Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

As with virtually all car designs it was right first time and everything that followed looked steadily worse but modern car design being a sea of dross has you convinced it's fine.

This is what they took from you :argh:

Those are some seriously rose colored glasses you're wearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

dissss posted:

My wife's Leaf is down for the count at the moment so we're borrowing my mother's 2016 with the 1.5 and CVT.

Packaging is great (aside from the top tethers being on the roof rather than the seat backs) but as my wife put it "why does it sound so angry if you ask it to go faster". That engine and transmission ain't a pleasant combo.

Sorry I have a manual, sends the car to the next level

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

As with virtually all car designs it was right first time and everything that followed looked steadily worse but modern car design being a sea of dross has you convinced it's fine.

That is an ugly car

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

KillHour posted:

That is an ugly car

Turn on your monitor please

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Ford Festiva with some kind of GTi headlight conversion.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Those are some seriously rose colored glasses you're wearing.

(it was more of a joking post than anything else hence the shaky fist emoticon)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
can't believe the Fit is gone in the US but the Spark and Mirage are still around

I guess the Spark isn't that bad but it's no Fit

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

I guess the Spark isn't that bad but it's no Fit

It is alike in that it's discontinued, though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I saw an HRV next to a fit at a stoplight recently and it doesn't ~look~ that much bigger which is Nice

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

darnon posted:

It is alike in that it's discontinued, though.

the Mirage will somehow outlast all other subcompacts as the worst new car you can legally buy

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

You can still have this (in Europe):

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Russian Bear posted:

A giant version of that would be cool as an Ioniq 5 competitor. Not sure about the tiny mirrors though :newlol:

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Keyser_Soze posted:

A giant version of that would be cool as an Ioniq 5 competitor. Not sure about the tiny mirrors though :newlol:

They are cameras that give you an image to your dash. Illegal in the US. Tiny/no mirrors is more aero.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Russian Bear posted:

The interior is like 90% LCD screen though. :'(

Interesting that this turned up not a million miles from my house
https://twitter.com/CaffandMac/status/1567529216186400768?s=20&t=5c7fVp30kzDzf32jKzJ2Rw

*edit: oh poo poo they're there until tonight.
*edit2: no loving bike tickets left so I can't just roll over now.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 7, 2022

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I saw an HRV next to a fit at a stoplight recently and it doesn't ~look~ that much bigger which is Nice

The new HR-V which is specifically designed for the US market is now Civic-based instead of Fit-based, and is 9.5 inches longer and 2 inches wider than the previous HR-V :btroll:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Godzilla07 posted:

The new HR-V which is specifically designed for the US market is now Civic-based instead of Fit-based, and is 9.5 inches longer and 2 inches wider than the previous HR-V :btroll:

It also looks stupid and is slow

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

New MG EV, £26k-31.5k. Front is giving me Corvette/GT86, rear Toyota.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Frankel/status/1567582459042168832?s=20&t=7heKfK6-qtwcztl-5LE2Lw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLHjx623jA4

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Sep 8, 2022

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

MG, the company historically famous for having stellar electric bits in their cars?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Russian Bear posted:

MG, the company historically famous for having stellar electric bits in their cars?

It's fine, it's probably mostly Chinese

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Owned by SAIC who also manufacture GM and VAG cars in China as well as a bunch of other brands.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I'm cautiously optimistic that the MG4 will be cheap enough to replace my wife's aging Leaf.

TBH the ZS Crossover is already mostly okay - front and rear suspension are a bit mismatched and the seats are greasy vinyl (not like Tesla fake leather at all) but the drivetrain is great for the price.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Jeep announced its all electric lineup.

The Avenger

Recon

And Wagoner S

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Steve French posted:

Can confirm that customer orders show up there, because I have a superduty on order (in shipment now) with that same dealer and our truck is there, showing a $20k markup. If those are autopopulated into inventory I wonder if they have some auto-markup that shows up; I'm certainly not paying that markup (agreement with dealer is MSRP, so either they're not actually charging it or I'm not buying it).

Steve French posted:

Speaking of 2 door broncos…

If there are any cost options on it besides the auto transmission I don’t know what they are. I figure the MSRP was about $35k

Steve French posted:

I was there to get a baseline price for my 2014 F150 since it’s getting replaced with the super duty that’s coming into corwin any day now. They offered just about exactly what I would have guessed: 22k. It’s an interesting switch from 2020 when I sold my A3 etron: Carvana offered me way more than Carmax, but Carvana has always had almost no interest in the truck.

Steve French posted:

Yeah we ordered it end of March this year. We were looking for something to max payload rating without going dually for truck camper use, and everything available was diesel with a correspondingly lower payload due to the weight, and either used and still more money than an MSRP gas truck, or new with a $10-20k markup on top of
the normal 7-10k diesel tax.

They’ve been fine so far, no issues and I’ve been happy with my main point of contact there, but I think the real test will be how they do when the truck shows up and it’s time to finalize everything.

I’ve brought the F150 there for service a few times. The last time I asked them to look at the faulty rear passenger door sensor and the service manager was shocked when I told him I didn’t care to spend $500 to make the truck stop yelling at me about the door being open.

Update on all these things, some relevant to the current market: truck was delivered today. The dealer tried to add a $4k market adjustment (because they have limited allocation and to prevent folks from buying and then flipping over the border in California) and I told them I wasn’t okay with that, as it hadn’t been mentioned at all and our agreement was MSRP when I ordered back in March. The salesman went to “talk to the manager” for 5 minutes or so and came back and apologized for the “miscommunication” and handed an updated form with the right price on it.

They initially offered 16k or so for the f150 as a trade in. I said Carmax offered 22k, they said they try to compete with them and after a bit said that 18.5k was the best they could do, mentioning rust on the underbody. The salesman suggested I just take the Carmax offer.

I drove the f150 straight to Carmax afterwards while my wife took the new superduty home. The updated Carmax offer was $17k. They said the market has changed.

I will be trying my luck private party (if anyone is interested in a low miles 2014 F150 let me know!). But I thought that drastic change in Carmax offers over 2 weeks was notable and relevant.

Also that Bronco is still on the lot; they’ve dropped another $1k off the price

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InI-4QFOA-M

***cheesy audio***

What have BMW done to M over all these years?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Who put a screen there!?

Also, cloth seats on a 7 series? What?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KillHour posted:

Who put a screen there!?

lmao what the gently caress is that screen

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

KillHour posted:

Who put a screen there!?

Cashmere seats.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Inner Light posted:

***cheesy audio***

Turned it into a super profitable marketing thing that they can’t keep in stock. Also the cars go around corners fast because of all the tech magic even if you don’t have much driving skill.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Sep 10, 2022

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Midjack posted:

lmao what the gently caress is that screen

Controls for all the rear seat functions - AC, seat controls, infotainment.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Cash, mere seats.

Ftfy

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Inner Light posted:

***cheesy audio***

Good christ my eyes, that rear is atrocious.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Inner Light posted:

***cheesy audio***

Did anyone else find it oddly funny seeing a human hand open the charging door at 25 seconds?

Everything else is just CAR. Doors open on their own! Seat collapses on its own! Screen lowers down on its own!
But gently caress you you gotta open your own charging port

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Sab669 posted:

Did anyone else find it oddly funny seeing a human hand open the charging door at 25 seconds?

Everything else is just CAR. Doors open on their own! Seat collapses on its own! Screen lowers down on its own!
But gently caress you you gotta open your own charging port

If the battery is dead you probably don't want to have to open with power? That's the only explanation I can think of.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
If the 12V battery is dead then opening the charging door isn’t going to help anyway

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

If the battery is dead you probably don't want to have to open with power? That's the only explanation I can think of.

A manual back up is fine, but regardless it just struck me as unexpected to suddenly see a human hand while the dramatic cyberpunk trailer music played showing off this 'futuristic' car. And then they're like, "Well we haven't figured out how to automated that yet"

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 11, 2022

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

KillHour posted:

Who put a screen there!?

Screen only works if you purchase the DLC. More skins will be added later to the BMW App Store.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Screen only works if you purchase the DLC. More skins will be added later to the BMW App Store.

Rear heat as a service

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

E: never mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Inner Light posted:

***cheesy audio***

I would rather listen to the Dodge SRT Charger GT Falconbird Cougar™ concept electric whine than that exhaust note.