Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tanreall posted:

Nilou's off field hydro application is bad for her bloom teams since dendro is the strong side of the reaction (applying 1U dendro to a .8U hydro aura removes the aura leaving you with nothing, applying 1U of hydro to .8 dendro aura leaves you with .3 Dendro aura). What you'd want is for her to provide the passive and stack HP while a different hydro stacked EM to be the trigger but since the passive buff is tied to her skill that's not possible and Nilou is just going to steal blooms and make gearing the team a mess.
I remember the early rumor was bloom scaling off of the dendro's EM and the hydro's hp. Sounds a lot better, doesn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

This poo poo is too complicated imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you dont have to pay attention to any of it for any of the content in the game tbh, even abyss 12-3

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have never memorized a single character's ICD or elemental application rate and I'm doing just fine focusing on crit and artifact sets.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

padijun posted:

That archon quest was about four hours long, what a nightmare. My fault for going along with the Skinner box I guess. Did *anyone* not realize it was a time loop 30 seconds into the second half?

Were YOU paying attention? It was explicitly not a time loop, that was the first (incorrect) theory by the Traveler.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think it's good when my characters make lots of big colorful numbers show up on the screen, personally

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The second time I did the archon quest, it only took a little over an hour. Spacebar got a workout.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

I remember the early rumor was bloom scaling off of the dendro's EM and the hydro's hp. Sounds a lot better, doesn't it?

It's probably how it'll end up working but it's not ideally how it would work since you just generate less blooms using dendro as the trigger.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think Nilou's demo is going to give her a workout

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Were YOU paying attention? It was explicitly not a time loop, that was the first (incorrect) theory by the Traveler.

Genshin thread regulars when they encounter 4 lines of dialogue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9Ebe_rA8M

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

Genshin thread regulars when they encounter 4 lines of dialogue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9Ebe_rA8M

Me, but when I already know what they're going to say because THEY JUST SAID IT

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly sumeru doesnt have nearly as much repeated dialog/explanations as inazuma did

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I kinda wish Nilou specialized and scaled off EM, though I know that isn't what they're planning for hydros.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

This is it. The fabled worst weapon banner ever.

Dammit, there go all my Fates. I gotta get Ganyu that bow so that Fischl can always have the Skyward Harp. Also, oh my god game, please give me more Sacrificial swords.

Endorph posted:

also, rumors that dori will be free in a later event, so dont worry if you dont get her on these banners

Well that'll save me from rolling a ton on the Kokomi banner at least.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Dammit, there go all my Fates. I gotta get Ganyu that bow so that Fischl can always have the Skyward Harp. Also, oh my god game, please give me more Sacrificial swords.

Well that'll save me from rolling a ton on the Kokomi banner at least.
Hamayumi R5 is within 5% of amos for melt... Please. I beg you. Do not roll on this horrible thing.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Infinity Gaia posted:

Absolutely not, but I still got the "twist," and I'm sorry, what's the difference? If the protag wakes up multiple times to the same thing and they have to figure out how to stop it, it's a time loop episode. At least with star trek it's over in 45 minutes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Hamayumi R5 is within 5% of amos for melt... Please. I beg you. Do not roll on this horrible thing.

I mean I want more Sacrificial Swords too anyway since I don't have a R5 one yet so there's nothing to be done. It's a shame that I have everything but the Favonius Greatsword fully refined right now too but them's the breaks.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

padijun posted:

Absolutely not, but I still got the "twist," and I'm sorry, what's the difference? If the protag wakes up multiple times to the same thing and they have to figure out how to stop it, it's a time loop episode. At least with star trek it's over in 45 minutes.

Shameful coward who has never watched the Endless Eight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

padijun posted:

I...why are you still playing, are you some skinner box junky

do you think this is somehow changing with the story

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tae posted:

I...why are you still playing, are you some skinner box junky

yes, and if you do your commissions and spend your stamina every day I have some bad news for you

I wanted to unlock the commissions and bounties and there's only one way to do that. I still find the rest of the game pretty fun :shrug:

padijun fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 8, 2022

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

The real endgame is running around the overworld with Yelen one-shotting everything with 30-60k hits from her E.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Eimi posted:

Shameful coward who has never watched the Endless Eight.

God damnit, I'll never get those hours back.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rexxed posted:

God damnit, I'll never get those hours back.

I watched that show recently not knowing anything about it, and I was studiously paying attention to details/differences in each episode thinking there would be some masterful twist at the end of the arc.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I watched that show recently not knowing anything about it, and I was studiously paying attention to details/differences in each episode thinking there would be some masterful twist at the end of the arc.

The little differences are the fun bit.

The only thing better than endless eight was all the complaining about it at the time.

Plus, it didn't make me press a button after every sentence/tiny animation. Thank god they didn't actually make you play through more than one real day, that would've been properly intolerable

Also, gonna get the green seelie, I get the country color's seelie for these and probably the blue one the first time around. I don't use them, because they're kinda in the way on top of making noise (I feel like all the floating pets get in the way while aiming, unless you've already been spotted), but they're nice to have.

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know what the most efficient way to go about it is, but I went with both Archon Quests, the first Sumeru exploration reward and then I did these:

• The Price
  • Adventure Takes Courage!
  • The Path of Papers
  • While the Dream Lingers
  • Even Beasts Stumble
  • Treasure of Wisdom: A New Plan
  • Courage is in the Heart
  • Where Are the Fierce Creatures?

This looks like the ones I did. Thankfully, the non-aranara quests don't have a million subparts, so they're fairly quick to sort out.

I know it's not going to happen, but it would be nice if they changed the seedbox to work like the new fishing thing, and just silently not pick up seeds when you're maxed. Hopefully I'll remember to pop that in the next survey, now that they've apparently figured out how to make a gadget just be on.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

I have never memorized a single character's ICD or elemental application rate and I'm doing just fine focusing on crit and artifact sets.

you don't memorize icds and poo poo
you just gotta hit stuff and go "hm this character makes a lot of reactions", "hmm this other character makes relatively few reactions"

Kale
May 14, 2010

Really what is with people and having to read with this game. Is it just a super popular talking point basically.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kale posted:

Really what is with people and having to read with this game. Is it just a super popular talking point basically.

Because most of the stuff isn't worth reading and is just stuff you have to sit through to get back to what you want in the exploration, puzzle, and combat sections.
There's some tolerable to good story stuff, but there's also trash padding that's just there to pander to people by showing their favorite waifus and husbandos are quirky just like the player!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

waifus and husbandos here meaning 'characters'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also banner leaks for the whole sumeru cycle, take it with a grain of salt but

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

also banner leaks for the whole sumeru cycle, take it with a grain of salt but

The specific leaker is a reposter and doesn't have very reliable sources so extra grain of salt.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

what the fuuuuuck my primos :qq:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

The specific leaker is a reposter and doesn't have very reliable sources so extra grain of salt.

if they're right about the banner order with 3.1 thatd be reason to trust them, if theyre right about 3.2's yae and childe reruns then the rest is probably right

if anything the thing i doubt about it is no kusanali rerun before sumeru is over, raiden got one before inazuma was over

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

If it's true the worst part will be the beginning for me. The second half only has Dehya to steal my wallet, but drat that first half has a ton of characters just waiting to mug me.

Endorph posted:

if they're right about the banner order with 3.1 thatd be reason to trust them, if theyre right about 3.2's yae and childe reruns then the rest is probably right

if anything the thing i doubt about it is no kusanali rerun before sumeru is over, raiden got one before inazuma was over

They predicted her rerun for 3.7

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh i keep forgetting nahida is her name-name

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

3.5-3.6 will be the death of me if that's accurate, because I really want C2 Kazuha (I already have Kazuha so I'm not starting with nothing at least) and I also really want Alhaitham

Might end up having to give up on the C2 Kazuha dream...

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

I remember we had a ton of these for Inazuma that were almost all wrong so I wouldn't really pay much attention to it unless the leaker already has a track record

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

look he's forever Morax to me :colbert:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radical posted:

I remember we had a ton of these for Inazuma that were almost all wrong so I wouldn't really pay much attention to it unless the leaker already has a track record

they correctly predicted tighnari being added to standard before that was stated by anyone else, iirc?

but even if these are accurate now, plans could change, these are months out. so even if you completely trust the leaker dont plan your life around it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

So the hot weapon banners look like scaraiden, haitham cyno, and closely behind yaechilde/ayatokazuha/shenheyelan.

Those leaks are basically reasonable composites of what other leakers have suggested so far so a few of them will be correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

waifus and husbandos here meaning 'characters'

I've learned to just ignore the semantics stuff with the modern internet. People say waifu I hear "attractive female anime character". They say "this anime" I hear "this TV Show" or "this movie". The stuffs been present in my life for so long its just nothing worth creating a special category for anymore.