Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I am working on this and I dunno. Any suggestions Goons?

### Get Beefy! Beasts
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 2x (1) Sunscale Raptor
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Shan'do Wildclaw
# 1x (4) Ambassador Faelin
# 2x (4) Azsharan Saber
# 2x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 2x (5) Pet Collector
# 1x (5) The Rat King
# 2x (5) Trampling Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 2x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (9) King Krush
# 1x (9) Oondasta
#
AAEBAa/XAwyG0wKbigOPzgPB0APl7wPK+wPbkQThnwTlsATnuQSbyQSX7wQOgAfylgP/ugOG4gPq6QPb6gPw7AOpnwS9oATlpATArATAuQSDyAS/0wQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

Oenis posted:

I have zero interest in BGs, especially after trying it out a few times, so I just sent the quest to the bin.

Same, battlegrounds was never fun for me even as I (slowly) started to understand it. No interest at all in trying again.

The brawl seemed impossible until I ran priest and both 1) got nozdormu & 2) somehow cloned him

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I did well with Paladin on my first attempt at this despite that deck being kind of bad, but that's mostly because Paladin has a good amount of removal spells and spells that summon big boards to discover. It helps that you have a lot of divine shield minions, so it's almost always going to take two spells to remove them.

Also, this tavern brawl's just another example of the biggest problem with Hearthstone's singleplayer: they refuse to give you a deck that's actually good.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Also, this tavern brawl's just another example of the biggest problem with Hearthstone's singleplayer: they refuse to give you a deck that's actually good.

I've been having a ton of fun with Runeterra's single player mode, to the point where I never even play the PVP modes.

I guess I got lucky on the tavern brawl because I picked Priest and smeared him on the first try (also I was not paying attention and didn't realize it was AI until I'd almost won)

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I won on the first try with Warlock because I drew Nozdormu on curve and also got a board clear for free. The Warlock deck is not great with a lot of demon boosters but comparatively few actual demons.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
The level 100 Tavern Pass skins are super sweet. Is there still enough time in the season to attempt it?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Almost certainly. The mini-set isn't even out yet.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Tezzeract posted:

The level 100 Tavern Pass skins are super sweet. Is there still enough time in the season to attempt it?

I'm only 89 and I always max it out before the next season. Plenty of time.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Tezzeract posted:

Expansion won’t likely drop until the first week of December, you have a looong time to complete it

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Im 194 because I like to have a month vacation from HS before the new expansion

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Toshimo posted:

The alternative was that the game mode goes away because it was losing money, so... Hearthstone is a land of contrasts?
I would be willing to bet a significant sum that like everything ActiBlizz does, it was not losing money. It just wasn't making ENOUGH money.

The entire company has absolutely no interest in creating content beyond 'what is necessary to monetise'. They believe games are art as much as the industrial scale milker believes cows' lives have value.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Patch notes tomorrow, patch next week.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Shockeh posted:

I would be willing to bet a significant sum that like everything ActiBlizz does, it was not losing money. It just wasn't making ENOUGH money.

The entire company has absolutely no interest in creating content beyond 'what is necessary to monetise'. They believe games are art as much as the industrial scale milker believes cows' lives have value.

Maybe, but talking with players of varying backgrounds, I have a sneaky suspicion that BGs weren't selling >$1m/yr in cosmetics. And that's the minimum the game mode was costing them (in reality, I expect the the total cost was somewhere in the $3-5m/yr range).

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen anything to contradict that.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Mayveena posted:

Patch notes tomorrow, patch next week.

change of plans

https://twitter.com/hsdecktech/status/1568032640313458689

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Toshimo posted:

Maybe, but talking with players of varying backgrounds, I have a sneaky suspicion that BGs weren't selling >$1m/yr in cosmetics. And that's the minimum the game mode was costing them (in reality, I expect the the total cost was somewhere in the $3-5m/yr range).

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen anything to contradict that.
Battlegrounds being bundled up inside the Hearthstone client massively hinders its profitability. Personally I think it's a good thing but I'm sure the bean counters at Blizz need to make sure the execs can afford an extra Ferrari every year so they can keep their jobs.

I can't believe anyone of importance at Blizz cares about numbers around the $1m/year mark anyway, complete peanuts for such a huge conglomerate.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852686

nerfs to guff (a mild one imo), edwin, dawngrasp's hero power, nightcloak sanctum, hunter quest, starfish, major nerf to kael. buffs to school teacher and bannerman

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
We waited weeks for this??

Not seeing it; these changes are so minor

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
That's a big hit to Kael.

Everything else seems safe and reasonable.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The change to Guff is like a 6-7 mana nerf. Harsh, but fair.

Firebert posted:

We waited weeks for this??

Not seeing it; these changes are so minor

In general minor changes do way more than players think they do, but even moreso in this meta. Just one -1/-1 change killed Imp Warlock, for example.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh gently caress yes so much dust

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

also lol paladin is still fuckin' dead until the miniset at the very least

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

On one hand gently caress Kael on the other hand druids don’t even care so lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

In general minor changes do way more than players think they do, but even moreso in this meta. Just one -1/-1 change killed Imp Warlock, for example.

Imp Warlock’s hardly dead, it’s just in a much worse position in the meta. It’s always struggled against mage and edwin miracle rogue crushes it.

It’s still one of the strongest counters to ramp Druid and still does well against most of the other decks, making it still a good deck to hit legend with, but when you get to the ranks where it’s all Mage/Druid/Rogue it’s better to run aggro Druid to pick up more wins against the Rogues while still beating Druid handily

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

The change to Guff is like a 6-7 mana nerf. Harsh, but fair.

I don't think imps died to the -1/-1, they just got outclassed. but I do agree with your general point.

I think nerfing Kael was the right choice out of the combo but I also feel like they completely killed the card, now it is not even good to play big things earlier which is what it is supposed to do.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
Was hoping they'd hit Brann directly and was hoping they'd adjust Theotar, otherwise the nerfs are good, especially Quest Hunter because any nerfs to Quest Hunter are great.

Gonna queue up Curse Imp Warlock after it hits and see if I can get people to rage against that abyssal curses again

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Reddit comment :

quote:

Kael being at 8 is possibly goated for quest priest (Kael + 1 or 2 mana minion + quest reward) !

:thunk:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think there will be less Theotars now that only druids can combo Brann with Denathrius, and even then they will be much slower. Also, I agree with their rationale for not nerfing Brann, it enables a lot of fun stuff that I wouldn't like to see go.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I like the changes. I'm a little concerned that Druid hasn't been hit hard enough, but Guff alone might be enough to let the aggro decks get under them - it's no longer a stability play on turn 5.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

peer posted:

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852686

nerfs to guff (a mild one imo), edwin, dawngrasp's hero power, nightcloak sanctum, hunter quest, starfish, major nerf to kael. buffs to school teacher and bannerman

Ah, so only one class can now still pull off Kael/Brann/Sire shenanigans consistently. Seems a very intuitive measure in order to combat the problem.

Just bad luck for the other classes that it's one of the two dominant ones and the one which has plenty of tools to juice Denathrius up the wazoo.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 9, 2022

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Trying to figure out what's a fun deck to play, any good ones?

What's surprising is that the Whizbang decks are really synergistic now... they all feel standard competitive.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Murloc Shaman is a fun aggro deck and probably gets a lot better in the new patch. Evolve Shaman is maybe less competitive but a lot of fun!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I wonder if Shaman will still play Kael (if that deck is even playable), since you can still Kael-Bolner-Denny? No shot Druid runs it since Guff is still gonna be played in all ramp.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I've been playing odd quest hunter in wild for a year. It was at a place where things could be a toss up vs most of the other wild meta decks. But I think this is it for that one now. :rip:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Is all OK. No Tonk fuckery :(

### DragLoc
# Class: Warlock
#
# 1x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 1x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 1x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 1x (1) Tour Guide
# 1x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Drain Soul
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Backfire
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Dark Skies
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Sense Demons
# 1x (3) Tome Tampering
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Fire Breather
# 1x (4) Hellfire
# 1x (4) Hysteria
# 1x (4) Immolate
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Seadevil Stinger
# 1x (4) Spice Bread Baker
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (5) Gorloc Ravager
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Entitled Customer
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Tickatus
# 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (8) Gigafin
# 1x (8) Kazakusan
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAarABCjcBry2Ati7AvO9At/EAufLAvLQApz4AvyjA+usA5GxA5vNA9fOA5LeA87hA/jjA5PkA6bvA8D5A4L7A4P7A6iKBLCKBI+fBIOgBOegBKWtBISwBOWwBMeyBNWyBPXHBPXOBOnQBJbUBJjUBJrUBPnYBLjZBJfvBAAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 10, 2022

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

victorious posted:

Murloc Shaman is a fun aggro deck and probably gets a lot better in the new patch. Evolve Shaman is maybe less competitive but a lot of fun!

Murloc is still fine and dandy:

### Sir Finley, Clown
# Class: Shaman
#
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 1x (1) Unite the Murlocs
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Clownfish
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us
# 2x (4) Murlocula
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 1x (4) Scargil
# 2x (4) Tidelost Burrower
# 2x (5) Gorloc Ravager
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAc+LBQbgBYQXm8QCnJsDqO4D5bAEDL8XjJQDtZgD3ewDlfADq6AE1bIEssEEws4Exc4E7tMEy+IEAA==
#

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Lister posted:

I've been playing odd quest hunter in wild for a year. It was at a place where things could be a toss up vs most of the other wild meta decks. But I think this is it for that one now. :rip:

I hate you and I am happy your deck is dead God Bless

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Tezzeract posted:

What's surprising is that the Whizbang decks are really synergistic now... they all feel standard competitive.

Do Whizbang/Zayle decks update or are they attached to the expansion they came out in?

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Wow lots of changed legendaries. Got like 10k gold although will probably recraft most. Good to get rid of my golden kael though.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

Do Whizbang/Zayle decks update or are they attached to the expansion they came out in?

Whizbang always plays the deck templates, so I know that updates. I'm not sure about Zayle though.

I'll futz around with some murlocs :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I played way too much Relic DH today. After initial success I levelled out to 50/50. The deck just doesn't really work if you don't have the location cards.