Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

Sorry, I only recognise the term Premium Live Event

Prince of the Pape, Queen of the Preem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Looks like this mod needs a taste!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will only ever say ppv

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

i don't even remember what pape is or why its a culture war issue to say it here

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

projecthalaxy posted:

i don't even remember what pape is or why its a culture war issue to say it here

Joke from the Young Bucks bio that we transmitted to Daddy Magic via incessant posting at Stab

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

projecthalaxy posted:

https://twitter.com/decembertragedy/status/1567912842761756672?t=N8BjJz7CIxx3dnqhX2v_mg&s=19

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Thank you for the feedback. I am going to keep saying ppv out of habit probably.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

PPV is also to be pronounced puh-puh-vuh

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its pronounced pay per view.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I call it Pee Pee Weeeeee

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

edogawa rando posted:

PPV is also to be pronounced puh-puh-vuh

Getting flash backs to a man calling DVDs dih vih duhs and I can't remember who the hell that was

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Paper View (because all the buys are TK with fake accounts)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

stab posted:

New rule: anyone saying PPV instead of Pape gets a sixer

Only in the AEW weekly thread.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Getting flash backs to a man calling DVDs dih vih duhs and I can't remember who the hell that was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5acDTfjJsV4&t=15s

?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hey y'all! Your other friendly new mod here. I'm going to be less active for another week or so while I'm away for work, so you may not see me popping up as often as I usually do in threads.

That being said, I want to echo a lot of what Critical already said in their very good post earlier. We didn't really communicate on our approach to modding or anything but we both seem to have come to a pretty similar plan of action for the forum. I really, truly don't want to have to probate anyone and for sure don't want to ban anyone. So far, both Critical and I have seen conversations getting weird a couple of times and jumped in to try and break the cycle there. I don't know if that's for sure been the reason threads didn't go fully off the rails and don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but I hope it helps!

I'd also echo the request to not dogpile on folks, whether it's because they said something you disagree with or are being legitimate dumb shits. I don't know if it necessarily helps for multiple people to quote a probate-able post multiple times, because then it just keeps living through the thread. Maybe it'd be best to just report the post or feel free to shoot me a PM if you see a post that needs some action on it. Again, as a new mod I'm not saying this is a rule but it's something I've seen that I don't think benefits anyone and just gives a bad poster a reason to keep making bad posts until things get terrible.

Everyone has bad days. Everyone will make a post they wish they hadn't. I want to say, it's nice to see Elephant Ambush come back from a probation and own up to things & apologize. I don't know if I see that happen all that often around here and it's a nice thing to see!

I became a goon in 2005 and, sadly, have not looked back since. I rarely ever venture out of this forum for anything. This is a fun place to post and I'm pretty stoked that I was selected to be a mod because now I can rule with unfettered power do my part to help in keeping this a nice place to post.

In closing, enjoy these pictures of our cats:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm glad you're both taking the same approach from the start because it's a great approach and it's already showing results

shout out to the rest of the mods for chilling out a bit too, the last couple days have been noticeably different in atmosphere

I've always preferred the just make a post and tell people to chill or they'll get probed method rather than just handing them out constantly to everyone because a warning typically works and the posters it doesn't work for don't end up here long anyway

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
My suggestion is to make the picture of Adam Cole standing next to Zack sabre the background for the forum

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hey y'all! Your other friendly new mod here. I'm going to be less active for another week or so while I'm away for work, so you may not see me popping up as often as I usually do in threads.

That being said, I want to echo a lot of what Critical already said in their very good post earlier. We didn't really communicate on our approach to modding or anything but we both seem to have come to a pretty similar plan of action for the forum. I really, truly don't want to have to probate anyone and for sure don't want to ban anyone. So far, both Critical and I have seen conversations getting weird a couple of times and jumped in to try and break the cycle there. I don't know if that's for sure been the reason threads didn't go fully off the rails and don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but I hope it helps!

I'd also echo the request to not dogpile on folks, whether it's because they said something you disagree with or are being legitimate dumb shits. I don't know if it necessarily helps for multiple people to quote a probate-able post multiple times, because then it just keeps living through the thread. Maybe it'd be best to just report the post or feel free to shoot me a PM if you see a post that needs some action on it. Again, as a new mod I'm not saying this is a rule but it's something I've seen that I don't think benefits anyone and just gives a bad poster a reason to keep making bad posts until things get terrible.

Everyone has bad days. Everyone will make a post they wish they hadn't. I want to say, it's nice to see Elephant Ambush come back from a probation and own up to things & apologize. I don't know if I see that happen all that often around here and it's a nice thing to see!

I became a goon in 2005 and, sadly, have not looked back since. I rarely ever venture out of this forum for anything. This is a fun place to post and I'm pretty stoked that I was selected to be a mod because now I can rule with unfettered power do my part to help in keeping this a nice place to post.

im going to feed you to mother wurm

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

JOHN CENA posted:

HAIL MOTHER WURM

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JOHN CENA posted:

HAIL MOTHER W– oh wait. I don’t live in Austin anymore 🪱

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

You are an actual saint

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

will an animated PNG do

Replace all the ice cream bar avs immediately

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
PNG's can have animation???

(I have made the request)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Daivari, Slim J and Boudreaux from left to right

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Everyone should be required to have gangtags of Team Elite or Team Punk or Team Moxley and it should be like rock paper scissors

there is no Team Hangman because he is mushrooms.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm Team Scissor

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Lid posted:

Everyone should be required to have gangtags of Team Elite or Team Punk or Team Moxley and it should be like rock paper scissors

Team Sammy vlog

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

Sorry, my only team is Astronauts

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Team Strong BJ

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

cagliostr0 posted:

Team Sammy vlog

You've already got the team av

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Team Rhodes Scholars

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Team Black Peach

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Team ChocoPro Jankem

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Rarity posted:

Team ChocoPro Jankem

:stare:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

We have cats?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Rarity posted:

Team ChocoPro Jankem

Those cubes weren't chocolate...

Senerio