Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

kapsalon is so loving good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Sometimes you need the ol slappe & natte

Slappe da bass

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

kapsalon is so loving good

I don't doubt it.

What's with the oude salad? Can it be new salad, or is that verboden?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:chloe:
I hope with Charles in Charge now things get better over there. :(

Yeah, "baby's head" is going to be a real baby's head now

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

madeintaipei posted:

I don't doubt it.

What's with the oude salad? Can it be new salad, or is that verboden?

The heat and grease from the other ingredients is not going to benefit the salad much. Seems like a waste of fresh crunchy greens.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
you've got to shovel it into your mouth like a drunken pig before the salad wilts

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Do they gesmolten the cheese on top of the lettuce and old salad or what? Seems like a fast way to get horrible flaccid greens.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the diagram is just mocking bad kapsalon. :ssh:

When you get a good one the salad, often with lettuce, white and red cabbage, tomato, red onion and hot peppers, is delicious and fresh. The fries are at the bottom, then kebab, then melted cheese over everything, then garlic sauce and hot sambal. the salad is added on top of all that. It's really nice :3:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, "baby's head" is going to be a real baby's head now

Excuse me it’s clearly “babbys yed” don’t you speak the king’s English?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

sauer kraut posted:

That's Dutch.
Seems like a variation of the Turko-Germanic Kebab plate, with everything dumped in a dog's bowl and melted Gouda on top.

:lofty:

There's no such thing as being too good for good food.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The halal snack pack looks conceptually superior to the kapsalon but I'd eat both in a heartbeat.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:chloe:

Every pic I've ever seen of it makes it all look dry.... yet it's fried. British chips are basically steak fries here which are my least favorite fry. Always soggy and dry at the same time. It's dark magic.

I'd agree that they often look quite flaccid for lack of a better word, and the sameness of everything being fried the same colour is also slightly off-putting, not to mention the preparation probably lends itself to everything tasting more or less the same. Having a slice or mini-pizza is a great idea but if it's just going to be a frozen McCain then it may as well not be in there.

And yeah fries are a rich terrain, seldom done to perfection. I like a shoestring fry fried in lard or peanut oil but I'll always spin the wheel on a lesser preparation. I mean I guess America has a version of this, it's functionally just the appetizer platter from Applebee's and similar restaurants but to go. But we certainly could use more places doing it and later at night.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I just wish more people knew of the joys of malt vinegar on fries

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Scratch Monkey posted:

I wish more places had it in the states, it should be a standard condiment.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

it's so good

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Scratch Monkey posted:

I should give that a try but I don't know any place here that sells malt vinegar, would wine vinegar be a good substitute ?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Scratch Monkey posted:

its insanely good. i learned of it as a child because of strip-mall philly cheesesteak joint "Charleys" and i still have a soft spot in my heart for that chain decades later. cup of fries freshly malt vinegared in a mall ftmfw

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

By popular demand posted:

I should give that a try but I don't know any place here that sells malt vinegar, would wine vinegar be a good substitute ?

i ran out of malt vinegar a couple months ago and used red wine vinegar and it was different but still delicious :shrug:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you can make it out of beer if you have no other option. probably easier to just buy it off amazon or something.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It's a standard Heinz product and should be with the other vinegars in a reasonably well-stocked grocer but if you have any kind of store stocking specifically British goods they ought to have it too

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I've spent the past two nights watching videos about pizza napoletana with cornicione ripieno, which is basicall a napolitana with cheese stuffed crust

Anyways here's more Italian hand gestures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5IFgdyreBg

and here's a bonus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwRfFR19wJc

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 9, 2022

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

the hands were flying in this video. this guy is a real stronzo for pulling this poo poo with the burgers

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Malt vinegar is ultra standard in New England as well as Old

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
makes slaw go from :( to :D

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Malt vinegar is the supreme condiment for fries, and also fried fish.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
fried catfish and fries straight out of the grease, doused with malt vinegar. hell yeah.

https://twitter.com/dominos_JP/status/1414415593998929920?s=20&t=fTVyTO_cGkfL7M2p4CAo3w

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That actually looks delicious.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

By popular demand posted:

That actually looks delicious.

Please tell me you simply didn't notice the lemon slices with the rinds still on them

Tartan Target
Jun 1, 2001

why does cultural appropriation not apply to italian food

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Devils Affricate posted:

Please tell me you simply didn't notice the lemon slices with the rinds still on them

take off the rinds and it looks pretty good

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tartan Target posted:

hard to get mad about it when you invented the best and most popular food of all time, pizza

it would be punching down

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uber_stoat posted:

fried catfish and fries straight out of the grease, doused with malt vinegar. hell yeah.

https://twitter.com/dominos_JP/status/1414415593998929920?s=20&t=fTVyTO_cGkfL7M2p4CAo3w

That dominos reaction sounds vaguely threatening

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Devils Affricate posted:

And the tomato/tartar sauce combo

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

ekuNNN posted:

That dominos reaction sounds vaguely threatening

It's very authetnic, they use "challenge" instead of "try" as a quasi-slang verb there for some reason

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tartan Target posted:

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:gonk:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Toxic Mental posted:

hard to get mad about it when you invented the best and most popular food of all time, pizza

it would be punching down

Italians and Italian-Americans do get really mad about people doing weird poo poo to it (I mean poo poo, did you watch the pineapple pizza in Naples vid?).
But not in an appropriation sort of way, more in a "that is sacrilege you fuckin' mook".
Ketchup on Italian food is definitely the ultimate sin beyond even pineapple.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

good deal, only 50 cents a slice

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Australia: Hold my beer.