utility?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Port Ormos day theme 15 minute loop

You're welcome

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Eimi posted:

I don't think Nahida will be a healer just because Baizhu exists and he will 100% be the dendro 5* healer. Also in the terms of shoving more utility into an archon's kit, she's gonna use catalyst and if she doesn't heal but can use prototype amber with Raiden tier utility?

Baizou is currently slated to not come out for at least like 6 months unless they update the 3.4 leaks.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Is there a playable Dendro character in the new version?

Less importantly, has the game made any progress on the story of what Teyvat is, what Paimon is, who the traveler is, where their sibling is, or how they relate to the mysterious god in the opening?

That stuff really grabbed me in 1.0. Fell off after the patch where they finished Liyue (ice mountain, lantern festival). The stories were mostly character-focused, which I get for selling gatcha pulls but it wasn't what drew me into the world. I really enjoyed the effortposts by loremasters in the previous iteration of this thread. It was easy to imagine a much cooler story than what I was seeing in-game. The pieces are all there in books and bits of dialog, but with the pace I didn't see it going anywhere until maybe the final elemental-themed region.

Someone in the last thread also recommend the Sun Cycle books by Gene Wolfe with some Sci-fi parallels. I read the Long Sun books and they were interesting in a unique way so big thanks to whoever that was. I could see the ark Teyvat as the Whorl under another name.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

Less importantly, has the game made any progress on the story of what Teyvat is, what Paimon is, who the traveler is, where their sibling is, or how they relate to the mysterious god in the opening?

There's currently an event giving out a free dendro 4* (Collei) and there's dendro MC, you just missed the new dendro 5* banner though.

I think they have definitly expanded on your story questions in Inazuma and especially Enkanomiya/Chasm, but no hard answers about the mysterious god yet. Reception for Sumerus story has been great, Inazuma is more mixed. I think you'll be pretty behind on the main story so you might need to catch up on the character stuff too, whether you feel that's worth it is :shrug:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

There are currently three playable Dendro characters: Traveler has a Dendro version now (who's actually a really great Dendro applier and seeing a lot of use in teams), and then there's Collei (4*) and Tighnari (5* who will also be added to the standard banner in 3.1).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Heran Bago posted:

That stuff really grabbed me in 1.0. Fell off after the patch where they finished Liyue (ice mountain, lantern festival). The stories were mostly character-focused, which I get for selling gatcha pulls but it wasn't what drew me into the world. I really enjoyed the effortposts by loremasters in the previous iteration of this thread. It was easy to imagine a much cooler story than what I was seeing in-game. The pieces are all there in books and bits of dialog, but with the pace I didn't see it going anywhere until maybe the final elemental-themed region.
inazuma didnt really touch on any of that stuff, but sumeru has done a ton of worldbuilding even if it didnt really touch directly on that stuff. the chasm and dainsleif stuff otoh is all about that stuff and theres two quests of that now. i get the feeling youd enjoy sumeru's story.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
What we've seen of Sumeru offers some tantalizing lore bits, since it seems to be dealing directly with the Ley Lines and about why they're in such a hosed up state.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
The new banner is pretty much a choice between an unstoppable murder machine (Ganyu) or becoming effectively unkillable (Kokomi) so pick the one that suits your play style.

Sumeru is great, touch the wisdom grass all you want but do not touch the cursed wisdom tree.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The new event is weird but pretty dang fun. And kind of tempting me to try out EM Klee.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

My hunch has been that Nilou is going to be very geared towards bringing out the most in Hyperbloom somehow though in what way it will be better than characters like Kokomi, Mona, Yelan etc I'm not sure.

Tree Reformat posted:

What we've seen of Sumeru offers some tantalizing lore bits, since it seems to be dealing directly with the Ley Lines and about why they're in such a hosed up state.

I've sort of noticed the Irminsul tree has been mentioned in lore nuggets for a while now as pretty important to Teyvats I guess structural integrity and laws.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 8, 2022

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Which quests do I have to finish to do sumeru bounties please

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

padijun posted:

Pretty sure you need the archon quest, and then grind world quests until you hit rep 2. This was posted a few pages back and really helped me get the last few quests I needed. https://game8.co/games/Genshin-Impact/archives/387498

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
We know Nilou's kit.... it's basically rear end outside of her special bloom passive. The special bloom passive gives flat +dmg to blooms based on Nilou's HP for every point above 30,000.

This means she's in a bad spot without her 5 star sword because she misses out on a load of her passive damage due to no hp substat 4 or 3 star sword. (this isnt a moonglow situation either, even on top of the substat the 5 star sword passive is incredibly good).

Her main issue is a.) dendro supports are not very good at the moment and her comp's damage mostly scales with the # of blooms that get created and b.) her passive does not actually lead to substantively more damage than hyperbloom, and it's much easier to control the trigger for hyperbloom to make sure the max EM character triggers it consistently (and nilou provides less utility than kuki!). Bountiful bloom (nilou's bloom) does have aoe which is good but you can't run anemo in her comps or her passive turns off.

Truthfully I am going to put a pity on her weapon banner if the other weapon is good, and if I get her sword I'll pull her and otherwise skip until her next run when the dendro ecosystem is more mature. Otherwise she seems frustrating at the moment given how much she relies on future dendro characters + you don't actually want to run kokomi with her but you're stuck doing so due to the dendro healer situation.

Like looking back on it they've given every 5 star support a reason to exist eventually, even if it took six months for yae, so I should have a little more faith it just looks like nilou needs a ton that isnt there yet.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 8, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kale posted:

My hunch has been that Nilou is going to be very geared towards bringing out the most in Hyperbloom somehow though in what way it will be better than characters like Kokomi, Mona, Yelan etc I'm not sure.

Nilou is very specifically anti-hyperbloom. She's all about taking regular bloom and making it stronger. Her passive doesn't even work if she has any elements in her party other than hydro and dendro. She's designed with a fairly narrow niche.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wouldnt be surprised to see people running her in non-bloom teams, though. due to how she works, shes capable of reverse vape, which means her damage in vaporize teams is actually pretty high. she'd have two dead passives, but she should still be functional there.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Space Opera posted:

Pretty sure you need the archon quest, and then grind world quests until you hit rep 2. This was posted a few pages back and really helped me get the last few quests I needed. https://game8.co/games/Genshin-Impact/archives/387498

It's definitely before rep 2, I just got the rep yesterday and have been doing dailies for a while.

I cant stop getting +def% artifacts in this new domain, yeesh.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I still can't make any sense of her E. Why are there two (or three?) parts to her stance?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Either she does sword or she wets herself and goes off field. I guess they understood how restrictive a non-healer non-dps non-shielder 0-EM buildaround like nilou is and gave her the option to apply on or off field.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

valuum posted:

It's definitely before rep 2, I just got the rep yesterday and have been doing dailies for a while.

I cant stop getting +def% artifacts in this new domain, yeesh.

The ask was for bounties, which need rep. Dailies are unlocked by completing the archon quest and have no rep requirement.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Nilou's off field hydro application is bad for her bloom teams since dendro is the strong side of the reaction (applying 1U dendro to a .8U hydro aura removes the aura leaving you with nothing, applying 1U of hydro to .8 dendro aura leaves you with .3 Dendro aura). What you'd want is for her to provide the passive and stack HP while a different hydro stacked EM to be the trigger but since the passive buff is tied to her skill that's not possible and Nilou is just going to steal blooms and make gearing the team a mess.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I really hope she can find a place in non dendro teams then. All of that sounds pretty terrible for a character whose look I love.

Though given who its speculated she is alongside Eula, I am going for their weapon and if I get Nilous that's a bonus and incentive to go for her.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Space Opera posted:

The ask was for bounties, which need rep. Dailies are unlocked by completing the archon quest and have no rep requirement.

No idea how I managed to misread that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

padijun posted:

I don't know what the most efficient way to go about it is, but I went with both Archon Quests, the first Sumeru exploration reward and then I did these:

• The Price
  • Adventure Takes Courage!
  • The Path of Papers
  • While the Dream Lingers
  • Even Beasts Stumble
  • Treasure of Wisdom: A New Plan
  • Courage is in the Heart
  • Where Are the Fierce Creatures?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Eimi posted:

I really hope she can find a place in non dendro teams then. All of that sounds pretty terrible for a character whose look I love.

Though given who its speculated she is alongside Eula, I am going for their weapon and if I get Nilous that's a bonus and incentive to go for her.

It's all prerelease analysis, so it's possible people are missing something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also, rumors that dori will be free in a later event, so dont worry if you dont get her on these banners

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Endorph posted:

also, rumors that dori will be free in a later event, so dont worry if you dont get her on these banners

the way I look at it at worst ill get a free constellation so :shrug:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
That archon quest was about four hours long, what a nightmare. My fault for going along with the Skinner box I guess. Did *anyone* not realize it was a time loop 30 seconds into the second half?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I haven't even started it yet :negative:

Just got done with the collei event stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tanreall posted:

It's all prerelease analysis, so it's possible people are missing something.

Yeah it's pretty good practice to never trust beta testers analysis of a character. Not writing her off, but def going for that other character first and their weapon and if I get Nilou's weapon alongside? Bonus incentive.