Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beastie posted:

That cell-shaded Spider-Man for Gamecube loving ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i unlocked Cinephile and Alternate Reality in Immortality. i am a true champion. and also it confirms that I really had not seen poo poo when those first two achievements popped, there was SO much stuff I hadn't seen

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Powerwash Simulator is like crack, except there's no high. You just zone out and get dings. It's very Zen and I don't get why it attracts bystanders.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Powerwash Simulator is like crack, except there's no high.

I had a moment of clarity when I got to the shoe house and said out loud "I am power washing a shoe house. What am I doing with my life." My gf ratified with a pursed lip nod mmhmm and I uninstalled it

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Powerwash Simulator loving rules and has lore and one of the more buck wild stories you'll play this year and I'm not making that up

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

every indie game needs to be iceberg youtuber friendly now, you'd do anything to get those wishlists

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

I played powerwash simulator a level and a half, then went outside to actually powerwash my driveway with my actual power washer. It was more fun than the game.

I heartily recommend a real power washer to all gamers, they only cost as much as 2 AAA games or so and will likely provide as much or more enjoyment.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
In the game it doesn't hurt if I fall off a wet roof though

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It tickles the same brain worms that make people like those Dr. Pimple Popper YouTube videos

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1567891439207464964?s=20&t=fPPUFPRWWMDCcC7BGxdFug

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
More ads per square inch!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’ll be nice not having the ugly settings icon on my recents bar I guess

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Change upsets me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Well you're in luck, it's basically the same.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

"We know the Xbox homepage is where our gamers spend the most time,"

I hope they mean "...if they're not playing a game", because on any given evening, I spend probably no more than 20 seconds on the Xbox homepage.

luv 2 stare at my xbox dash for hours

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

univbee posted:

Not sure when they added this but it seems there are new UI icons, at least on my Xbox One X it shows a disc icon on games that I installed from disc. Would actually be nice if it flagged things like games removed from Game Pass so they're easy to purge.

It does. It's an exclamation mark in a triangle.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

American McGay posted:

Well you're in luck, it's basically the same.

Sounds like xbox isn't innovating. Sick of a years old layout

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Switch has the best layout they should just copy it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hatty posted:

Yeah my switch lays out on the night stand collecting dust like a loving champ

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im kidding i am 40 hours into xbc3 rn kinda wishing i was done already

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bring back the blades

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MJBuddy posted:

Every other spider-man dating back over 20 years was cross platform or handheld exclusive.

lol come the gently caress on, this isn't a video game franchise. This is like saying Italian Spider-man is a canonical part of the MCU.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox gonna buy disney

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

univbee posted:

lol come the gently caress on, this isn't a video game franchise. This is like saying Italian Spider-man is a canonical part of the MCU.

If a game series spanning 20 years and 5+ consoles isn't a franchise, then what the gently caress is?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

satanic splash-back posted:

If a game series spanning 20 years and 5+ consoles isn't a franchise, then what the gently caress is?

Harvest Moon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hes saying that sonys spiderman is its own series despite sharing an ip with older games

Its a hard argument to make but i see how he might make it tho it would probably take a long time when we could just laugh at jim ryans crocodile tears

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Street fighter 5.... Though thank you sony for stealing that.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I guess once they inevitably attempt a sinister six spinoff it'll be a full fledged new franchise

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I tried playing Commandos 3 but I just can't, those camera controls are the absolute worst.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
I tried that Disney stardew Valley game but it's 30fps on series X... Looked alright otherwise

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Street fighter 5.... Though thank you sony for stealing that.

See, this is a better game to point to. And 6 will be back on Xbox Series so everything comes full circle.

univbee fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 9, 2022

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the only thing I don't like is that the new UI goes from 7 visible tiles to 6, which means for someone who flips around a couple apps and a bunch of Quick Resume games means I'm going to have to spend at least slightly more time loving around in the Games & Apps menu

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Skeezy posted:

Bring back the blades

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The blades suck the NXE was a big improvement

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Beastie posted:

That cell-shaded Spider-Man for Gamecube loving ruled.

It does, was even written by Bendis and was part of the Ultimate Spider-Man storyline for a good while.

Just wish I could get it working on Dolphin.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Anyone tried Steelrising? I'm not super big into soulslikes but this does look interesting. Weird we're getting to clockwork themed soulslikes this year.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Lammasu posted:

Anyone tried Steelrising? I'm not super big into soulslikes but this does look interesting. Weird we're getting to clockwork themed soulslikes this year.

It''s Spiders, so it's likely a really ambitious game filled with heart that can't quite live up to what it's trying to emulate.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I think it's alright. Animations are kinda janky but that's Spiders for ya. Combat is better than I thought it would be. The setting is neat, French revolution but with automatons. I've been playing on PC and it runs like complete poo poo. Not sure if Xbox is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

barnold posted:

the only thing I don't like is that the new UI goes from 7 visible tiles to 6, which means for someone who flips around a couple apps and a bunch of Quick Resume games means I'm going to have to spend at least slightly more time loving around in the Games & Apps menu

Just pin whatever you frequently use and put the pin group as high up as you can.