Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Aruba support is awful, to the level where they aren't even reading the initial request and you can see in the ticket history that whoever triaged and assigned it to the relevant queue has hosed up every single detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
My coworker's toilet flush is loud and clear in our teams call.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

sorry, thought I was on mute

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Actuarial Fables posted:

That was literally my girlfriend today. The bathroom is next to my office and she didn't close the door for *reasons*.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Actuarial Fables posted:

This is never a problem for me. The issue is more of “can I hear you blasting your bowels?”.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I keep my microphone muted unless I'm about to say something. I guess I'm sorta broken from playing EVE for over a decade :v:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
it’s clear these office drones never played WoW on vent

push to talk you plebes, then don’t want to hear your background anything

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I got folks that are resistant to PTT because they're so addicted to getting work done that they don't want to have to swap back to zoom to be able to say something. So we get to listen to them slapping away at their keyboards the whole meeting.

Meetings are space out and chill time, if the company is gonna mandate me to attend I sure as heck am not going to reward them by multitasking.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Teams gives me the ability to mute anyone and everyone, and I take advantage. I'm way past the point of caring if someone is offended that I muted them because they forgot to mute themselves.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Wibla posted:

I keep my microphone muted unless I'm about to say something. I guess I'm sorta broken from playing EVE for over a decade :v:

Yeah it's weird that both the old people and the young people missed the teamspeak/ventrilo heyday where always use push to talk was stressed so we didn't have to hear someone's SO yell at them while they were raiding or whatever. I do appreciate RTX voice to filter noise out. Nobody knows how loud my keyboard is.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I don't know why people don't use PTT. I don't want to be caught slippin and talking poo poo with a hot mic.

Not even a gamer impulse, it's a don't get fired impulse.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Wibla posted:

Alright guys, the gate is RED, the gate is RED. *muffled* No mom, I'm not hungry, I don't want dinner right now. Ok guys, gate is GREEN everyone jump now.

After the 5th time you hear that, you learn proper mic hygiene.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

THE GOD drat GATE IS RED

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Internet Explorer posted:

THE GOD drat GATE IS RED

DO NOT JUMP!

*4 people jump through, having only heard 'Jump'*

Which loving morons jumped through?

*10 more people jump in*

UGGGHGHHHH gently caress OK ASSHOLES, GATE IS GREEN, let's go die horribly because people can't listen.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I only use PTT in games. My customers and coworkers can deal with my clacky rear end keyboard and they'll like it.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

KillHour posted:

I only use PTT in games. My customers and coworkers can deal with my clacky rear end keyboard and they'll like it.

A mute for thee, not for me.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I've got a wireless headset with mute and volume buttons on the actual headset. There's a very good chance I'm looking out the window or getting a drink during a meeting, and if I need to jump in on something, I can unmute easily from anywhere in the house.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

xzzy posted:

I got folks that are resistant to PTT because they're so addicted to getting work done that they don't want to have to swap back to zoom to be able to say something. So we get to listen to them slapping away at their keyboards the whole meeting.

Meetings are space out and chill time, if the company is gonna mandate me to attend I sure as heck am not going to reward them by multitasking.
I leave it on voice and look like I am working.

I am playing 2048.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
“This? This is my flat frequency response, close proximity ribbon mic. It cost over a thousand dollars.”

*proceeds to breathe heavily while slurping from what sounds like a Folgers can*

- customer executive

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Agrikk posted:

“This? This is my flat frequency response, close proximity ribbon mic. It cost over a thousand dollars.”

*proceeds to breathe heavily while slurping from what sounds like a Folgers can*

- customer executive

stop posting your onlyfans asmr reviews in the thread

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

currently pissed off because I'm getting paid more for way less work in this new role and I feel bad about it.

but I check what my other coworkers are doing, and they're doing arguably less, then I feel bad because work isn't getting done and someone is going to yell at me rather than them.

then they do something I don't know immediately how to also do and the impostor syndrome rears its head

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Get a second job being overpaid to do barely any work and then you won't have as much time to think about it and a lot more money to make you feel better.

ptier
Jul 2, 2007

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Pillbug

Thanks Ants posted:

Aruba support is awful, to the level where they aren't even reading the initial request and you can see in the ticket history that whoever triaged and assigned it to the relevant queue has hosed up every single detail.

Yes. This. All day everyday. We are very close to being able to pull the trigger on a Juniper Mist transition to get away from those assholes. It doesn’t help the product kinda sucks. But the support could paper over that easy. Instead it’s the HPE way of “who gives a poo poo, you paid a lot of money who you gonna go to now!”

Spite can generate the will to make a large change.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If you publish documentation without including a creation and modified date then I will hunt you down :argh:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Literally going to kill myself if people dont start loving remembering how to reset their passwords.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

codo27 posted:

Literally going to kill myself if people dont start loving remembering how to reset their passwords.

I think that microsoft lack of a user-facing guide for SSPR, regardless of how simple it is, is a noticeable problem. The official guide (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/concept-sspr-howitworks) is only for admins.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Have a look in https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57600

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Unlike the official docs, the enduser packages on download.microsoft.com are never translated, which makes them useless for us. Same for stuff like phish simulator on 365 where we have thousands of models which does sweet gently caress all for us since there is no Italian language models.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ah, that does suck.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
First day of vacation
Getting calls from a VP because a branch is having software issues. They have "tried everything".
I call said branch, get error code. Have the user open the FAQ and search for the code... Magically the solution works. . But I don't need a backup or additional staff.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

joebuddah posted:

First day of vacation
Getting calls from a VP because a branch is having software issues. They have "tried everything".
I call said branch, get error code. Have the user open the FAQ and search for the code... Magically the solution works. . But I don't need a backup or additional staff.

You're getting comped with another vacation day, right?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Client: Receives an invoice via email from someone they have never dealt with before, pays it
"Why didn't you stop this hack?"

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Thanks Ants posted:

Client: Receives an invoice via email from someone they have never dealt with before, pays it
"Why didn't you stop this hack?"

That's one of the beautiful things about European bureaucracy, any mail with an invoice that comes from a non-eidas address is invalid and has no value so it can automatically trashed/sent to junk email. Anyone that pays an invoice outside an eidas message payload in public sector is doing an administrative crime(with possible jail time) so it's one of the few cases where the staff is careful about following rules.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005

KillHour posted:

You're getting comped with another vacation day, right?

Doubtful. Last time this happened, the branch manager bought me a bottle of Johnny Blue

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

SlowBloke posted:

That's one of the beautiful things about European bureaucracy, any mail with an invoice that comes from a non-eidas address is invalid and has no value so it can automatically trashed/sent to junk email. Anyone that pays an invoice outside an eidas message payload in public sector is doing an administrative crime(with possible jail time) so it's one of the few cases where the staff is careful about following rules.

off-topic but isn't it just a requirement to be able to receive and process invoices with eidas? and anything beyond that is up to the country

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Jeoh posted:

off-topic but isn't it just a requirement to be able to receive and process invoices with eidas? and anything beyond that is up to the country

Italy is weirdly enough far ahead of the rest of eu, we have a dedicated ruleset for invoices. The invoice needs to be a special xml, signed in xades format with a eidas-QES signature, sent to a eidas-REM mailbox (source https://agenziaentrate.gov.it/portale/web/english/electronic-invoicing). Anything but is void.
The rest of Europe has less stringent rules like the PEPPOL system (https://peppol.eu/about-openpeppol/what-is-openpeppol/) where the message is still not delivered thru conventional email addresses.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

joebuddah posted:

Doubtful. Last time this happened, the branch manager bought me a bottle of Johnny Blue

Ah yes, the company has decided that you have to work on vacation because they won't pay for a sub so the manager feels bad for you so he dips into his open pocket to compensate you on the company's behalf. Both you and the manager get hosed for the benefit of the company while the company loses nothing. Working as intended.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

poo poo I wouldn't have answered the phone.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

We are using Starlink as a backup in a remote location, and I went to said location to set it up as they were unable to get it working. Its actually real easy when its working. If you try to use it away from where your billing address is, you have to pay another $30/mo CAD in order to enable portability. gently caress elon. Anyway, spent 2 hours or something loving around with it (plus a 1.5hr drive each way), no dice. I asked if portability had been enabled, was assured it was. Brought it back to the main office, sat there for a while, manager mentions it to me the other day. Before contacting Starlink to troubleshoot, I say I'll go test it out. Works instantly. Portability not enabled.

Going on vacation next week. Cant wait for the phone calls, especially from our very special security staff who are the cause of 100% of their own issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Trying to assign me a couple of tickets you've done nothing with for three days just before a weekend? Lol nope, unlucky.