Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Doctor Butts posted:

Granted, I don't have experience in food service, but I can't imagine anyone using a basic office style staple in food packaging. In fact, at this point, of the package didn't need those huge loving thick staples, I'd assume every package uses glue or tape.

I mean it just beggars belief.

A lot of places will staple a receipt to a paper bag for takeout orders. I wouldn’t think A&W falls in that category but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
he put that staple there

he's trying to sell some sort of "we don't use staples" license.

i don't respect the law and i'm all for crime but honestly? nathen should probably be in jail

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

kntfkr posted:

nathen should probably be in fork jail

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

kntfkr posted:

he put that staple there

i don't respect the law and i'm all for crime but honestly? nathen should probably be in jail

Nathen Mazri wakes up every day to find he's not been turned into a bug, or Garfield, overnight. Can you imagine a worse punishment for Nathen Mazri than to be Nathen Mazri?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

pseudanonymous posted:

Nathen Mazri wakes up every day to find he's not been turned into a bug, or Garfield, overnight. Can you imagine a worse punishment for Nathen Mazri than to be Nathen Mazri?

probably being poor

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Escape From Noise posted:

Are you not entergaged?

Sounds like they are enterRAGED.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

kntfkr posted:

he put that staple there

This. Normally the place where the burgers are wrapped is totally different from where they are bagged in fast food joints. I just don’t see how a staple can be perfectly place on a bun and then wrapped unintentionally.

Either he faked it or he pissed off a bunch of people.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

GolfHole posted:

a lot of places seem to have some sort of 'paper' stapler that folds your bag into itself really tightly

so yea i totally think garfey is on to something, theres literally no reason to continue to use staples except to give uber drivers more opportunity to steal

I honestly can't recall the last time my food packaging had any staples, it's either a box or an open bag. I think what may have happened is that someone stapled the receipt to the bag and a loose staple fell in. A lot of places will staple the receipt to the bag if the order was made over the phone or Internet. I don't use DoorDash, so I can't confirm if that's common with that kind of service

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 9, 2022

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I am entergorged reading this trainwreck

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I would bet a thousand dollars that this rear end in a top hat just read Trust Me I'm Lying and this is his idea of guerilla marketing for his Partnership for a World Without Staples (PaWWS)

The only staples I see near food is Chinese takeout receipt stapled to the bag. Maybe five guys as well, idk I don't go there much.

edit: Nathen silently removing a staple from his orange suit jacket breast pocket and looking around shiftily before exclaiming OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH EXCUSE ME

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Doctor Butts posted:

Granted, I don't have experience in food service, but I can't imagine anyone using a basic office style staple in food packaging. In fact, at this point, of the package didn't need those huge loving thick staples, I'd assume every package uses glue or tape.

here the local diners and Mexican places use them on overstuffed takeout bags and even on styrofoam clamshell trays / cardboard takeout boxes.

despite that, I've never even heard of someone getting a staple in their food, possibly bc they would simply discard the staple and move on with their lives.

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Rahu posted:

Add a professional staple inspector..... ... ...... $1.50

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kntfkr posted:

probably being poor

Can you imagine what Nathen would be like without the backing of a Saudi oil billionaire?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

A&W always seems to staple the hamburger's little packing bag to the brown order bag. especially for uber/skip orders.

and if nathen was a hungry animal and ripped that bag out of the order bag, sure, i can see a staple dislodging and getting in there

i actually obsessively remove staples from my delivery bags so im kind of on team nathen here
its amazing this isnt a common complaint from people

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

do i have garfholm syndrome

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You got something going on....

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Can you imagine what Nathen would be like without the backing of a Saudi oil billionaire?

Exactly like he is now, he's not that rich. His dad is probably worth low 8 figures, but not 9. He's a finance guy to billionaires.

He's "probably never really needs to work rich" not "smash yachts into each other for fun" rich.

Also, there's a decent chance he gets cut off at some point or disinherited given his shenanigans, IIRC he has a brother who is much more normal and even successful at the family business.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Nathan put the staple there because he’s desperate for attention and wanted an excuse to shill his latest business hashtag that will fizzle out the second he finds something else more interesting. A normal person would take the apology from a&w and take whatever free poo poo they get, but he’s trying to spin it into advertising. He’s an rear end in a top hat and I hope he never stops

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Eh

He'd be just another regular in the Idiots on Social Media thread instead of having his own dedicated thread

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
so did the date Nathen thing happen or what?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Nathen and I are married now. We're very much in love. He's going to take me on a trip to the Garffacino Factory for our honeymoon.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

reignofevil posted:

Nathen and I are married now. We're very much in love. He's going to take me on a trip to the Garffacino Factory for our honeymoon.

:3: i love a happy ending (which you'll be getting from Nathen a lot!!)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

dokmo posted:

so did the date Nathen thing happen or what?

Postponed for very legitimate reasons that have nothing to do with receiving zero applications

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

GolfHole posted:

A&W always seems to staple the hamburger's little packing bag to the brown order bag. especially for uber/skip orders.

and if nathen was a hungry animal and ripped that bag out of the order bag, sure, i can see a staple dislodging and getting in there

i actually obsessively remove staples from my delivery bags so im kind of on team nathen here
its amazing this isnt a common complaint from people

Yea but they staple the bag shut and even then, how would a staple work its way inside a wrapper under the bun?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Doctor Butts posted:

Yea but they staple the bag shut and even then, how would a staple work its way inside a wrapper under the bun?

Exactly! Clearly an assassination attempt on the world's youngest Garfield franchisee! Mneow!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

reignofevil posted:

Congraturgagementations!!!!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

He really loves that quote.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
#magazine, a hashtag I follow

You know, to see what’s happening in the world of magazines. No particular publication or even general field of interest, just the notion of magazines themselves. And guess what, it worked! :psypop:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

He probably paid them to say it.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Wrongo he's got both in spades and then some

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the shtick of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is that the narcissistic author and his producer taped a series and then tried to get the BBC to show it, but they told him it doesn't work that way.

the dating show is kind of like that except in real life and also there's no crew or writers or producers or equipment or locations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Empty Sandwich posted:

the shtick of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is that the narcissistic author and his producer taped a series and then tried to get the BBC to show it, but they told him it doesn't work that way.

the dating show is kind of like that except in real life and also there's no crew or writers or producers or equipment or locations.

Both also have a bangin' self-produced soundtrack.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Both also have a bangin' self-produced soundtrack.

and the books they're based on are similar in quality!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The grift attempts move on

https://twitter.com/theNathfield/status/1570165766552535043

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Pay $100 to have your name printed in 4 point font size in list of a hundred other names that scroll across the screen at warp speed in the last 2 seconds of the credits which is just Nathan slow rolling 26 pages of text where he is in 90% of the staff listings

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I demand to be credited as an executive producer in exchange for any financial support. Gotta get me an IMDB page.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im really craving a garfield pizza face, with a side of coffee

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lookahere motherfucker. Either do your weird bachelor show or don't @ me you turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Give me money, tiny investor
Count the dollars you send my way