Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
turns out lightning can strike the same place twice

https://twitter.com/tplohetski/status/1568018420200837120?s=46&t=7OUhE7eyoRtOMfa0TAc2Uw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

gently caress. I hope it's someone shooting up the police station

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Supposedly at a memorial park, love my normal country

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
gonna have to add another memorial to that park

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's like going on stage after The Who and then smashing up all your instruments too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

"2-6 people hit in suspected gang related shooting" is the only quote in the articles i saw

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Real hurthling! posted:

"2-6 people hit in suspected gang related shooting" is the only quote in the articles i saw

the police are a gang

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
"2-6 people hit in gang related shooting"

https://pinacnews.com/index.php/202...had-tossed-gun/

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Stereotype posted:

gonna have to add another memorial to that park

Rememorial Park

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Parkland trial erupts in shouting match between judge, attorney after defense abruptly rests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nws3OH2vIY8

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Parkland trial erupts in shouting match between judge, attorney after defense abruptly rests

can you explain what the gently caress this means? they just aren't going to defend him anymore?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

can you explain what the gently caress this means? they just aren't going to defend him anymore?
i am not following the trial closely because why would i, but my guess is the defense probably produced a big list of witnesses, then decided not to call most of them at the last possible second.

the prosecution spent a ton of time getting ready for a rebuttal of all those witnesses and preparing their own rebuttal witnesses. now, the state can’t even do a rebuttal because they had to wait to see the defense’s case. instead, the defense didn’t call any of those witnesses. the state isn’t ready and doesn’t even have anything to rebut. judges hate when people pull this poo poo, especially when their is a jury empaneled, as now the state has to totally rework their rebuttal and it’s a huge waste of time and headache for everyone who isn’t on the defense.

everyone knows the guy did it, and the only chance the defense have to keep from Florida from executing their client gonna be in a decades-long appeals process. why even call witnesses? he’s guilty as poo poo, the trial verdict is a foregone conclusion and all the defense is there to do is fight the death sentence after guilt is determined at trial.

the judge is pissed because the defense isn’t pretending the trial is important and she’s afraid of losing the jury.

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 23:22 on Sep 14, 2022

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I read a bit more into it and the Defense wasn't even halfway through their list of witnesses before resting. Basically wasted everybody's time since nobody was expecting the state to produce witnesses at this point. Basically everybody there showed up so the defense could say "we have nothing further your honor :smug: and piss everybody off. Then they try to explain why they did it because they felt "insulted" by the judge, and she cuts them off. Then the following:

"The judge proceeded to ask Cruz if he was satisfied with his defense after a list of names of potential witnesses who would not be called to testify was read into the court record. Among the names was his brother Zachary Cruz.

"Are there any of those people that you feel need to be called [to testify] before you rest?" Scherer asked Cruz.

"I don't know who those people are," Cruz answered. After some clarification, Cruz said, "No, I think we're good."

so lmao, chalk up another group of performative dipshits pissing off judges

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

thecluckmeme posted:

I read a bit more into it and the Defense wasn't even halfway through their list of witnesses before resting. Basically wasted everybody's time since nobody was expecting the state to produce witnesses at this point. Basically everybody there showed up so the defense could say "we have nothing further your honor :smug: and piss everybody off. Then they try to explain why they did it because they felt "insulted" by the judge, and she cuts them off. Then the following:

"The judge proceeded to ask Cruz if he was satisfied with his defense after a list of names of potential witnesses who would not be called to testify was read into the court record. Among the names was his brother Zachary Cruz.

"Are there any of those people that you feel need to be called [to testify] before you rest?" Scherer asked Cruz.

"I don't know who those people are," Cruz answered. After some clarification, Cruz said, "No, I think we're good."

so lmao, chalk up another group of performative dipshits pissing off judges
very funny how the judge tried to gently caress up the defense’s inevitable ineffective assistance claim on appeal by having Cruz consent on the record

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it probably owns to be getting off for all sorts of tickets cause all the cops went to testify at the shooting trial and skipped traffic court

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Judge Bitch Babe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i like all the ppl there who have full gamer rigs installed at the desk

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i must make this judge my wife

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Smythe posted:

i must make this judge my wife

More like she'll make you one of her many subs.

What a badass

coathat
May 21, 2007

The defense is right to gently caress with the trial. Needless waste of time and money because the sickos demand for the death penalty

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I love her implication that the US legal system isn’t a game of chess where everyone is trying to game the rules in their favor.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol at loving up this show trial

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

TheSlutPit posted:

I love her implication that the US legal system isn’t a game of chess where everyone is trying to game the rules in their favor.

US trials are basically competitive improv performances

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
which one was the parkland shooting?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Vim Fuego posted:

Wasn't it the guy with the joker style hair and manifesto

Probably not actually I can't remember anymore.too many to keep straight

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Vim Fuego posted:

it was the one that ted cruz's relative did

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Wasn't it the guy with the joker style hair and manifesto

Probably not actually I can't remember anymore.too many to keep straight

That was Aurora Co.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it was the one that ted cruz's relative did

isn’t Nichael related to Cruz?

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Parkland was the one with the angry teens who went on the news afterwards and later ended up on the cover of time magazine.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
david hogg's hog

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

mawarannahr posted:

isn’t Nichael related to Cruz?

no they just look similar

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

TheSlutPit posted:

Parkland was the one with the angry teens who went on the news afterwards and later ended up on the cover of time magazine.

I think it's irresponsible of Time magazine to glorify the shooters like that

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Vim Fuego posted:

We got David Hogg, media commentator and discoverer of family's CIA ties

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
what about "30-50 spooky hoggs"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mtg has kicked a gun control activist teenager on camera or something

Marjorie Taylor Greene appears to kick teenage gun control activist https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/16/majorie-taylor-greene-republican-kick-video-activist

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Real hurthling! posted:

mtg has kicked a gun control activist teenager on camera or something

Marjorie Taylor Greene appears to kick teenage gun control activist https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/16/majorie-taylor-greene-republican-kick-video-activist
if teen had gun, this not happen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TenementFunster posted:

if teen had gun, this not happen

i posted that in the discord i found the article on. thank you for continuing the chain

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

TheSlutPit posted:

and one coward cop instead of dozens and dozens

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Ohhh, that was the one where Trump claimed he would have rushed in and fought the shooter. Hahaha, at least Parkland brought us some genuine laughs. Silver linings, folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
It's cool that there are so many that nobody can remember which is which